The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Oh dear, I'm struggling to work out if you're joking? 

So we have a game on Tuesday, the general consensus is M and M have to go and a number are calling for Holt to go immediately too.

What is your immediate solution to maximise our chances of going up this season?

I hate to see all the usual calling for heads, passing blame, spouting the usual told you so (so easy), but not willing to propose a plan of action.

What’s yours then?

5 minutes ago, keithgy said:

2 rookie managers who may have been good Falkirk lads but will never make it as mangers.

Were they even good Falkirk lads? That gets thrown around a lot but let’s be honest, McCracken played here for a few years at the end of his career, wasn’t exactly a fans favourite in that time either. Miller obviously has a slight affinity with the place with it being his first club etc but he spent most of his career elsewhere and chucked it during his second spell as a player.

5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Were they even good Falkirk lads? That gets thrown around a lot but let’s be honest, McCracken played here for a few years at the end of his career, wasn’t exactly a fans favourite in that time either. Miller obviously has a slight affinity with the place with it being his first club etc but he spent most of his career elsewhere and chucked it during his second spell as a player.

I agree with this, we are hardly talking about Crunchie or Scott McKenzie guys who gave the best part of their careers to the Bairns. Miller was off as soon as he got the chance and as you say Cracks was hardly a fans fave. 

Get them to f**k.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

54 minutes ago, MS RR said:

I think we can be pretty sure he's heavily involved in influencing the coaching side of things at Falkirk. Things have managed to get worse since he's been in the job, some how. I just want a complete overhaul at the club so I can look forward to matchdays at the weekend. 

I don't think we were playing any better before the shutdown when we got pumped by Airdrie and East Fife and Holt wasnt on the scene then.

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

Club haven't tweeted anything since full-time 👀

Was the same after the Airdrie game the McCracken interview came up quite late 

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't think we were playing any better before the shutdown when we got pumped by Airdrie and East Fife and Holt wasnt on the scene then.

Well the whole season has been a shit show, we've certainly not improved since Holt has been there. 

50 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

So we have a game on Tuesday, the general consensus is M and M have to go and a number are calling for Holt to go immediately too.

What is your immediate solution to maximise our chances of going up this season?

I hate to see all the usual calling for heads, passing blame, spouting the usual told you so (so easy), but not willing to propose a plan of action.

What’s yours then?

They only short term solution is to bin the two of them and give Holt the job full time for the rest of the season. We don't have time to appoint anyone else and we can't do nothing.

5 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Can’t you see the trend ? It’s only going one way, and it’s not forwards and us winning this league or getting up via any playoffs. You obviously think everything is fine and all will be ok. 

No, not at all do I think everything is fine. A club like yours should be a shoe in for top of championship at the very least. The question was posed what do we have going for us and i was just pointing out you are top by a point. I can't comment on your form as I've only see Falkirk twice but being top has to count for something surely.

Just now, MS RR said:

Well the whole season has been a shit show, we've certainly not improved since Holt has been there. 

I didn't expect us to improve under him short term anyway.  He's the dof. It's not his job to win games on a Saturday it's his job to provide the managers with the players to win games. Difficult to do that in the short term and difficult to do that if dumb and dumber are still deciding what positions need filled.

45 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

If the rumours were true with him and Kerr downing tools on Houstie then you can pretty much say since that happened we have been in freefall ever since so technically the biggest rot/demise is since they shafted houstie over. As much as i didn't want them to fail i will always blame him as part of the reason why we are in this position.

We went into the East Fife game with the prospect of having a 9 point lead to bottle it and have since blew a 7 point lead to nothing and as been posted we could just as well finish this season in 3rd place.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I didn't expect us to improve under him short term anyway.  He's the dof. It's not his job to win games on a Saturday it's his job to provide the managers with the players to win games. Difficult to do that in the short term and difficult to do that if dumb and dumber are still deciding what positions need filled.

It's very difficult to say what his actual role at the club is, but I believe he's involved with the coaching to a large extent. He was a manager at a premiership team a couple of months ago, do you think he's come to Falkirk with intentions of staying away from coaching? Also, appointing him as a DOF makes very little sense when Martindale was the one who made all the decisions on who Livingston signed. Holt has very little experience of player recruitment and that in itself would suggest that he's not at Falkirk to work away from the dugout.