The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

As an interested diamond fan mainly because I have a bet on Falkirk winning the league what on earth is going on with your team have things got worst since Holt came ♦️

I think it started before then but there is some truth that we appear to have further regressed.

I could offer loads of reasons why. Truth is they’d all be nothing but speculation on my part....

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If Holt I'd having influence on the side then it just emphasises how feckin warped our set up is. It also shows m and m up for being too spineless guts. No manager worth his salt should be allowing a dof to influence the first team. Holt should be working on recruitment and youth development and feck all else until his job is changed. If that is to interim first te coach then so be it but up till then he should have feck all to do with our first 11 tactics and team set up.

Tony Docherty might be in with a shout.

Falkirk connection, pals with Alex Totten and would certainly kick a few arses that need kicking.

Don't think there has been so much hope in the support for an ex player management team to to do well since George Miller. But it's just not worked out, sad but thats the way it is. 

My issue, as lots of others have mentioned in the past, is that they were given the job far too quickly. Most had no issue with them being brought in on an interim basis to see how they got on, but we dispatched a couple of diddy teams (which McKinnon was (largely) doing anyway) so gave them the job full-time without knowing if they were completely up to it.  It quickly became clear to the majority of us that they weren't.

I’m going to turn 30 later this year, and I’ve been following the Bairns since I was a little nipper. My parents signed me up for the Junior Bairns on the day I was born, so Falkirk has been a part of my life since day one. I’ve been to hundreds of games over the years, home and away and experienced the high and lows of being a Falkirk fan, but this season has killed my interest in the team. 

The whole club is a disgrace just now, and the last few weeks have been like the manky cherry on top. There’s things that have annoyed me for years, such as the shitey commentary team on FTV, any time I watch the highlights I whack them on mute. I understand they may be passionate and they’re just doing their jobs, but it’s awful listening to them. The whole shenanigans with the MSG and Kenny Rogers was also an absolute farce, making the whole club and its fans looks like absolute eejits. Over the last few weeks we’ve seen things go from bad to worse. A couple of examples here:

1- Performances this season have generally been crap, but it’s getting even worse. Clearly we were underdogs against Celtic, but I’ve never felt so embarrassed watching a Falkirk game.  40 odd shots to zero from us, booting the ball away the second we got possession without even trying to push forward. I would rather lose 6/7-0 and actually try and do something in the game. I had to laugh when we whacked the highlights up after the game.

2- Having two managers clearly isn’t working, and I don’t believe Gary Holt should be in his position either. Even if we somehow get promoted this season we should be looking for a single manager next season, ideally with a bit of a pedigree. We should be using some of the new money to get someone in who can actually lead the team forward, rather than stagnating even further. I just don’t believe we need a DOF right now, and it’s another wage that is being taken out of the club when it should be used elsewhere.

3- Listening to Rawlings interview last week was infuriating too, absolute birthday caird pish. It was far too positive, talking about how impressed they were with the different aspects with the club and how well the managers and players were doing. I know they can’t go off on rampage about what’s wrong with the club, but the fans know what they are saying is nonsense. It would be a breath of fresh air if they just said the truth, though I know that will never happen. It may just be me, but it pisses me off when they try and pretend everything is rosy.

The whole club is just a mess just now, and it breaks my heart to see us in this nick. I hope things get better soon, but I’m just so disillusioned these days.

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Tony Docherty might be in with a shout.

Falkirk connection, pals with Alex Totten and would certainly kick a few arses that need kicking.

Don't think there has been so much hope in the support for an ex player management team to to do well since George Miller. But it's just not worked out, sad but thats the way it is. 

Tony Docherty took the Forfar job last week, he’s also a fucking p***k of a man. 

Holt isn’t the answer either. Shitebag. 

Clearout required. Top to fucking bottom. 

Tony Docherty took the Forfar job last week, he’s also a fucking p***k of a man. 

Holt isn’t the answer either. Shitebag. 

Clearout required. Top to fucking bottom. 

Can we now agree it’s time to get Houston back then?....

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think it started before then but there is some truth that we appear to have further regressed.

I could offer loads of reasons why. Truth is they’d all be nothing but speculation on my part....

We've been at a pretty poor level all season to be honest. Once we're found out by teams that's it. We're playing just as poor now as we were before the break and before Holt turned up.

19 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

I’m going to turn 30 later this year, and I’ve been following the Bairns since I was a little nipper. My parents signed me up for the Junior Bairns on the day I was born, so Falkirk has been a part of my life since day one. I’ve been to hundreds of games over the years, home and away and experienced the high and lows of being a Falkirk fan, but this season has killed my interest in the team. 

The whole club is a disgrace just now, and the last few weeks have been like the manky cherry on top. There’s things that have annoyed me for years, such as the shitey commentary team on FTV, any time I watch the highlights I whack them on mute. I understand they may be passionate and they’re just doing their jobs, but it’s awful listening to them. The whole shenanigans with the MSG and Kenny Rogers was also an absolute farce, making the whole club and its fans looks like absolute eejits. Over the last few weeks we’ve seen things go from bad to worse. A couple of examples here:

1- Performances this season have generally been crap, but it’s getting even worse. Clearly we were underdogs against Celtic, but I’ve never felt so embarrassed watching a Falkirk game.  40 odd shots to zero from us, booting the ball away the second we got possession without even trying to push forward. I would rather lose 6/7-0 and actually try and do something in the game. I had to laugh when we whacked the highlights up after the game.

2- Having two managers clearly isn’t working, and I don’t believe Gary Holt should be in his position either. Even if we somehow get promoted this season we should be looking for a single manager next season, ideally with a bit of a pedigree. We should be using some of the new money to get someone in who can actually lead the team forward, rather than stagnating even further. I just don’t believe we need a DOF right now, and it’s another wage that is being taken out of the club when it should be used elsewhere.

3- Listening to Rawlings interview last week was infuriating too, absolute birthday caird pish. It was far too positive, talking about how impressed they were with the different aspects with the club and how well the managers and players were doing. I know they can’t go off on rampage about what’s wrong with the club, but the fans know what they are saying is nonsense. It would be a breath of fresh air if they just said the truth, though I know that will never happen. It may just be me, but it pisses me off when they try and pretend everything is rosy.

The whole club is just a mess just now, and it breaks my heart to see us in this nick. I hope things get better soon, but I’m just so disillusioned these days.

Great post, I'm far too lazy to type all this but it 100% sums up my feelings over the past few years. I'm 54 and have been following the Bairns for 48 years and I've seen low points before, this period is certainly up there with them. I could honestly chuck it as I'm completely scunnered at the moment. I love this club but by god they are stressing me out just now.

Bad performances are one thing but that today looked like 11 guys on the park who were totally lost and 2 guys in the dugout who were equally as lost.

Bonkers team selection and our 4th different formation this month suggests nobody really knows what they are doing.

Change needed. 

On 15/01/2021 at 13:14, MS RR said:

It's been worse than depressing supporting Falkirk over the last 3-years and there's no hope of it getting any better when you consider the people running the club. All Gary Deans seems to do, is say things that Falkirk fans want to hear but he doesn't really have any idea how to get us back to just a decent standard. He makes rotten decisions and there's absolutely no long-term plan. It just looks like we'll continuously buy crap journey-men who we'll release after a year. I just can't see what Gary Holt will offer, I would much rather have Pressley and Jefferies in. They both have a history of bringing excellent players to the Falkirk,  we've let squander an opportunity that we desperately need. 

Look at this message I wrote at the start of January. I seemed to spot something that most Falkirk fans couldn't, this comment was very unpopular at the time. Does anyone disagree with me now?

Gary Holt is a complete clown and it was so obviously a ridiculous decision to bring him in, but yet again we have to wait until the situation is beyond desperate until most fans spot something is wrong. 

3 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Look at this message I wrote at the start of January. I seemed to spot something that most Falkirk fans couldn't, this comment was very unpopular at the time. Does anyone disagree with me now?

Gary Holt is a complete clown and it was so obviously a ridiculous decision to bring him in, but yet again we have to wait until the situation is beyond desperate until most fans spot something is wrong. 

Agree with a lot of it but I can't help feeling it's a bit much fans lumping blame on Gary holt for this mess.  We don't know for a fact whether he's had any influence at all on the first 11.  Unless someone close to the situation can come out and say aye he's picking the side , aye he's doing the team talks and the tactics then for me there's only two people to blame and that's the management. 

[emoji122]

1 hour ago, Smikka Smikka Smoodoo said:

Watching Livi play and the style is exactly the same as when they sailed past us in the Championship. Pretty clear Holt had nothing to do with it, we can only hope some of Martindale rubbed off on him. 

If it has, the machine at the airport will detect it.

31 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Always provoked debate.
My thought though is that he sticks to coaching and Holt on recruiting....

We all know you love Houston but his time was up and going back isn’t  the right thing to do. 

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Agree with a lot of it but I can't help feeling it's a bit much fans lumping blame on Gary holt for this mess.  We don't know for a fact whether he's had any influence at all on the first 11.  Unless someone close to the situation can come out and say aye he's picking the side , aye he's doing the team talks and the tactics then for me there's only two people to blame and that's the management. 

I think we can be pretty sure he's heavily involved in influencing the coaching side of things at Falkirk. Things have managed to get worse since he's been in the job, some how. I just want a complete overhaul at the club so I can look forward to matchdays at the weekend.