The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Williamson

Statisically the best attacking right back in the league, but then again I'm using the SPFL website so my stats might be flawed as it also has Fotheringham with two assists in 5 games for us and I can't for the life of me think of 1 never mind 2. Where's Random Guy when you need him?

Edited by FFC 1876

You were linked with Jordon Forster in the January period alongside Partick Thistle, were you not?
He's just been released from us.

He’s just the sort of jobber I’d expect us to chuck a 2 year contract at. A worse version of Mark Durnan.

If it is Williamson I highly doubt it'll be announced anytime soon. I mentioned a few months ago on here I'd have him this summer very much reminds me of Kieran Duffie with his big gangly runs. Hopefully not as plagued with injuries as Duffie was. It's also good to hear we're getting some business done early. Like a wee precontract signing shows Holt's hopefully hard at work.

Edited by FFC 1876

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If it is Williamson I highly doubt it'll be announced anytime soon. I mentioned a few months ago on here I'd have him this summer very much reminds me of Kieran Duffie with his big gangly runs. Hopefully not as plagued with injuries as Duffie was. It's also good to hear we're getting some business done early. Like a wee precontract signing shows Holt's hopefully hard at work.

Surely you would be announcing it asap. Anything that may  disrupt another one of your competitors can only be a good thing.

If you have signed Williamson, get ready to be incredibly frustrated by him. He’s great at getting up and down the pitch, and creating space for himself to cross but his delivery is often dreadful, and he’s a bit of a shitebag.

You could certainly do worse though.

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

Foster has looked like the weak link whenever I've seen Thistle this season and we've got enough plodding 30+ fullbacks already. Hard pass.

Foster has been superb for us this season and is definitely not the weak link he is the best full back at the club playing LEFT back this season. If you want a defender who can defend and assist with some goals Foster is the man, if you want a defender who isn’t comfortable defending but good going forward then Williamson is the man for you. 

I hope we keep Foster for next season whatever league we’re in.

Good interview with Holt and Ian Fergus there. The start of a beautiful story for our club hopefully. All about the future now, we know things have went incredibly wrong in the past but it's time we looked forward and focussed on rewriting those past wrongs.

Obviously disappointing to hear about the crunchie initiative situation but other than that our new board seem to have made the right moves to take us forward as a club. Rawlins investment in, a director of football in and the start of an academy beckoning. Lot of work to be done but encouraging first steps. Just need to get it right on the park for the rest of this season to give us an even better boost.

It’s not going to be Foster because he was at the stadium and met the managers last season before going to Partick. He was going to sign until he noticed we had the plastic pitch so he won’t be signing. I mean, how can you not know we have a plastic pitch ? 🤣 Williamson would be an upgrade on any RB we’ve had recently. 

If we have signed a RB currently playing in this division it says one thing, we are preparing for another season in this league or bottom half of the championship. I've yet to see a RB with the exception of Neilson who isn't ours who you could honestly say  is a class apart. And we have no chance of getting him permanently. That and our track record of signing decent RB's is awful. Only us could sign a worse right back than one we let go. 

Yip sounds like the return of the shitebaggery formula. Sounds like it's horses for courses regardless of opposition and stifle the life out the game, nick a goal and  try not concede which goes out the window If the opposition score first. If that's the attitude going into the split games we ain't going up. 

We will adapt to how the other team plays is the first sign of “set up not to lose” why the f**k not let Cove worry about us. I just wish they would f**k off

We will adapt to how the other team plays is the first sign of “set up not to lose” why the f**k not let Cove worry about us. I just wish they would f**k off

That was exactly my thinking. Why are we adapting when we are league leaders

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

That was exactly my thinking. Why are we adapting when we are league leaders

Fear of getting pumped. And/or still being in the game and scrape a goal of we go one down. Fucking ludicrous and it's that tactic that is going to cost us promotion and M&M their jobs.  Partick will absolutely murder us in the split game on current form.