The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Our club is run horribly,the board do not give a f**k for anyone apart from themselves,we took the cheep option at the start of the season and it has back fired on us big style.The players we have signed have NOT been good enough.

We’re not great by any stretch of the imagination but Jesus Christ what a load of bollocks this is, would you rather be in Particks position than ours right now? 

4 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Our club is run horribly,the board do not give a f**k for anyone apart from themselves,we took the cheep option at the start of the season and it has back fired on us big style.The players we have signed have NOT been good enough.

I think the players we have signed have been good enough but the others at the club haven’t been. Neilson is head and shoulders our best defender alongside McCelland. 

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

We’re not great by any stretch of the imagination but Jesus Christ what a load of bollocks this is, would you rather be in Particks position than ours right now? 

The way they are playing yes. We haven't show anything like that kind of form. We're huffing and puffing whilst they hit top gear.

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

I think the players we have signed have been good enough but the others at the club haven’t been. Neilson is head and shoulders our best defender alongside McCelland. 

Neilson yes. McClelland hasn't played enough. However, we haven't done anything really to improve the other end of the pitch which is more of a concern at the moment.  Young Fotheringham is very raw and wouldn't be playing if Connolly was fit. Apart from that we're left with the same old shite.

Obviously it's still in our hands but given how we have played for the majority of the season i've every right to wet my knickers. Especially when we've never looked like beating Partick or Airdrie in the two previous meetings this season. 

Don't think us seal clubbing a couple of part time teams who've played a million games in 3 weeks is anything to panic over but I guess I'd be the same if it was the other way around. Was only 9 days ago our fans were concerned we might not make the top 5, after all. 

I don't think anyone on here is denying it is entirely in our own hands. If we win our next two games, we will be in a great position.

However, Partick are coming into form at just the right time and I remain totally unconvinced by this squad - it will take a bit more than slightly more upbeat performance and 2-1 win against a Clyde side that were completely fucked to give me any kind of confidence. I'm very hopeful we can put in some kind of great performance on Saturday, but it would be very much the exception rather than the norm this season.

Miller and McCracken are probably the biggest cause for our fans to now be slightly panicking. They have shown nothing to make us feel confident they can get us over the line. I honestly think we will see a much more defensively minded line up on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Don’t disagree with part of your post, and agree that the players signed ( over past two+ years) have been mediocre at best. The club has been a disaster for a long time, again no argument there. However I disagree that the new BOD don’t give a Fck,  for me we’ve got a new set of guys who are trying to repair the horrific decisions made by previous charlatans dressed as Falkirk people. The appointment and  investment (Rawlins) and the news about the appointment of a credible football guy for establishing a proper development squad speaks volumes...... 

And if the rumours are correct these same bod members are making the same old mistakes when dealing with the crunchie initiative guys who seem to be facing all sorts of issues getting the board to agree to anything .

17 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s easy to believe any/all rumours about the club and it’s decisions. Often on this site we have many people posting facts, hearsay and utter shite.

For me the Crunchie initiative is a brilliant project and can’t thank the guys enough, who have poured endless hours of their own time raising unbelievable amounts of cash for one of the best ever players to grace the jersey. A true bairn raised and borne to play at our famous home.

If we’ve got opposition to anything to do with the current initiative by guys and the BOD, ffs please bring this to the table and let’s get it sorted...  

Sounds like the usual issue of the club not wanting anything done they don't come up with themselves even initiatives like this that have no downside whatsoever surely.

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

Rudden has scored as many goals in 2 days as Francis, Keena and Sammon have all season. Be handy if they started firing soon. 

Keena just gets a bit more leeway imo given he was out injured for a while and last Saturday apart was basically isolated up front on his own with zero support. Minus point for missing the penalty against Airdrie. The rest including Dowds couldnt fire up a BBQ. Keena is a decent finisher we have saw glimpses of that he took his goal well on Saturday and was unlucky with another that came off the woodwork. He just needs more service into the box. Be handy if Connolly was fit for the run in. 

Let’s face it, if  someone had credible facts please speak up, too much “ political correctness”  about nowadays. 
Are you suggesting that the CI guys air the disagreements on here? Don't think that is the best way to resolve them tbh. I am sure discussions are ongoing between party's.

10 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Don’t disagree with part of your post, and agree that the players signed ( over past two+ years) have been mediocre at best. The club has been a disaster for a long time, again no argument there. However I disagree that the new BOD don’t give a Fck,  for me we’ve got a new set of guys who are trying to repair the horrific decisions made by previous charlatans dressed as Falkirk people. The appointment and  investment (Rawlins) and the news about the appointment of a credible football guy for establishing a proper development squad speaks volumes...... 

Deans is an MSG stooge. He was brought in by Liddell and then Deans brought in this current lot onto the Board.

What happened to the consortium of local businessmen/fans (some of whom were instrumental in getting the Rawlins deal over the line) who wanted to significantly invest in the Club? How’s that progressing?

The blueprint for the Academy relaunch is almost exactly what this local consortium put to the Club over a year ago which was turned down at the time. 

I still wouldn’t trust this lot to run a bath let alone our football club. 

20 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Deans is an MSG stooge. He was brought in by Liddell and then Deans brought in this current lot onto the Board.

What happened to the consortium of local businessmen/fans (some of whom were instrumental in getting the Rawlins deal over the line) who wanted to significantly invest in the Club? How’s that progressing?

The blueprint for the Academy relaunch is almost exactly what this local consortium put to the Club over a year ago which was turned down at the time. 

I still wouldn’t trust this lot to run a bath let alone our football club. 

You got that 100% accurate. Sometimes faces don’t fit, that’s the only explanation I can give. Perhaps we would have rocked the boat a bit, but for all the right reasons.  We have a Liddell cohort appointed Chairman who had, what can only be described as an Apprenticeship type Audition to choose new board members a year or so ago. I could have hand picked them myself in two minutes that night.  With regards to the Academy structure, there were local guys with a good pedigree in coaching and scouting prepared to work for next to nothing. My concern is IF Holt and the guy Fergus don’t hang around and with their track record, who knows, that may be the case then it could create issues moving forward. They should have gone with the local guys that were really keen for three reasons. 1. They wouldn’t have jumped ship after two minutes and would have been in it for the long haul which gives you the continuity it requires. 2. They were local, Falkirk guys who genuinely did care. 3. It would have saved you circa £45k! 

12 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Not against semi competent teams when it mattered though. Montrose controlled the game against us 2 weeks ago 

Looks like two games that went fairly similar ways to me. By all accounts Partick were very clinical last night. Let's not forget Montrose have just come off the back of a brutal run of fixtures as well.

1494426571_ScreenShot2021-04-16at09_03_19.thumb.png.b2bddbb0eec1f7f5ab7b6cdfb31ee7d3.png1839656363_ScreenShot2021-04-16at09_03_46.thumb.png.a4f0fc271677ab1db03f1f7ee74b97a3.png