The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

At least Sammon was saying they went for it on Saturday there, and it obviously worked.

Sounds like the players have been gagging to be let off the leash a bit.

Aye I got that from the interview a bit too.

Tbh it was nice to hear him actually having thoughts about what our best setup is. Comforting to know they’re actually thinking about it rather than just me see ball me run to ball me kick ball which is what it feels like a lot of the time 

16 minutes ago, AGPar said:

No, plays in this league

8 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Surely it's a bit mental to sign anyone on a pre contract given we don't know what league we'll be playing in next season 

Could be someone who’s part time and wants to go full time regardless...

So if the teams finish Falkirk, Cove, Partick, Montrose, Airdrie after 18 matches that would give us

Sat - Montrose (H)

Tues - Partick (A)

Thurs - Cove (H)

Sat - Free

Tues - Airdrie (A)

4th place probably with a slight advantage having their break in the middle of that run and a slight disadvantage for 3rd having no break and not playing on the final day 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Quite unexpectedly, I met the father of Forbes Johnston a few years ago, and he told me about the trauma which his family went through regarding the death of his son. Won’t go in to all the details but what was interesting was how grateful he was to FFC for all the support afforded to him after his sons death. He was regularly invited and accepted invitations to join the directors at games. Bear in mind that Forbes had already left to join Dundee United and then emigrated to Australia, I think.
Good to hear a good story about our club.

Thanks for sharing. Always thought Forbes was a very good footballer and I remember being proud when he got an U21 cap as not many Falkirk players did back then.

He was clearly an intelligent you laddie who struggled after retiring from football early through injury.

I’m pretty sure it was Airdrie he signed for after us and not Dundee Utd though.

27 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

So if the teams finish Falkirk, Cove, Partick, Montrose, Airdrie after 18 matches that would give us

Sat - Montrose (H)

Tues - Partick (A)

Thurs - Cove (H)

Sat - Free

Tues - Airdrie (A)

4th place probably with a slight advantage having their break in the middle of that run and a slight disadvantage for 3rd having no break and not playing on the final day 

Lets hope Montrose and Clyde win the SC ties and we call it after 18, because we'll f*ck the above up.

2 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Lets hope Montrose and Clyde win the SC ties and we call it after 18, because we'll f*ck the above up.

Even if they win their cup ties we'll be playing 22. The deal was that every team had 18 games played before the 23rd of April. Which after Tuesday's set of results will have happened. It's 22 games barring a covid catastrophe between now and Tuesday so we're in it for the long haul.

39 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Sat - Montrose (H)

Tues - Partick (A)

Thurs - Cove (H)

Sat - Free

Tues - Airdrie (A)

East Fife still have a very good chance of making it into the playoffs. They play Peterhead at home on Saturday then Airdrie on Tuesday night in what could be the decider. As they are only 2 point behind Airdrie currently with their game in hand against Peterhead still to go.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Surely it's a bit mental to sign anyone on a pre contract given we don't know what league we'll be playing in next season 

Not when we know we need a right back next season regardless. Depending on who it is could be a no brainer to tie him up before someone else does. 

38 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn1995 said:

It it’s a RB who currently plays in this league there’s only one player imo that would be an exciting signing. That’s Cammy Ballentyne, anyone else would be a bit meh and if it’s Foster I’ll greet. 

See I can't say I see the hype about him whenever we've played Montrose I always think Steeves sticks out more but maybe i've just not been watching Ballantyne close enough or maybe he's just never been troubled. 1 assist in the league all season from a Montrose team that have scored a fair few.

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

My concern is that Partick seem to be coming on to form at just the right time. I also think that you compare side by side, they have a superior squad to us.

I think both squads are similar in that there's players I'd have from their squad in our team but at the same time they have their weaknesses. Ricky Foster at left back, Ciaran Mckenna isn't exactly Cafu at right back and their two centre midfielders aren't world beaters. We'll see how they get on tonight against Montrose then i'll start to panic.

9 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

My concern is that Partick seem to be coming on to form at just the right time. I also think that you compare side by side, they have a superior squad to us.

They were struggling badly but Tiffoney has single handedly given them the spark they needed it seems. The wee c**t.