The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Nice to see the club putting up a video of Leitch acting like a decent footballer in training  even if it was only Durnan at the end he nutmegs. Makes it a little more fathomable as to why they kept selecting him to start.

It's the bit after he beats a man that's his main problem. It invaryingly results in him running out the park or booting it into the stand.

30 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Does anyone know when Miller and McCracken’s contract ends? For example, if we don’t go up can they be binned easily? 

Most of the moron clubs hiring managers out their depth are giving them "rolling contracts", so you'll likely have 12 month deals to pay off regardless of when you do it.

32 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Does anyone know when Miller and McCracken’s contract ends? For example, if we don’t go up can they be binned easily? 

Problem is if we go up they'll definitely be given a shot at the championship. Recruitment is our main issue so Gary Holt needs to get that right in the summer if we do end up getting promoted.

Edited by FFC 1876

Most of the moron clubs hiring managers out their depth are giving them "rolling contracts", so you'll likely have 12 month deals to pay off regardless of when you do it.
What a deply pointless rabble of a post that is.

Surely if you are in another clubs thread and dont actually have any clue of the answer to a question its best just to leave it?

Parts of me are a little conflicted - I am absolutely desperate for us to win the title and get out of this hole of a league, but the thought of watching a M&M team in the Championship also makes me want to heave.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

10 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Parts of me are a little conflicted - I am absolutely desperate for us to win the title and get out of this hole of a league, but the thought of watching a M&M team in the Championship also makes me want to heave.

The utter cluelessness displayed by James McPake and Steve Crawford (despite being in the top half all season!) is a grim foreboding. That game last night was disgusting.

38 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I want out this league. The thought of us having been top for a large part of the season and not go up is gut wrenching. Adding to the fact, a third season in this league would be unbearable.

The only likely thing about this post is you are talking shite

I still have a little bit of hope that they will get tipped out in the summer whatever the result of this season.

Failure to do that will show what a clueless bunch those running the place on behalf of Ritchie and Alexander are

15 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Problem is if we go up they'll definitely be given a shot at the championship. Recruitment is our main issue so Gary Holt needs to get that right in the summer if we do end up getting promoted.

My main concern is it will still be those two clowns deciding who stays and what positions need replaced . I would presume the set up would be that they would tell Holt what positions they want filled and then he will find the players. As we saw in the last window again  they are utterly clueless at working out what positions need strengthened .

15 minutes ago, Smikka Smikka Smoodoo said:

That might be a bit harsh. We don't know how many players turned us down as they don't want to play in the Third Division and how many turned us down because we're a basket case of a club. 

There's clubs in a bigger shambles than us at the moment.The part time clubs have better recruitment than us down here.  Our squads full of players that could quite easily be playing in the championship for the likes of Morton or queen's etc just like big Buchanan but chose us as we pay more even in a division below.  It's not that we can't attract players it's the wrong players we are bringing in. The two managers contacts have proven to be completely useless in the main. Other clubs are picking up decent players from Livingston whilst we with two exe livi employees at the club miss out.  We still need legs in the middle of the park and a left sided player but we got neither in January.  The team when fully fit was still full of McKinnon signings whilst m and m s fill the bench. That frankly says it all.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

A wee time out....

I’ve been trawling through some of our early 90s teams and we all know the big names of that era but there’s some names in there who played quite a bit but seem forgotten about. I was starting to go along to games at this point but my memories are of an early nature.

I know Scott Sloan was pacy but erratic but what about Paul Smith and Gary Lennox who both seemed to play quite a bit? Mr Consistency Tommy McQueen lost his place to a young Forbes Johnston. Paul Rutherford even came bit late 91/92!

Also, Alex Taylor....he seemed to lose his place after being such a regular and never got a look-in for the run-in of 91/92.

Any thoughts?(30 years after)

27 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I’d be majorly surprised if our player recruitment which has been ongoing since Holts arrival has anything meaningful to do with the current managers. 
I’m sure this will be under Holts JD and like the new developments and the appointment which will undoubtedly be down to Holt and the BOD.

Hopefully they're currently looking at potential suitors for the managers position next season. Obviously everyone will have to apply but it's good due dilligence to have a gander at options.

42 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I’d be majorly surprised if our player recruitment which has been ongoing since Holts arrival has anything meaningful to do with the current managers. 
I’m sure this will be under Holts JD and like the new developments and the appointment which will undoubtedly be down to Holt and the BOD.

Any manager /managers worth their salt won't just simply allow a dof to sign players of any position, skill set for them to suddenly turn up at training one day .  Surely they will speak to Holt and tell him what kind of player they require. He will then find those players for them.  Any other way of doing it is fraught with problems.  They won't be picking the players but they will undoubtedly have influence on what position, type of player holt is looking for.

23 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

A wee time out....

I’ve been trawling through some of our early 90s teams and we all know the big names of that era but there’s some names in there who played quite a bit but seem forgotten about. I was starting to go along to games at this point but my memories are of an early nature.

I know Scott Sloan was pacy but erratic but what about Paul Smith and Gary Lennox who both seemed to play quite a bit? Mr Consistency Tommy McQueen lost his place to a young Forbes Johnston. Paul Rutherford even came bit late 91/92!

Also, Alex Taylor....he seemed to lose his place after being such a regular and never got a look-in for the run-in of 91/92.

Any thoughts?(30 years after)

Was never a fan of Gary Lennox I've got to say. Never seemed to add much to the side. Rutherford was a shadow of the player we had originally. Was wrecked by injuries unfortunately.  May and Paul Smith I think we're our main central mids that season. 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There's clubs in a bigger shambles than us at the moment.The part time clubs have better recruitment than us down here.  Our squads full of players that could quite easily be playing in the championship for the likes of Morton or queen's etc just like big Buchanan but chose us as we pay more even in a division below.  It's not that we can't attract players it's the wrong players we are bringing in. The two managers contacts have proven to be completely useless in the main. Other clubs are picking up decent players from Livingston whilst we with two exe livi employees at the club miss out.  We still need legs in the middle of the park and a left sided player but we got neither in January.  The team when fully fit was still full of McKinnon signings whilst m and m s fill the bench. That frankly says it all.

I hope you have a full bag of straws to clutch using Buchanan as an example, FFS he was about to drop to outside the league afore QoS came in.

You need a big bag of cash or be so out of game time at their club for them to come to the 3rd division. A possibility of good relationship between manager and player can help also but other than that it's a lottery of u20s on loan or journeymen that will come to the 3rd division.

McManus couldn't get a championship gig probably cause his record in the championship/wages , we come along with a big bag of cash and it's a done deal.

The recruitment could be better but it's not as easy as black or white and thanks for the Buchanan example, that's put a smile on my face for the day.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was never a fan of Gary Lennox I've got to say. Never seemed to add much to the side. Rutherford was a shadow of the player we had originally. Was wrecked by injuries unfortunately.  May and Paul Smith I think we're our main central mids that season. 

Taylor was a regular but lost his place, regained it and was then  barely seen for the run-in. I think May was a mixture of midfield and out wide.