The Falkirk FC Thread

Watched the highlights and this shows how more creative we were yesterday and how players we have all slagged off performed when the team is set up to attack. If the management team change this in the remaining games and we fail to win the league it has to be on them. We definitely have the players with the quality to win our remaining games but we have to attack teams. Sammon and Keena need game time together to form an understanding. 

Edited by Harry Kinnear

For the first time in a long time we actually played to Sammon's strengths. We know he can't win aerial duals (especially given the size of your average league 1 CB) - but give him a ball over the top to chase and he's surprisingly quick, defenders shit themselves and he causes all sorts of havoc. I also thought the central midfield partnership of Alston and Telfer worked really well yesterday. I like Gomis but we weren't really effected defensively by his absence and we also so much better going forward through the middle as a result. Same middle to front team next week please and hopefully the injuries to the players at the back aren't too bad 

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

They need to have a look back to when Cove never laid a glove on us at TFS for confidence. Everyone in our team can get the better of their man next week.

That was a feeble performance and it doesn't sound like they were up to much in their two matches v Thistle either. Nothing other than a positive approach will do on Saturday. None of this Raith away shitebaggery. 

Sammon has turned into a horrendous finisher (not ideal for a striker) but I think more than anything he gives us a psychological edge we lacked with keena isolated up top.

Centre backs in this league are basically pish and sammon is built like a brick shithouse, is fast, and when he gets stuck in like yesterday Centre backs must hate it. They’ll know him as a striker who’s played at a very decent level and had some really good seasons (well before us). He puts us on the front foot from the off, rather than the opposite.

I wonder if the team talk for these guys should be “go out and play a simple 4-4-2, and play the game like the opposition have killed your granny.” Our best performances have been aggressive - cove at home when imo it was clear Miller had got into them and said he really wants to beat Greasy Hartley, and yesterday, when it was obvious they’d said look we’ve basically not attacked in 5 games, let’s go for it a bit. 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Let’s hope that the managers have now learned their lesson about the set up of the team.

Alston had his best game since returning worg Telfer and him combining really well. Sammon had his best game in a Falkirk jersey. If he plays with that pace and power no one can live with him in this league. Keena clearly benefited from a partner. Morrison had a terrific game.

Hopefully Dixon’s injury is not too bad as I liked the look of the back four with two kids and two experienced players.

Fingers crossed we don’t shit in the nest at Cove and we don’t get Raith and Partick levels of cowardess in terms of set up.

I agree with all of the above here but we know Gomis or Miller (probably Gomis) is coming back into the team for next week.  No way they have the balls to play that CM pairing away to Cove IMO.

55 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Sammon has turned into a horrendous finisher (not ideal for a striker) but I think more than anything he gives us a psychological edge we lacked with keena isolated up top.

Centre backs in this league are basically pish and sammon is built like a brick shithouse, is fast, and when he gets stuck in like yesterday Centre backs must hate it. They’ll know him as a striker who’s played at a very decent level and had some really good seasons (well before us). He puts us on the front foot from the off, rather than the opposite.

I wonder if the team talk for these guys should be “go out and play a simple 4-4-2, and play the game like the opposition have killed your granny.” Our best performances have been aggressive - cove at home when imo it was clear Miller had got into them and said he really wants to beat Greasy Hartley, and yesterday, when it was obvious they’d said look we’ve basically not attacked in 5 games, let’s go for it a bit. 

We've not really attacked for 16 games never mind 5. I think yesterday was one of our best performances, if we'd played anything like that for full season then there wouldn't be so many of us calling for M&M's heads. Telfer really has turned up this season, makes a big difference when you've got a centre midfielder always wanting the ball.

Guest Peter LaFleur

I’ve got a bad feeling we will go Miller Neilson Durnan Dixon on Saturday with Hall out. Nothing against Miller really but I think Neilson is better utilised as a right back. Hopefully Dixon’s injury doesn’t keep him out of Saturday.

I'm not wanting to piss on the parade but lets remember who we were playing against yesterday, another poor part-time team who are playing far too many games at the moment. That performance really didn't give me that much comfort. If we are on the front foot against Cove and get a result I'll be pleased, but I think we'll be negative against them. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
16 minutes ago, MS RR said:

I'm not wanting to piss on the parade but lets remember who we were playing against yesterday, another poor part-time team who are playing far too many games at the moment. That performance really didn't give me that much comfort. If we are on the front foot against Cove and get a result I'll be pleased, but I think we'll be negative against them. 

I agree tbh. Massive test next Saturday.

No way will M&M go looking for a win. If we get it, then great, but the plan will be to stifle them and accept a point. It’s who M&M are, and it’s what they’ll do......a straightforward “revert to type”.

It really shouldn't matter what Partick are doing, the league is in our hands. If we focus on winning every game from now until the season end then we'll have done the job. I don't fancy us after the split so the next two are must wins for me. 

It's official Steven Pressley is nuts, he has just stated on Sky Sports news that Hearts being back in the top flight is good for Scottish football as it means the big 6  Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd will all be challenging for the title. Just shows it's not just his hairstyle that is living in the 1980's 🤪

Edited by Harry Kinnear

8 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The BBC have had Pressley on a lot recently and he doesn't half chunter some absolute shite

Marginally better than Collins and Levein but that's not saying much  

At least Levein is quite witty at times.

Collins is what everyone that played with him said - an arrogant twat.

Pressley is bonkers.

9 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The BBC have had Pressley on a lot recently and he doesn't half chunter some absolute shite

Marginally better than Collins and Levein but that's not saying much  

Collins and Levein are utter morons. Pressley is way way worse.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Collins seems like someone who wants things done properly and professionally, I’ll take that brand of arrogance.

That's the p***k that says L1 and L2 clubs shouldn't get a say in Colt teams.