The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't think they know for certain, but it'll be a few weeks.  Not imminent anyway.  

Thanks BB, they just said he was going for a scan so wasn't sure. Praying it's just the 18 games and given the SPFL were gagging on it being the 18 games I don't see them being easy to deal with in terms of rearranging any of the scottish cup games.

Would imagine our game won't go ahead on Saturday if the Scottish Cup postponement chat is applied consistently. Would think it'll be the Sunday, or we're looking at Tuesday/Thursday to get the 18 games in before the deadline.
Decent chance the league will only be 18 games which would be yet another gift for us this season.

You do realise that if we lose by three on Saturday (far from impossible) we are off the top of the table?....

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You do realise that if we lose by three on Saturday (far from impossible) we are off the top of the table?....

If we lose Saturday then 18 or 22 I doubt we'll win the league.  18 maybe our best chance of coming second.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Would imagine our game won't go ahead on Saturday if the Scottish Cup postponement chat is applied consistently. Would think it'll be the Sunday, or we're looking at Tuesday/Thursday to get the 18 games in before the deadline.

Decent chance the league will only be 18 games which would be yet another gift for us this season.

What do we need to happen for it to be 18 games? 

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Someone in the league to have played less than 18 games by April 23rd.

I see. I’ve not paid much attention to to this I just expected 22 games. 

To be fair it's looking like being the 22 games as only Partick and Clyde have an extra game left to play and that's against each other on Tuesday then both will have their 18th game played by next Tuesday the 20th of April within the deadline of the 23rd. 

If we lose Saturday then 18 or 22 I doubt we'll win the league.  18 maybe our best chance of coming second.

I get that we are inconsistent, but then again so is everyone else. Arguably others even more so.
I’m not sure we would be worse off, unless we get a result on Saturday of course....
Edit, Actually, in saying that....
IMG_0182.thumb.jpg.3daec81eaf94f769a8655ef567bb2a95.jpg
It should be pointed out that Cove got an extra 2 points today with a ‘goal’ that never crossed the line though...

6 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Hall isn’t great but Neilson demonstrated today he is more than capable in there. 

Overall much improved performance. Out of 10
Mutch 6 bit dodgy but good save at the death. 
Neilson 9 - Different class future Scotland player

Hall 4 points for hitting the target otherwise not convincing 

Durnan 6 thought he was good today his strength is  invaluable

Dixon 6 solid 

Telfer 8 - great work rate 

Alston 7 better 

Fotheringham -4 poor didn’t create much 

Morrison 7 overdoes it at times but always a danger 

Sammon 9 best game for us deserved to be on the score sheet

Keena -5  poor until he got his goal 

subs - stand out was leitch  6 who showed he does have something to offer. 

Mostly agree with this. I thought keena done better than a 5 tbf, he took a few long balls in and help it stick up top. 

Let’s hope that the managers have now learned their lesson about the set up of the team.

Alston had his best game since returning worg Telfer and him combining really well. Sammon had his best game in a Falkirk jersey. If he plays with that pace and power no one can live with him in this league. Keena clearly benefited from a partner. Morrison had a terrific game.

Hopefully Dixon’s injury is not too bad as I liked the look of the back four with two kids and two experienced players.

Fingers crossed we don’t shit in the nest at Cove and we don’t get Raith and Partick levels of cowardess in terms of set up.

Morrison had everything except from the right final ball yesterday. Countless times his crosses never found anyone and there was one at the end he should have cut it back to Leitch instead of trying to find Francis. Leitch probably would have blew the chance but the point remains Morrison needs to be calmer in those situations, pick a man instead of head down and rattle it in the box. Sammon showed everything we've been asking from him from day dot, use your presence and pace to make yourself a nuisance. He just can't finish at all but that's why he's in the third division of Scottish football.

Mccracken said in his post match interview we need to get at Cove next week so lets hope he practices what he preaches. 4-4-2 and straight at them from the start.

I think yesterday showed that there's no real need for one sitting midfielder for the majority of games  in this league never mind the two they were playing not that long ago.  The only position that is still a weakness is left wing until Connolly comes back.  Sammon hopefully will improve his finishing a bit with more game time. He's hardly kicked a ball in months some will say years.🙈

Guest Peter LaFleur

Big up Charles Telfer. He rightly took pelters from the fans last season but what a turnaround. You could always see he was technically a good player but his work rate and desire is through the roof right now. Firing into challenges and dictating play in the middle.
He’s went from somebody I wanted punted for League 1 to somebody I’d hope we’d keep for the championship (if we get there!). He’s up there with Morrison and Dixon as our best performers this season, imo.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Guest Ecosse83

Got as far as McCracken saying we have e been playing 3 up top recently and changed to the 2 against Clyde 🤔

I’m m fully expecting a shit the bed against Cove and back to packing the midfield! 

Played well yesterday and got a good result and performances from many. You also live and learn if you listen to the manager we’ve apparently being playing three upfront recently, two wide and one through the middle ?  If that is playing three upfront I must be wrong. I seen it as one upfront (Keena isolated ) Morrison wide right, but seldom getting into the box or playing worthwhile balls in. Leitch, Wide Left ? Yer kidding

Nelson breaking forward helped Morrison greatly as he received more decent passes yesterday that he has in weeks. That lad must keep his place.

All out to win next Saturday, and try and open a six point gap over Cove. Big games for Partick this week too, by Thursday they could be only a point behind.

Going to be tight and interesting these next six games.

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Can’t remember how many times I’ve posted about getting at teams from the off, and playing two up front. Agree with the last few posts, with regards to Sammon Telfer and Morrison. 
Alston yesterday was the player I remember, not the crap he’s served us so far, he and Gomis strolled it. Looks like 22 games and big pants now. Apart from maybe an injury, this must be the first eleven on each team sheet. Mate said last night he can see Sammon as the player who could make the difference in getting the league won............answers on a post card......

I agree on Sammon. He gets stick but if you get him running into spaces that’s his strength. 

The likes of next week I hope we just tweak the starting line up with maybe Gomes coming in and Alston on the right and Morrison on the left. Somehow I can see the formation being changed to get Gomis into the team though!