The Falkirk FC Thread

14 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m hearing the guys raising the funds for the Crunchie initiative to re-name the south stand have been struggling to deal with the BOD in getting things moving now the the bulk of the funds have been raised, the club are being very obstructive and are now demanding the funds raised are to be handed over to the club directly and they will directly deal with putting up the signage and arranging an opening game against Hibs themselves. All sounds far to familiar! ....we want your money but don’t dare ask for a say in how we spend/waste it!.....BtB had the exact same issues with the previous board after getting the cash in place for the fans takeover at the time which unfortunately never came to fruition after the club reneged. I’m actually starting to worry that despite new faces in the board room and a new owner in reality nothing has changed. Same people involved behind the scenes treating the fans with utter disregard. This should have been a PR gift for the club, money is fully raised by the fans and all they asked for in return was to have fan involvement in the actual design and look of the new signage to be placed above the bar entrance, on the front of the south stand and also something in the south stand bar with Crunchies name on it. Unbelievably one board member demanded if they wanted to use space in the south stand bar the initiative would have to pay for the advertising space!!!  Absolutely unbelievable 

A game against Hibs. 🤣😂😂

Fcuk me, that's straight out the same thought process as getting Dundee to Christen the stadium came from!

A chance to cement a friendship with a European club, develop a partnership & enthuse the fans by inviting Ceske Budejovice for the Stadium opening & they got Dundee.

Here a chance to invite a team up from Chelsea, capture the fans imagination & tie it in with the high point in his career & they talk of Hibs.

These are games folk want to remember & talk about for years to come. The Ajax game being a prime example & they manage to fcuk it up on a mahoosive scale.

A visit to the stadium today by a friend.......”For All Matters Relating To FFC, Please Go To The Shop”........friend walks to shop. Sign on the door.........”Shop Is Closed. Seasons Greetings”.

New Board? I suppose that’s true. The cynic in me didn’t expect it to be a decent board....just one that’s less bad than the old board. Even that it seems is a bridge too far.

3 hours ago, Craig1876 said:

Tell them to shove it where the sun don’t shine, approach Morrison’s at Brockville where he used to grace the hallowed turf and fire a statue at where the Hope Street End used to be or thereabouts.  Has always been the same and won’t change, they have a serious habit of making simple things extremely difficult. It’s all about control and power. 

My sentiment exactly.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's league one so they won't know anything other than the results. To me cove has much harder games and only ended up 2 points less than us.  Not sure what's worse this pair of clowns or Hartley winning it mind you.

Player of the season.....who scored most goals, yep he will do is how they roll.

Will manager of the month curse hurt us 😂

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Nah Houston's record was much poorer. Holt brought in the likes of Rory loy, big cracks  and Peter grant. All excellent signings.. Big beck was okay when he got going and Mark Millar had probably his best spell at the club under Holt when he came back on loan. His main mistake was not emptying his budget in the January window .There was a couple of duffers but he  got more right than wrong whilst Houston was definitely the opposite.

On  Housty I disagree he got a lot right. Playoffs against clubs with massive budgets, cup final. thrilling games and a team spirit and never say die attitude we could badly do with now. Ok it ended badly but rightly should be remembered for what he got right and a great player and servant of the club. If he game back to a game I for one would be on my feet applauding him.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

On  Housty I disagree he got a lot right. Playoffs against clubs with massive budgets, cup final. thrilling games and a team spirit and never say die attitude we could badly do with now. Ok it ended badly but rightly should be remembered for what he got right and a great player and servant of the club. If he game back to a game I for one would be on my feet applauding him.

We're talking only about transfers here nothing else. His record in the transfer market was appalling and was the reason why we got poorer year on year.  Tactically he was decent and his achievements with other managers players were excellent. His big mistake for me was telling all and sundry he was retiring at the end of the season.  We should either have shaken his hand then and moved him on or git someone in to work beside him with a view to taking the job at the end of the season.  Once the players knew he was for the off you weren't going to get much commitment from them and that proved to be the case. Was a mistake which cost him in the end.

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

A game against Hibs. 🤣😂😂

Fcuk me, that's straight out the same thought process as getting Dundee to Christen the stadium came from!

A chance to cement a friendship with a European club, develop a partnership & enthuse the fans by inviting Ceske Budejovice for the Stadium opening & they got Dundee.

Here a chance to invite a team up from Chelsea, capture the fans imagination & tie it in with the high point in his career & they talk of Hibs.

These are games folk want to remember & talk about for years to come. The Ajax game being a prime example & they manage to fcuk it up on a mahoosive scale.

I don't necessarily disagree with you that Chelsea or something would be more attractive, but this is a small group of fans who have come up with this themselves, raised a five figure sum and put in a good amount of time off their own bat with zero involvement from the club. They've come up with the branding, fundraising ideas and have come up with a way to try and give it a proper opening/unveiling. Very unfair to knock them for an unimaginative choice of opponent which would be a tiny thing rather than looking at the 99.99% of things they've done well.

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

A game against Hibs. 🤣😂😂

I’m involved with the initiative. Won’t comment on other things with the campaign but just so you know, Hibs was put forward by us. Hibs played in his testimonial and brought through a decent support. A game vs Chelsea would certainly add glamour but might just be a reserve/U19 team particularly with the Euros being on.

Ultimately though it’s not about the club making partnerships it’s about honouring Kevin. Their manager is a Falkirk man and Kevin is held in high regard  by Hibs fans whereas a lot of the Chelsea support will know much less about him. Would rather folk turn up to honour Crunchie than be enticed by the opposition. 

Don’t get me wrong a full strength Chelsea team would be great but we made the choice to try Hibs based on the various factors. Had some good battles with Hibs in recent years too. A fallback could always be Camelon Juniors. Again it’s about making a day of it for fans to celebrate Crunchie than something for the club, who will equally benefit either way.

Anyway just wanted explain the thought process but I do get your point.

Interesting to see since the restart we've actually gained 1 point on Cove, Partick and Airdrie and 2 on Montrose across the 4 matches so far

Only Clyde and East Fife have taken 1 point more, but they've both played 2 games more

I know we should be doing better but I think it highlights that everyone is struggling for consistency atm 

51 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Interesting to see since the restart we've actually gained 1 point on Cove, Partick and Airdrie and 2 on Montrose across the 4 matches so far

Only Clyde and East Fife have taken 1 point more, but they've both played 2 games more

I know we should be doing better but I think it highlights that everyone is struggling for consistency atm 

I think it highlights the atrocious standard of this league.

I've not just listened to Lee Miller say we did a lot of things right against Airdrie? Surely not. We were absolutely shocking for 75 mins of the game. We had a 15 minute spell at the end of the first half where we were decent. 

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I've not just listened to Lee Miller say we did a lot of things right against Airdrie? Surely not. We were absolutely shocking for 75 mins of the game. We had a 15 minute spell at the end of the first half where we were decent. 

Yep, these interviews are beyond parody.

A complete waste of time.

The interviewer doesn’t even ask about injuries!

Someone mentioned on the Clyde match thread that whoever gets the first goal in our games usually wins, which got me thinking.

Our last “come from behind” win in the league was v Ross country in May 2019. What a truly fucking depressing gang we have been for a full 2 years 

I think it’s a stat that proves when the going gets tough for this lot of players they just don’t fancy it.

Edited by bairn88

41 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Someone mentioned on the Clyde match thread that whoever gets the first goal in our games usually wins, which got me thinking.

Our last “come from behind” win in the league was v Ross country in May 2019. What a truly fucking depressing gang we have been for a full 2 years 

I think it’s a stat that proves when the going gets tough for this lot of players they just don’t fancy it.

Not sure it is actually, we came from behind to beat Montrose at home towards the start of last season I think, Sammon scored both so a surreal day all round really.

The Ross County game you mention was the last time we beat a full-time I think, which is equally as frightening. 

Doesn't take away from your point about us being a complete and utter gang right enough. If anything, I'd say that's a generous description.

It is also the last time we beat a full time team.