The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, kiddy said:

A game against Hibs. 🤣😂😂

Fcuk me, that's straight out the same thought process as getting Dundee to Christen the stadium came from!

A chance to cement a friendship with a European club, develop a partnership & enthuse the fans by inviting Ceske Budejovice for the Stadium opening & they got Dundee.

Here a chance to invite a team up from Chelsea, capture the fans imagination & tie it in with the high point in his career & they talk of Hibs.

These are games folk want to remember & talk about for years to come. The Ajax game being a prime example & they manage to fcuk it up on a mahoosive scale.

f**k off with that patter ya welt. Some amount of wanks in our support honest tae f**k. 

9 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Firmly in the “tell them to piss off” camp if the stories about them playing funny buggers about the Crunchie campaign are true.

Honestly,  it never ends with this mob.

I'm firmly in that camp too.

There's not a single member of that board I would trust as far as I could throw them.  The history of Falkirk FC is one where the people that do their best to support the club get continually shafted.  It seems like this is no different.

It's a real dilemma because while wanting the best for the club.... There has to come a point where a stand is taken.  Whether that means looking at withholding some level of support, who knows. 

Rip it up and start again.

I'm firmly in that camp too.
There's not a single member of that board I would trust as far as I could throw them.  The history of Falkirk FC is one where the people that do their best to support the club get continually shafted.  It seems like this is no different.
It's a real dilemma because while wanting the best for the club.... There has to come a point where a stand is taken.  Whether that means looking at withholding some level of support, who knows. 
Rip it up and start again.

There are too many fans conflicted like this now. People only now PATG, people not going to home games, people only going to go away, regular smaller sponsors pulled out etc etc etc

All as a result of lack of trust, poor stewardship and horrific entertainment.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

Not sure it is actually, we came from behind to beat Montrose at home towards the start of last season I think, Sammon scored both so a surreal day all round really.

The Ross County game you mention was the last time we beat a full-time I think, which is equally as frightening. 

Doesn't take away from your point about us being a complete and utter gang right enough. If anything, I'd say that's a generous description.

Oh aye, well remembered. Thought we went 1-0 up in that game 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

PJ Morrison any good?

We’ve just taken him on loan.

I'd personally say hard to tell with the league we are in and the fact we were doing better in the period he came in where we had an actual formation. He had a good few decent saves but would've been more telling now how he was.

He seemed decent enough tho 

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

PJ Morrison any good?

You’ll be in a shock here with Falkirk fans giving positive feedback over a player we’ve had over the past 3 seasons. He didn’t really put a foot wrong for us, distribution was good and he saved a penalty into the mix. As with any young goalkeeper he has a few mistakes in him but he looks to have a bright future. Our number one is our only asset worth selling so he was brought back into the side after PJ let a few in against Rangers.

As others have mentioned, in this league he maybe wasn’t tested for us as much as he will with you so will be interesting to see how he gets on. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

PJ Morrison any good?

Yep. Liked him, on current form Mutch looks a bit shaky as do all our players, The fact that we never signed a back up when he went back to Motherwell and instead rolled with the untested Cantley who was with us when pj was here says it all about our management team.

Guest Ecosse83

Looking forward to the game today, ever the optimist I think we will see changes in the team. They will go 442 and we will see some semblance of a style of play and tactics and Keena will score if he gets a partner beside him! 

Anyone want some of what I’m on? 😂

Guest Peter LaFleur
23 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Looking forward to the game today, ever the optimist I think we will see changes in the team. They will go 442 and we will see some semblance of a style of play and tactics and Keena will score if he gets a partner beside him! 

Anyone want some of what I’m on? 😂

I’ve got a bad feeling that they’re going to go for something absolutely fucking bizarre today and we will scrape a win due to Clyde being dead on their feet after play 300 games in 2 weeks. 3-3-4 formation with all of our favourites like Sammon, Leitch, Hall and Francis starting. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Anyone with half a brain will know Clyde will set up to stop us playing with the formation that we have been playing. So change it and throw them a curve ball. Que 1 up front

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Anyone with half a brain will know Clyde will set up to stop us playing with the formation that we have been playing. So change it and throw them a curve ball. Que 1 up front

The only thing I will say is if they do change it then it means we'd need to start Sammon upfront as I'm guessing Dowds is still out.

The only thing I will say is if they do change it then it means we'd need to start Sammon upfront as I'm guessing Dowds is still out.
Keena for me is still the guy with goals in him so anyone starting beside him, their job is just to do the work that allows Keena to stay up top.

I don't know why I started that post off like Sammon is somehow capable of managing this relatively simple task......

Suppose the point is, even if Keena can be an effective lone striker, we would still hoof the ball to him over the midfield, and the midfield would still cagily hang 30 yards off him and watch as the ball comes back at us every time.

So just simplify the whole thing. 2 up front, tell the wingers to stay wide and tell Neilson or Mercer they need to overlap Morrison as much as possible to try and free him off of double marking.

If you have better players than the opposition, then doing simple things well will generally be enough. We have managers who don't know anything like enough about tactics trying to implement clever plans that aren't working.