The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

INterview with Rawlins on FTV, just in the process of listening to it just now, just hoping he has plans on emptying the current incumbents:

I felt underwhelmed, don't know why, but I did.

Fits in well with how we are just now.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

I felt underwhelmed, don't know why, but I did.
Fits in well with how we are just now.

I am sick of people running the club telling fans what they think they want to hear.

Just put a team on the pitch worthy of the badge and then come on and bum about it.

18 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It seems pretty clear that M&M have been 100% reliant on having better players than anyone else, and those “better players” would be enough to win the league.....they would be enough to compensate for the lack of focus, lack of team ethic, lack of organisation and lack of tactical know how. I suppose it could be argued that it has worked. Thing is, the key bit is “it has worked” is very different from “it is working”.

Back to the earlier defeat to Airdrie, I said at the time that it didn’t feel like “bad day at the office, and we move on”. Being so close to the players (one of the boys), I don’t think either of them command player respect. FFC is a place where no-one is really accountable for anything.....it’s the game’s rule makers that have shafted us, it’s Aidrie’s fault for not playing in a manner that lets us win.....it’s always someone else’s fault.

FFC have never apologised for anything since the days of the tent renter. Why should they when it’s always someone else’s fault? Whatever the “culture” is at FFC, it’s undemanding, and it’s garbage, and it shows no sign of changing.

Aka Rayball!

Rest of your post is the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. Martin Ritchie will assume everything is fine and dandy on the football front and noone requires firing as he hasn't heard any booing in a while.

That pesky football front that gets in the way of all that other stuff the club does so brilliantly...

9 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

To give him one bit of credit at least Craig Campbell admitted when he arrived that he didn't have a clue how to run a football club them proceeded to show us exactly what he meant.

Who appointed him......who?........oh....of course.

Part of me wonders if some time around 2010 FFC quietly transitioned from a football club to an avant garde theatre troupe and have been in fact performing a long form satirical piece on the theme hopes and expectations for the last 10 years. I'm starting to believe it's the only possible explanation 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
Dumbarton doing us another favour tonight. Quite incredible the number of results that have gone in our favour and yet these two clowns are still making a complete arse of it.

Clyde three up. So suggestions of them being out on their feet looking unfounded so far....

Edited by roman_bairn

I’m hearing the guys raising the funds for the Crunchie initiative to re-name the south stand have been struggling to deal with the BOD in getting things moving now the the bulk of the funds have been raised, the club are being very obstructive and are now demanding the funds raised are to be handed over to the club directly and they will directly deal with putting up the signage and arranging an opening game against Hibs themselves. All sounds far to familiar! ....we want your money but don’t dare ask for a say in how we spend/waste it!.....BtB had the exact same issues with the previous board after getting the cash in place for the fans takeover at the time which unfortunately never came to fruition after the club reneged. I’m actually starting to worry that despite new faces in the board room and a new owner in reality nothing has changed. Same people involved behind the scenes treating the fans with utter disregard. This should have been a PR gift for the club, money is fully raised by the fans and all they asked for in return was to have fan involvement in the actual design and look of the new signage to be placed above the bar entrance, on the front of the south stand and also something in the south stand bar with Crunchies name on it. Unbelievably one board member demanded if they wanted to use space in the south stand bar the initiative would have to pay for the advertising space!!!  Absolutely unbelievable 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

I’m hearing the guys raising the funds for the Crunchie initiative to re-name the south stand have been struggling to deal with the BOD in getting things moving now the the bulk of the funds have been raised, the club are being very obstructive and are now demanding the funds raised are to be handed over to the club directly and they will directly deal with putting up the signage and arranging an opening game against Hibs themselves. All sounds far to familiar! ....we want your money but don’t dare ask for a say in how we spend/waste it!.....BtB had the exact same issues with the previous board after getting the cash in place for the fans takeover at the time which unfortunately never came to fruition after the club reneged. I’m actually starting to worry that despite new faces in the board room and a new owner in reality nothing has changed. Same people involved behind the scenes treating the fans with utter disregard. This should have been a PR gift for the club, money is fully raised by the fans and all they asked for in return was to have fan involvement in the actual design and look of the new signage to be placed above the bar entrance, on the front of the south stand and also something in the south stand bar with Crunchies name on it. Unbelievably one board member demanded if they wanted to use space in the south stand bar the initiative would have to pay for the advertising space!!!  Absolutely unbelievable 
I heard KK has been a right dick about the whole thing from the start.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Decent interview and happy with what they have planned. It’s what they didn’t say is probably more important. He thanked everyone apart from the managers, for me I’m guessing their fate  is sealed...

I certainly hope their fate is sealed, but that’s not the impression Carrie gave me from the interview. On more than one occasion she repeated how well the team had done this season, to be top of the league, playing well, giving everything, great fitness, bla bla bla. Phil was in agreement. Towards the end, she then thanked Gary, Lee and David for their good work. 

They seem like a thoroughly decent couple and I’m willing to give them both a chance. I almost feel like they are our last hope because Ritchie and the shoe seller are taking us nowhere. Phil certainly has proven experience from his time at Stoke and Orlando City, but where they lost me completely was the aforementioned pish about how well the players and managers are doing. Don’t treat us like fools. Don’t try to dress up a terrible run of performances and results, that’s just an insult. Either say nothing, or simply be honest and state that whilst results of late have been disappointing, they are hoping the team push on over the next few games and achieve our aim of winning the league. They’d earn a lot more respect if they did that.

On 23/02/2021 at 04:38, Bantabairn said:

The stadium needs to be completed, not fussed if it’s a fourth stand or terracing. Once we get back to the big league we’ll need it for the additional ST sales.....

Eh what additional tickets ? - we’ve never had 5000 season tickets sold before and we have a main stand with a capacity greater than that alone . The away fans other than the bigot bros will comfortably occupy the north ! 

13 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hed certainly get us over the line. I'd just want to make sure that he had absolutely no influence on signings whatsoever apart from telling Holt what position he needs.

Holts signing record is as bad as houstons

Decent interview and happy with what they have planned. It’s what they didn’t say is probably more important. He thanked everyone apart from the managers, for me I’m guessing their fate  is sealed...

It is Deans esq stuff. Saying lots, promising jam tomorrow and committing to nothing.

The timing is extremely cynical too. It was recorded before Tuesday’s farce and maybe even Saturday (he mentions 4 point lead). So why has it taken nearly a week to publish it? Deflection as usual.

This guy may well be the white knight but a lot of fans are sick of being talked at whilst Rome burns around us. Just stop talking and sort things out.

Anyone saying they have been impressed with anything football related this season needs to stop kidding themselves on. That is not what I want to hear.

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Holts signing record is as bad as houstons

Nah Houston's record was much poorer. Holt brought in the likes of Rory loy, big cracks  and Peter grant. All excellent signings.. Big beck was okay when he got going and Mark Millar had probably his best spell at the club under Holt when he came back on loan. His main mistake was not emptying his budget in the January window .There was a couple of duffers but he  got more right than wrong whilst Houston was definitely the opposite.

Edited by Shadwell Dog