The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Heard he is absolutely hands on

Very hands on I was told. Pretty grim all round!

Guest Peter LaFleur

I’m not convinced Holts going to be this massive league winning saviour people are thinking he may be. He wasn’t great with us previously and his success with Livingstone appears to be down to Martindale. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

13 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

If they had anything about them they’d tell him to piss off so they can at least fail doing it their own way.

Would not be the cleverest of moves. He's effectively their boss. They are in no position to be refusing help from anyone.

If this 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 is Holt's influence in effect then I'd rather he were gone too.

There's nothing wrong with the formation if you've the players for it. The number 9 especially needs to be a hard working all rounder, good in the air, holding the ball up/laying it off, and bringing the 3 attacking mids into the game. A young Lee Miller type if you will. Keena isn't this type of striker imo, he's more of a Bob McHugh poacher type that will get goals if given decent service.

It also requires a reliable central defensive pairing that stops the midfield having to sit so deep and thereby nullifying any attacking threat from there.

On Holt, he maybe a better option in the dugout for the run-in, but I've never been particularly convinced by him in that role, never mind as DoF though he might get a tune out of these players for the next 3 (or 7) games. Personally I'd give it Houstie til the end of the season if he was available or up for it.

It bends my mind that as a club FFC have a habit of offering key roles to people that haven't applied for/don't feel ready for/don't even want. It's fucking awful and amateurish leadership and I'm astonished the individuals involved have been a success in any other walk of life.

Though that itself maybe the problem: 'I can sell shoes' = 'i don't need anyone telling ME how to run a football club' for example

I'm not convinced re Holt, but even if I think he is a less than average football manager, I can buy him as a manager, which is more than can be said for the incumbents.

I don't think Holt sends us out there looking so ridiculously unorganised and rudderless

With the split after game 18, am I correct in understanding that only the top five can compete for the automatic spot and three playoff spots? I can’t believe they would decide otherwise, but it is the SPFL. Also, does anyone know of the PPG calculation, if necessary, is total or split home and away.

Where you hear that from? You've had it in for Holt since he came back because he got a Killie tattoo on his leg,, has Holt put that team out last few weeks? And then Francis at right back and co-manager on, running about like headless chicken last 10 mins? Love to know your contacts seen as your in " The Know"

Where you hear that from? You've had it in for Holt since he came back because he got a Killie tattoo on his leg,, has Holt put that team out last few weeks? And then Francis at right back and co-manager on, running about like headless chicken last 10 mins? Love to know your contacts seen as your in " The Know"

I don’t want any three of them anywhere near the place. Waste of cash. Others saying the same as me. Mr Dust was the first if you look back

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If McCracken had have been a bit more streetwise about when to play football and when to shithouse it, we would probably all have Scottish Cup 2015 winner tattoos

I had a major scunner  about the football going on and then you mention this!

Double dose of Prozac tonight.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can't see that happening.  If I was Holt I'd be steering well clear of them two and only getting involved if asked for advice.  No semi competent manager with a bit of experience is going to put out those sides as they have been over the past few weeks.

Holt isn’t even on a wage  - expenses only deal! -  buttons im led to believe - so basically he’s there waiting to step in once the current two fail and he’ll take the salary. Personally I don’t think Holt has much to offer but at least having only one manager makes sense .( who was the Fanny who appointed two managers in the first place )  From an operational perspective the club is in free fall disaster from the MSG down and has been for 10 years . I actually wonder if Houston Hartley McKinnon et all were actually that bad and that the real problem actually isn’t with  those who call the shots. I fear for us winning this league now as we have lost the momentum ( the one thing DM tells us every week is so critical . ) 

Edited by Stainrod

It seems pretty clear that M&M have been 100% reliant on having better players than anyone else, and those “better players” would be enough to win the league.....they would be enough to compensate for the lack of focus, lack of team ethic, lack of organisation and lack of tactical know how. I suppose it could be argued that it has worked. Thing is, the key bit is “it has worked” is very different from “it is working”.

Back to the earlier defeat to Airdrie, I said at the time that it didn’t feel like “bad day at the office, and we move on”. Being so close to the players (one of the boys), I don’t think either of them command player respect. FFC is a place where no-one is really accountable for anything.....it’s the game’s rule makers that have shafted us, it’s Aidrie’s fault for not playing in a manner that lets us win.....it’s always someone else’s fault.

FFC have never apologised for anything since the days of the tent renter. Why should they when it’s always someone else’s fault? Whatever the “culture” is at FFC, it’s undemanding, and it’s garbage, and it shows no sign of changing.

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It seems pretty clear that M&M have been 100% reliant on having better players than anyone else, and those “better players” would be enough to win the league.....they would be enough to compensate for the lack of focus, lack of team ethic, lack of organisation and lack of tactical know how. I suppose it could be argued that it has worked. Thing is, the key bit is “it has worked” is very different from “it is working”.

Back to the earlier defeat to Airdrie, I said at the time that it didn’t feel like “bad day at the office, and we move on”. Being so close to the players (one of the boys), I don’t think either of them command player respect. FFC is a place where no-one is really accountable for anything.....it’s the game’s rule makers that have shafted us, it’s Aidrie’s fault for not playing in a manner that lets us win.....it’s always someone else’s fault.

FFC have never apologised for anything since the days of the tent renter. Why should they when it’s always someone else’s fault? Whatever the “culture” is at FFC, it’s undemanding, and it’s garbage, and it shows no sign of changing.

It's the tell tale sign of a shit manager(s).  Just sticking 11 players on the park who, in isolation, are better than their opposite number.  But haven't a clue about tactics or formation or how to play as a unit.

Neil Lennon is a great example of that too.

11 hours ago, steveffc said:
13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just to confirm, Holt didn’t get that tattoo  on his leg before his most recent return. He has had it since 1997.

We beat Falkirk in the final, it was a great day.

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think they've been more reliant on the other sides taking a bit of time to get going and find us out. I'm not sure many of our players are any better than those at cove or East Fife etc. Would Sammon Leitch or Francis get a game anywhere else in this league? Hall is another one I doubt anyone else would be fighting for.  Goodwillie and megginson are far better than anything we have up front.  Telfer, Morrison, gomis and Connolly are the only players I'd wouldnt want to lose. 

13 hours ago, Senator Frimpton said:

If this 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 is Holt's influence in effect then I'd rather he were gone too.

There's nothing wrong with the formation if you've the players for it. The number 9 especially needs to be a hard working all rounder, good in the air, holding the ball up/laying it off, and bringing the 3 attacking mids into the game. A young Lee Miller type if you will. Keena isn't this type of striker imo, he's more of a Bob McHugh poacher type that will get goals if given decent service.

It also requires a reliable central defensive pairing that stops the midfield having to sit so deep and thereby nullifying any attacking threat from there.

On Holt, he maybe a better option in the dugout for the run-in, but I've never been particularly convinced by him in that role, never mind as DoF though he might get a tune out of these players for the next 3 (or 7) games. Personally I'd give it Houstie til the end of the season if he was available or up for it.

It bends my mind that as a club FFC have a habit of offering key roles to people that haven't applied for/don't feel ready for/don't even want. It's fucking awful and amateurish leadership and I'm astonished the individuals involved have been a success in any other walk of life.

Though that itself maybe the problem: 'I can sell shoes' = 'i don't need anyone telling ME how to run a football club' for example

To give him one bit of credit at least Craig Campbell admitted when he arrived that he didn't have a clue how to run a football club them proceeded to show us exactly what he meant.

Who appointed him......who?........oh....of course.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

It's the tell tale sign of a shit manager(s).  Just sticking 11 players on the park who, in isolation, are better than their opposite number.  But haven't a clue about tactics or formation or how to play as a unit.

Neil Lennon is a great example of that too.

And Solskjaer at Man U.

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think they've been more reliant on the other sides taking a bit of time to get going and find us out. I'm not sure many of our players are any better than those at cove or East Fife etc. Would Sammon Leitch or Francis get a game anywhere else in this league? Hall is another one I doubt anyone else would be fighting for.  Goodwillie and megginson are far better than anything we have up front.  Telfer, Morrison, gomis and Connolly are the only players I'd wouldnt want to lose. 

Personally I think a decent manager would have the league won by now. I’d give all the players a clean slate under a new boss and see what they can do then! 

Even Morrison has went off the boil. None of them are being coached properly which is why they should be sticking to 442 it’s what most players will know best.

Edited by Ecosse83

A decent manager would have us a minimum of 10 points clear at this point considering our squad.

That is based purely on the home games against Forfar, Dumbarton & Airdrie as well, never mind some of the away performances.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876