The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Patience 

That's more like the in the know information we want to see. You said on here the other day anything other than a win against Airdrie would see them gone. Which is obviously why they desperately tried to change the game last night. Let's hope that's the case.

Here is my cunning plan...

Get the Rawlins to open their wallet then buy St Johnstone, move them to the Bairnabeau, change their name to something appropriate (Falkirk F.C for example) and invite the BoD of the Saintees (awful name) to come down the A9 and oversee the undoubted success of the New Bairns.

Happens frequently in US sport.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

Had a quick look on social media and both the managers appear to be out with family today, can’t see them being binned today but lack of post match interviews is usually a sign something is happening behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Had a quick look on social media and both the managers appear to be out with family today, can’t see them being binned today but lack of post match interviews is usually a sign something is happening behind the scenes.

Could be trying to cheer themselves up having been sacked early this morning or last night. Don't try ruin the mood here Gav christ.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

The last three boards were frauds, the last four managers were frauds, the last four squads were frauds... Everybody that steps foot in this football club ends up being "not up for the job", so I wonder if it's the individual people or the club itself.

I can't remember a time without moaning at Falkirk and the mood around the club has been depressing for more than a decade. Meet at the pub, moan about last week, laugh about how we'll get beat on the day, back to the pub after the game and moan again. What a day out.

That's not entirely true, but Falkirk certainly have a habit of being run very poorly. People love to shit on George Craig but he oversaw one of the most successful periods for Falkirk and he was genuinely a fan. You can complain about Craig all you want, but however bad you think he and that board were it still doesn't compare to how incredibly incompetent our current board is. 

To some up how stupid the board think the fans are you just have to look at the Lang situation. She stepped away from her initial role in an attempt to con the fans into thinking she had no part to play with the club, even though she actually remained a member of the board. 

Just now, MS RR said:

That's not entirely true, but Falkirk certainly have a habit of being run very poorly. People love to shit on George Craig but he oversaw one of the most successful periods for Falkirk and he was genuinely a fan. You can complain about Craig all you want, but however bad you think he and that board were it still doesn't compare to how incredibly incompetent our current board is. 

To some up how stupid the board think the fans are you just have to look at the Lang situation. She stepped away from her initial role in an attempt to con the fans into thinking she had no part to play with the club, even though she actually remained a member of the board. 

Stopped reading at this point. 

George Craig was an ego driven tent merchant.

2 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Taking a revisionist view of the strange character that was George Craig is in no way relevant to the current clowns running the club.

Margaret Lang should get a lifetime ban from the stadium.

2 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Craig nearly put the club out the game totally with his hiding the tax request  statements behind the sideboard stunt. His Eddie may  grand plan started the rot. For a fan he's done as much as anyone to feck the club up.

Oh ya fucker. A post defending George Craig. It was that fucking charlatan that started the rot for us and his complete incompetence and mismanagement.

What’s next is some c**t going to come along and defend that odious little p***k Lex Miller?

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

You said 'there's always one more game' which suggests that there will, err, always be one more game.

My point is, last night should be their final game. There shouldn’t be another chance, or another game to right the wrongs, as you suggested. No more ultimatums. No more must win games. Just go now.

17 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Here is my cunning plan...

Get the Rawlins to open their wallet then buy St Johnstone, move them to the Bairnabeau, change their name to something appropriate (Falkirk F.C for example) and invite the BoD of the Saintees (awful name) to come down the A9 and oversee the undoubted success of the New Bairns.

Happens frequently in US sport.

Could probably do the same with Inverness - purely to get a hold of their superstars Todorov and Welsh. I head one of them scored 2 (TWO) against Morton.

There is no more room for error now. I am unsure whether the split would be a good thing or not as previously I wanted just to play up until 18 games but it now looks like we may need the extra 4 games to have any chance of winning this. We must take 7 points from 9 if we have any hope of winning this. Will we take the 7/9 ? Not a hope in hell considering we’ve taken 8/21. A change is needed and as others have said you probably aren’t getting someone in until the end of the season so it will need to be Holt. The thought of being in this league next year with the potential of Morton, QP, Partick and Airdrie etc gives me the fear. 

44 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Referring to himself continuously in the third person should have been a sacking offence, but then so many things that were sacking offences for a number of people at the club, including players, went unnoticed

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

My point is, last night should be their final game. There shouldn’t be another chance, or another game to right the wrongs, as you suggested. No more ultimatums. No more must win games. Just go now.

I don't disagree however, on the assumption that last night was not their final game I would have hoped that the BOD would give them the ultimatum V Clyde.

13 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Referring to himself continuously in the third person should have been a sacking offence, but then so many things that were sacking offences for a number of people at the club, including players, went unnoticed

Indeed and people were sacked wrongly under Craig’s reign too. Two tribunals I can think of. He’s a charlatan.