The Falkirk FC Thread

Have we ever thrived as a club....since the ruddy late 1940s if you look at our season by season record?!

Plenty of middle-table mediocrity in the 1950s and 60s. Lots of doledrums in the 70s and 80s. Lots of boardroom strife and firefighting in the 90s and 2000s (somehow we made a fist of things on the pitch in this period) Lots of rubbish in the last decade on all fronts. The Killies, St Johnstone’s, Particks and St Mirren can look back with lots of pride aswell as disappointment on their post war history, ours is a litany of disappointment and underachievement, the odd few months here and there apart, since the dust was settling on WWII.

And if Virginton is still sneaking about this page and wants to call this post “delicious” with a Ainsley Harriet pic then that’s fine too. This club is a RIDDY!

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

3 hours ago, MS RR said:

It's amazing now that fans are actually identifying Gary Deans as a fraud, it was something I pointed out months ago. I actually find it torturous listening to him talk, he clearly thinks the fans are stupid and his tactic is just to say what the fans would say and want to hear. I want him miles away from the club.

The last three boards were frauds, the last four managers were frauds, the last four squads were frauds... Everybody that steps foot in this football club ends up being "not up for the job", so I wonder if it's the individual people or the club itself.

I can't remember a time without moaning at Falkirk and the mood around the club has been depressing for more than a decade. Meet at the pub, moan about last week, laugh about how we'll get beat on the day, back to the pub after the game and moan again. What a day out.

My prediction - we draw with Clyde on Saturday, meaning we go into the Cove game a point ahead. We lose this game as we treat Cove like Bayern Munich, barely leaving our own half in sheer terror. Some sort of pseudo change is made in name only, like Holt's role title being slightly altered (eg First Team Performance Advisor) but with Miller and McCracken remaining in charge. We stagger through the post-split fixtures, finish about 4-5 points off the top, and make a Noel Hunt of the playoff semi. Miller and McCracken then leave and we are stuck in this league again next season with some sort of strange management structure.

I'll be furious for the next couple of years as I continue to lose my hair with blood pressure being pushed higher every time Ben Hall or the weightlifter take the field.

There are a lot of problems at the club but the appointment of a decent manager would paper over them all.  The budgets available to Housty, Hartley, McKinnon and M&M have all been good enough to succeed but failure to appoint a decent manager is fundamentally whats costing us and continues to do so.  The MSG would barely ever be mentioned if we were winning on the park.  

I'd get rid of M&M today.  My only concern is that if Holt takes over to the end of the season and we go up he'll be given it on a full time basis.  Punt M&M and advertise straight away and make it clear Holt is interim only.  

31 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I recall Yogi used to bring In a sports psychologist from time to time to generate positive thinking.

Maybe we could do with a bit of that?

Can he play up front?

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

Oh here we go... There’s always one more game isn’t there? On what grounds should these two get to take charge of Saturday’s game? If this was McKinnon or Hartley in charge right now, they’d be getting hounded by everyone. Get the pair of them out the door today.

No, there's not 'one more game' because I said that they should be away if they don't win the next one, not the one after that, or the one after that, or the one...

FWIW I'd be quite happy if they don't get the chance to take us V Clyde because things have gone too far now. I was previously of the mind that I'd let them shitfest us to the title because I think a change would have been a dangerous thing to get right (still would be) but I now think that we're in a downward spiral that will be hard to turn around and it's likely that we'll now lose the title if we persist with them.

Who we bring in is a big question too but, whoever it is, should only be in place for the remainder of the season.

Tell you all something, being a Falkirk fan isn't an easy gig. I am a glass half empty kind of guy, my wife says I always see the negative side of things and I truly blame it on 47years of following they navy blue b*****ds. They cause so much heartache in my life that it's hard to be positive about things. I would bite your hand off for us to be a well run club with a good board, manager,players that don't always seem to be pulling in the opposite direction from the majority of the fanbase.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

16 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Holt has made it clear he doesn’t want to be a manager again. However he will need to take the reigns once M&M go. My guess it that will happen very quickly.

Just a guess? You're usually better than that with your information. They have to go, you can't come back from that ineptitude last night. I don't even think the players understood what the formation changed to when Francis came on. Throwing yourself on with 15mins to go just so you can take out some of your frustration by giving away cheap stupid fouls is a Sunday league tactic.

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Tell you all something, being a Falkirk fan isn't an easy gig. I am a glass half empty kind of guy, my wife says I always see the negative side of things and I truly blame it on 47years of following they navy blue b*****ds. They cause so much heartache in my life that it's hard to be positive about things. I would bite your hand off for us to be a well run club with a good board, manager,players that don't always seem to be pulling in the opposite direction from the majority of the fanbase.

Amen brother 

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The fact we've not had the manager post match interview yet is giving me hope. 

Your going to be disappointed they've just uploaded the highlights so no doubt interviews will be shortly, wonder if they will "take the positives from the game" and only look at the taking it a game at a time and move on to saturdays match.

Prioritise the League I kept hearing before Saturday. Well done in prioritising the league with that selection on Saturday was everywhere.

These were the same people who told us Kenny Jamieson was talking shite and Mark Campbell had to be the real deal cause the MSG appointed him.

They are now telling us we are top of the league and we move onto Saturday