The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You clearly didn't watch them bring Akeel Francis on at right back last night in an attempt to swing the game in our favour. Then when it clearly wasn't working fling on Lee Miller and Sammon and resort to hoofball. It was utter desperation as they are clearly aware we're sinking at their helm.

The annoying thing is if fans were at the game the gutless duo would resign on the spot!

Can people please stop this deluded attitude of “when we scrap over the line”. On what evidence are we going to scrap over the line? We’ve had 7 point leads, we’ve had 6 point leads and we’ve chucked it. We have no style, we can’t pass, we start games at walking pace. When Cove beat us, which they will because Hartley isn’t a total fruitloop, we’ll be dead even. Since Airdrie last beat us in December we’ve taken 8 points from a possible 21. Our home form this season is nothing short of pathetic in the third tier of Scottish football. So please stop the patronising BS because you are part of the problem. Maybe you like fannying about in League 1 but I certainly don’t and considering how long and sometimes how far we’ve been at the top we’re going to be the laughing stock once again when we blow it. 

8 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Totally agree on the first part. That’s why I loathe Miller, he should never have been welcomed back at this Club let alone given a heroes reception. 

There’s absolutely no justification for keeping either of them in the job now. As someone else correctly mentioned elsewhere, they were unqualified for the job since day one. It was an embarrassing appointment made by utter buffoons in an attempt to get fans on side. Whilst some evidently thought it was wonderful, it only alienated others even more. Get them emptied today. Even if we were to somehow limp over the line, these two clowns don’t deserve a league winners medal.

I don't understand why they rushed to give them a permanent deal in 2019. Where were they going to go that we had to tie them down? They could have been told "we're taking 3 months to assess" and Miller/McCracken would still have bitten your hand off for the opportunity.

It's incredible that we could scrape it by the odd goal against a knackered Clyde team on Saturday, hang on for dear life to a draw at Cove and be top of the league going into the split. Beyond that we are humped as it stands though.

28 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't understand why they rushed to give them a permanent deal in 2019. Where were they going to go that we had to tie them down? They could have been told "we're taking 3 months to assess" and Miller/McCracken would still have bitten your hand off for the opportunity.

It's incredible that we could scrape it by the odd goal against a knackered Clyde team on Saturday, hang on for dear life to a draw at Cove and be top of the league going into the split. Beyond that we are humped as it stands though.

Not only did we rush into giving them a permanent deal, we also rewarded the pair of them with a pay rise! Astonishing incompetence but yet hardly surprising. We expect nothing more these days. We truly are the worst run football club in the country.

Incredible as you say that we could still be top going into the split. It’s incredible that we are still top today. 

2 wins out of 7 in a league full of complete cack and we're still getting folk on here backing the management.  Jesus Christ how bad do we really need to get for people to wake up and smell the coffee.  Miller and mccracken were brought in on a temporary basis under the idea that that would give us time to appoint a new manager.  The bod then did a man u and panic appointed them after a few good results against the dregs of the league. If they really had had the full confidence in them they would've appointed them full time to start with. Caretaker managers are just that managers to get the club through a temporary spell. There was no need to appoint them as they were going nowhere. They had jumped at the chance as anyone with half a brain would. Chance to manage a side like Falkirk even though they had zero experience whatsoever. A club with huge resource advantages over every other side in that league at that time.  3 transfer windows later though and the majority of players that have played this season are still the crap signed by McKinnon.  A pile of bench warmers have been signed and even players that show promise aren't given near enough game time.  We'd be aswell cutting the budget and going part time for all the full time championship budget is getting us. I could've handled easily us and Partick way out in front fighting it out for that one promotion spot and them even popping us to the league as at least we'd have fancied our chances in the playoffs but to be in a dogfight with cove, East Fife etc is just unacceptable.Every time I think we've hit rock bottom there seems to be further depths to get to.  I really am scunnered with the whole thing these days.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I think Clyde will beat us on Saturday as they seem to be playing quite well at the moment. I would also hope that M&M have been told that they're history if we don't win it.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think Clyde will beat us on Saturday as they seem to be playing quite well at the moment. I would also hope that M&M have been told that they're history if we don't win it.

They should've been told that before last night. Clyde at home is our best chance of 3 points before the break as I can't see us getting anything up at cove and Peterhead the way we are playing.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Oh here we go... There’s always one more game isn’t there? On what grounds should these two get to take charge of Saturday’s game? If this was McKinnon or Hartley in charge right now, they’d be getting hounded by everyone. Get the pair of them out the door today.

What’s the current consensus on the two clowns in the management role after the last few games?

Seems delusional to play a 433 after it is obvious that it doesn’t work in seaside league football.

Why on earth did we then change to a 3 back against airdrie at the end, even though we picked up some pace and had a good go at them when we changed to a bog standard 442??

Frazzles my brain trying to work this out!!

Can't help thinking that we've only managed to get a few results as other clubs especially the part time sides are slower at getting up to speed than us.  October , November we were picking up points and then once clubs got going we immediately struggled. Again after the lay off we get 6 points straight away with crap performances and then as soon as the other clubs get a few games under their belts we start to struggle again. 

We are all so conditioned into believing there will be jam tomorrow. There simply won’t be. The managers are a bag of nerves, and now the players are too. Absolutely no organisation.

We are now getting the “sad, worried and concerned” faces (copyright Ray). The board will already be getting themselves into the bunker in order to avoid any exposure to common sense.

We all know they should be gone. We also know they won’t be unloaded, because there will be jam tomorrow.

The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there’ll be sun.

That really should be our new club song.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I recall Yogi used to bring In a sports psychologist from time to time to generate positive thinking.

Maybe we could do with a bit of that?

Houston used to use a performance coach IIRC