The Falkirk FC Thread

At this point, us winning the league will just be a long, drawn out fluke.

I wonder if the bookies are yet reflecting what we are all seeing? If not they could get fucking rinsed on Cove. Will check later.

3 points ahead and it doesn't even feel like its in our own hands.

Clubs that are successful more often than are united. From the owner down through the Board, to staff, to the manager, players and supporters everyone can see the direction a club is going and buy into it.

Our club won’t get that alinement until the change that started with Rawlins is completed. Those who have been around for 20plus years and still own a large chunk of the club have to realise the damage they are still doing. If they cared about the club they would recognise that.

Let’s not forget they have appointed the Chairman who in turn have built his own BOD. He is their man so he has to go too.

So until this change happens IMO this club will continue to under achieve. It will continue to make bad decisions and will lose supporters who are angry and disillusioned.

On the face of it Rawlins investment was great but if doesn’t solve anything until competent day to day management is put in place and the control some still have is cleared out.

Sadly I fear that won’t happen. So we will continue to under achieve and the divide and mistrust of the support of the Board and owners won’t go away.

The one hope left is when Rawlins gets here then he will see it for himself and listen to a broader church who will give him a clearer view of the whole picture not just that of a few who are detached from the reality of the situation.

I like thousands of others love this football club. The last 10-11 years have been painful (one or two highs aside) as I have watched the gradual decline. We have seen so many failed attempts to turn it around yet still the same people are involved in calling the shots. They will tell you they are fans, they will tell you they love the club. If they did IMO they would step aside by selling the bulk of their shares and admit their time is over.

9 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

The minute we took off Mercer and brought on the basketball player we’ve looked an absolute shambles. Disgraceful performance apart from the 15 min spell. M&M time expired. 

But but but....they have Falkirk blood!

And the fans will soon be back in the stands to tell them what to do.     

I can’t see how we will improve much in the next seven games to hold onto top spot. We are such an easy touch to play against. After the Cove game we will be off the top. After the split I wouldn’t be surprised if we were the worst of the five. 

AFEA2702-CA37-418F-B916-25B0F18B00E3.png

Edited by NUMBER 7

Just now, Hughsie said:

Unqualified for the job. Out of their depth. If this was a full 36 game season we’d have been mid-table by Christmas and they’d have been out the door.

We are 8 points clear of 7th just now so that may be a conservative assessment.

We've been given gift after gift as other teams take points off each other. We should have the title sealed by now. 

Bunch of moaning groaning typical OF style fans on here. 

What gives us the right to steam roller this league? Roll teams over at will? Cause we got lots of fans? Get real FFS. 

You lot do realise that we are exactly where we deserve to be? 

No one will remember loosing to Airdrie if we win the league, which is still very much possible and in our own hands. The very managers and players you’re all having a pop at got there, so there’s a chance they can stay there.

As far the whole ‘if your aunty had baws’ normal season stuff as well, what’s the point in that? We got a shorter season just deal with it. 

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I can’t see how we will improve much in the next seven games to hold onto top spot. We are such an easy touch to play against. After the Cove game we will be off the top. After the split I wouldn’t be surprised if we were the worst of the five. 

AFEA2702-CA37-418F-B916-25B0F18B00E3.png

Don’t these tables show we’ve improve slightly from last 8 to looking only at last 6 games? 

All that matters is points on the board, of which we have most and everyone played same amount of games. We also have the best GD.

If anything I think whilst yesterday was rubbish we have a better squad now that we did at the start of season with the young guys in.

We can defo still win this. And no team in the league scares me at all in terms of facing them to get full points. The quality in this league, including us, is fucking awful. 

7 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

It’ll be fine. BSLM loves the Club.

I wouldnt mind so much but the problems and the start of the rot to bring us where we are started when they downed tools on Houstie, if they hadnt downed tools i would like to think we would still have been in the championship.

Problem we have at the moment is do they keep the faith that they have enough to get us over the finish line and keep the 2 of them at the helm or do we empty them and get someone that knows wtf they are doing and can work with the under achievers we have.

Guest Ecosse83
23 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

What gives us the right to steam roller this league? Roll teams over at will? Cause we got lots of fans? Get real FFS. 

No one will remember loosing to Airdrie if we win the league, which is still very much possible and in our own hands. The very managers and players you’re all having a pop at got there, so there’s a chance they can stay there.

As far the whole ‘if your aunty had baws’ normal season stuff as well, what’s the point in that? We got a shorter season just deal with it. 

Clearly you haven’t watched the games or if you did clearly don’t have a clue what your watching!

Guest Peter LaFleur
46 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

We won’t win the league if M&M are still in charge as they are absolutely clueless. With a competent management team this league would have already been won. That 3-2-5 formation for 10 minutes at the end was Amateur level at best.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

38 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

And no team in the league scares me at all in terms of facing them to get full points. 

Such a damn shame that the same will never be said of the two out-and-out shitebags currently managing the team. Maybe you could have a word with them.

51 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Surely a wind up post?

Are you actually serious? How about the fact that we have a much bigger budget than majority of the clubs in the league! We are one of the few full time teams in the league! We built up a decent points gap even though we were playing poor!

Nobody thinks we have the automatic right to go up or win the league but when you consider our resources and where we were in the league, every fan has the right to want M&M removed as they’re only going to lose this league now. Even if they do limp over the line, most fans will know they’re not good enough and need to go

45 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I'll remember. And I'll remember M&M not beating a full time team at all. 

The writing was on the wall at the last East Fife game when I have genuinely never seen so many headless chickens on a pitch. The camera caught a moment where Miller was shouting and pointing one way whilst McCracken was shouting and pointing the other way and that summed them up. 

They simply do not know how to organise a team on the field, to communicate their instructions and to devise a coherent style of play.  We have 5 strikers with 4 goals between them in 15 games, that's bad recruitment or bad tactics whichever way you look at it. 

54 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

You're a clown.  Of course we should be steam-rollering the majority of the teams in this league.  No matter what your partner might tell you to make you feel better about yourself, size matters.  We are a full-time club with a larger budget than almost everyone in the league (not sure about Partick tbf) and are playing against an assorted bunch of part-timers most weeks.  It's just the way it is, to Old Firm fans we're a diddy team that should cause no concern..... For us the likes of Dumbarton, Clyde, Peterhead, East Fife, Montrose and Forfar should be considered a locked-in 3 points pretty much every game.  

The only reason they're not is because of the mismanagement from board level all the way down.  I hate all this crap about 'well we are where we are and there's no easy games'.  If there was a scintilla of competence within that club we wouldn't be in the third tier in the first place and we certainly wouldn't be a few bad results away from mid table mediocrity after 15 games.

54 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Don’t these tables show we’ve improve slightly from last 8 to looking only at last 6 games? 

They show us getting an average of 1.38 points per game over the last 8 games versus an average of 1.33ppg over the last 6.

So a slight deterioration actually.

It's amazing now that fans are actually identifying Gary Deans as a fraud, it was something I pointed out months ago. I actually find it torturous listening to him talk, he clearly thinks the fans are stupid and his tactic is just to say what the fans would say and want to hear. I want him miles away from the club.

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

All that matters is points on the board, of which we have most and everyone played same amount of games. We also have the best GD.

If anything I think whilst yesterday was rubbish we have a better squad now that we did at the start of season with the young guys in.

We can defo still win this. And no team in the league scares me at all in terms of facing them to get full points. The quality in this league, including us, is fucking awful. 

You clearly didn't watch them bring Akeel Francis on at right back last night in an attempt to swing the game in our favour. Then when it clearly wasn't working fling on Lee Miller and Sammon and resort to hoofball. It was utter desperation as they are clearly aware we're sinking at their helm.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I wouldnt mind so much but the problems and the start of the rot to bring us where we are started when they downed tools on Houstie, if they hadnt downed tools i would like to think we would still have been in the championship.

Problem we have at the moment is do they keep the faith that they have enough to get us over the finish line and keep the 2 of them at the helm or do we empty them and get someone that knows wtf they are doing and can work with the under achievers we have.

Totally agree on the first part. That’s why I loathe Miller, he should never have been welcomed back at this Club let alone given a heroes reception. 

There’s absolutely no justification for keeping either of them in the job now. As someone else correctly mentioned elsewhere, they were unqualified for the job since day one. It was an embarrassing appointment made by utter buffoons in an attempt to get fans on side. Whilst some evidently thought it was wonderful, it only alienated others even more. Get them emptied today. Even if we were to somehow limp over the line, these two clowns don’t deserve a league winners medal.