The Falkirk FC Thread

Not going to dwell on m and m - it’s all been said before by me and pretty much everyone else now. What I will say is I bet the post match interview includes sentences such as “we were off it”. No we weren’t. We’ve played at exactly the same level for the last 9 games or so, maybe even before that. We get out of jail v dross like forfar because they refuse to attack and basically accept defeat before we start. It’s usually some crap goal in a terrible 1 or 2 nil win. When We don’t get that goal we don’t win. 

Flying under the radar however is an utterly derisible “team” of players. If anything summed them up it’s giving the ball to a “striker” who needs a confidence boost, when Morrison hasn’t missed a pen all season. A crucial point of the season where if we’d scored we may well have seen the game out and been sitting fairly pretty in the league. A team where not a single one of them really cares about anything but themselves. Zero togetherness or common purpose. Maybe this has to come from the managers but atm I’m just as fucked off with the players as the duo in the dugout. 

Not even sure where we go from here, constructively, but something big must change. Throwing kids on is no longer a gamble - the “old heads” have completely lost the plot. I’d be playing deveney Neilson and mclelland every single minute til the end of the season. Maybe just tell them all to can the cautious “system” we’ve been playing - let’s just go gung ho, attack attack attack every minute. Have the wingbacks playing on the front foot every time they get the chance. We have enough firepower to win more than we lose if we play that way in the coming weeks. Alston Morrison Telfer - goals there for sure. 

When you look at the options we had on the bench tonight it's not difficult to see why we're struggling. Dowds, Kelly and Connolly being out injured doesn't help things but I'm struggling to work out why we never used our last two loans especially when we knew Connolly and Kelly were going to be injured.

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Not going to dwell on m and m - it’s all been said before by me and pretty much everyone else now. What I will say is I bet the post match interview includes sentences such as “we were off it”. No we weren’t. We’ve played at exactly the same level for the last 9 games or so, maybe even before that. We get out of jail v dross like forfar because they refuse to attack and basically accept defeat before we start. It’s usually some crap goal in a terrible 1 or 2 nil win. When We don’t get that goal we don’t win. 

Flying under the radar however is an utterly derisible “team” of players. If anything summed them up it’s giving the ball to a “striker” who needs a confidence boost, when Morrison hasn’t missed a pen all season. A crucial point of the season where if we’d scored we may well have seen the game out and been sitting fairly pretty in the league. A team where not a single one of them really cares about anything but themselves. Zero togetherness or common purpose. Maybe this has to come from the managers but atm I’m just as fucked off with the players as the duo in the dugout. 

Not even sure where we go from here, constructively, but something big must change. Throwing kids on is no longer a gamble - the “old heads” have completely lost the plot. I’d be playing deveney Neilson and mclelland every single minute til the end of the season. Maybe just tell them all to can the cautious “system” we’ve been playing - let’s just go gung ho, attack attack attack every minute. Have the wingbacks playing on the front foot every time they get the chance. We have enough firepower to win more than we lose if we play that way in the coming weeks. Alston Morrison Telfer - goals there for sure. 

The thing is them putting Miller, Sammon and Francis on the park tonight is their idea of going all out for the win. Absolutely ruined us.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Very difficult to post as LM was a player I’ve seen as a young player who’s deservedly enjoyed a descent career. Accepted a role many would have said no too,but absolute respect to his love and commitment to our club.

Now evident that it’s beyond reach  hopefully the board will see fit to let go and appoint a manager that can take us forward. 

Seriously? His love and commitment to our Club? The only thing Lee Miller cares about is his own ego. He downed tools on us and should never have been allowed back. His antics on the touchline with Keena on Saturday night best sums him up. A performer who’s always playing to the audience. He simply has to to be the centre of attention. Unfortunately at Falkirk, he gets plenty of that from the fanboys who never tire of stroking his ego and telling him how great he is. Get him to fu*k!

Just get them and the majority of their shitey signings to f**k. Absolutely scunnered with this club just now. As a support we have had more than our fair share of pish for too long in my opinion. Could we not just cancel the football again, I was happier then.

2 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Clyde will be on their 9th game in 21 days when they face us on Saturday. Something is seriously wrong if we can't take 3pts from a team that will probably be dead on their feet. 

Tough place to go as we draw 1-1 and play Akeel Francis at centre half.

3 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Clyde will be on their 9th game in 21 days when they face us on Saturday. Something is seriously wrong if we can't take 3pts from a team that will probably be dead on their feet. 

They should already be out on their feet though and still managed a point against a rejuvenated Cove...

Edited by roman_bairn

Mcracken's comments on the game from the Falkirk Herald. Can someone explain to me the change of shape they made in the first half? As all I saw was Fotheringham and Morrison switching sides.

"The way we started the game we just were never at it. We let them get a foothold straight away and couldn’t deal with their style of football, the way they bang it in to the box and throw it long.That gets them ahead and we have a reaction, we change the shape and that gets us back in to the game. Then in the second half I don’t know if they had any real opportunities. It's massively disappointing, it was a chance to claim another three points and push on but it is what it is and we need to look at things, it makes the games coming up evening bigger"

The post match interview after tonight's latest debacle should be a right laugh.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mcracken's comments on the game from the Falkirk Herald. Can someone explain to me the change of shape they made in the first half? As all I saw was Fotheringham and Morrison switching sides.

"The way we started the game we just were never at it. We let them get a foothold straight away and couldn’t deal with their style of football, the way they bang it in to the box and throw it long.That gets them ahead and we have a reaction, we change the shape and that gets us back in to the game. Then in the second half I don’t know if they had any real opportunities. It's massively disappointing, it was a chance to claim another three points and push on but it is what it is and we need to look at things, it makes the games coming up evening bigger"

Get him in the bin. Clueless arse.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm no opposition scout but I've watched a fair few of Airdrie's highlights this season and even my untrained eye could tell you they're a team that create most of their chances through crosses and set-plays. Very worrying that this seems to have come as a surprise to our management team. 

6 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Queens Park have won more games at TFS in 4 days than we have in 4 months. 

Maybe you could get their manager in when you get rid of... oh wait.

And that is why we can't see out the season with dumb and dumber. I can't believe how low Falkirk have stooped at this stage and there's just no words to summarise it. The fundamental problem is the club is run horrifically. Some fans could spot this earlier than most and we shouldn't have to wait for things to be damaged beyond repair before we can identify this. 

12 minutes ago, MS RR said:

And that is why we can't see out the season with dumb and dumber. I can't believe how low Falkirk have stooped at this stage and there's just no words to summarise it. The fundamental problem is the club is run horrifically. Some fans could spot this earlier than most and we shouldn't have to wait for things to be damaged beyond repair before we can identify this. 

It’ll be fine. BSLM loves the Club.

From active boardroom members through to managers through to players......the whole thing is a rudderless mess. Our Chairman is great at indignant statements, and that’s about it.

The MSG recruit the board, the board recruit the managers, the managers recruit the players, and not one single step of that process is fit for purpose.

Gary Holt needs to direct whatever it is he is doing away from the peripheral stuff and get locked into fixing things on the park now. Christ, it all started unraveling the last time we played Airdrie, and here we are again, nothing improved, nothing changed.

As pointed out elsewhere, we are currently the worst run club in the country. The whole structure needs dismantled, but outside looking in, it seems we are too small a fish for Phil Rawlins, and we have got his missus who seems to be thoroughly impressed by our dysfunctional club structure. Christ, what a mess. Just when you thought we’d bottomed out, they start handing out the shovels to take us a wee bit deeper into the shit.

Thing is, it’s the same self important eejits that will continue to make the calls. We are a long way from turning this around because they don’t want a competent manager, they just want someone that won’t rock the boat.