The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Well I watched 4 EPL games over the weekend on TV and they were all very enjoyable.

Chelsea v WBA, Leeds v Sheff U, Southampton v Burnley & Newcastle v Spurs. 

Of course the spectacle would be better with fans in the stadiums at these games but I doubt the football could be. I do agree that Falkirk are close to being unwatchable on TV but that's got more to do with the standard of player and awful tactics.

At the same time 4000 Falkirk fans in TFS probably shouting abuse at the managers & players won't change much on the park either. How exactly would that make the managers better tactically? 

Maybe it wouldn’t make them better as such but they would need to take more chances than they currently do. For instance the fans would have went mental at their subs against Dumbarton with the like for like changes when it was obvious we were needing a change of shape.  

Sorry to bring this up again and it has nothing to do with his ability as a player - he was one of the better performers at the weekend - but I don't think it got paid enough attention. McClelland even being allowed the number 72 was just not sitting well with me.  An absolute riddy and it is the epitome of stuff that our club shouldn't be getting involved in.

19 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Sorry to bring this up again and it has nothing to do with his ability as a player - he was one of the better performers at the weekend - but I don't think it got paid enough attention. McClelland even being allowed the number 72 was just not sitting well with me.  An absolute riddy and it is the epitome of stuff that our club shouldn't be getting involved in.

Should it have been allowed? probably not but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things. It's not going to affect how he plays for us and it's as much of a non event as Miller laughing at Keena for still having his mask on. I'm more annoyed at the fact he's been sat on the bench whilst dumb and dumber have played centre back together the last few games. Also we never bothered using anymore of the loans we had available.

Edited by FFC 1876

Was out this afternoon walking my dog in the local park and met an old guy I know. He is a Falkirk fan but due to his ageing years and health hasn't been to games in a while and hasn't seen the team play that much this season. He said he watched the Celtic game and thought the young lads all done well and brought energy and pace to the team. I said to him I agreed but unfortunately the management team don't. Folk who don't even see our team that much can see what we need but M&M can't.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

44 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Correct!! 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Should it have been allowed? probably not but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things. It's not going to affect how he plays for us and it's as much of a non event as Miller laughing at Keena for still having his mask on. 

Of course it's not a massive issue. It's just a small symptom of a club hopelessly out of touch with its own fanbase, and also another example of this weird thing we seem to have in wanting to appeal to (one of, in particular) the bigot brothers. If crowds had been in I'm sure folk would have had something to say about it.

Guest Ecosse83

I’ve only watched the home games live this season but will get tomorrow’s now we’re nearing the end of the season. Do I get it through Falkirk TV or do I need to do it through Airdrie? 

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Of course it's not a massive issue. It's just a small symptom of a club hopelessly out of touch with its own fanbase, and also another example of this weird thing we seem to have in wanting to appeal to (one of, in particular) the bigot brothers. If crowds had been in I'm sure folk would have had something to say about it.

Wish I knew what you’re talking about?

Was just thinking about how happy I am that Sammon is out of contract this summer. On Saturday he got Deveney to play him a ball down the line only to be dispossed by none other than Leigh Griffiths. 

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

36 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:
Francis, Leitch and Hall having squad numbers in the first place is a bigger issue, imo.

Add Durnan, Sammon, and Mercer to that list

Luckily all of the above are also out of contract in the summer. Unfortunately I get the feeling that won't mean we'll be rid of them next season.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wish I knew what you’re talking about?

He’s trying to say the lad shouldn’t have been allocated squad number 72 by the club,  as he seems to see association to either when Rangers were founded or won a European trophy, and I assume he feels this shouldn’t have been allowed. It’s not worthy of debate 

2 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

He’s trying to say the lad shouldn’t have been allocated squad number 72 by the club,  as he seems to see association to either when Rangers were founded or won a European trophy, and I assume he feels this shouldn’t have been allowed. It’s not worthy of debate 

The Rangers were founded in 2012.

16 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Thanks for that. Just checked. Founded in 1872. 

Just wish people wouldn’t speak in riddles.

3 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

He is a 19 year old boy who is probably a Rangers supporter, I couldn't care less as long as he has the desire to play the best he can when he pulls on our strip when the two numpties decide to play the strongest team, he's not a Goodwillie.

I think we've got a lot more worries than squad numbers FFS. If he helps us get promoted he can wear whatever number he wants. Perhaps if we had our own young players we wouldn't need to borrow them off the bloody old firm in the first place.