The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Cove have done the same to be fair. 6 changes from their last league game.

Think they rested folk. Tuesday to be honest. Players like masson who is one of their better players weren't playing against Airdrie.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf Cove are playing a team in form - we were playing the worst Celtic team for many years.

Celtic are incredibly strong too. The expenditure at the club compared to anyone else except Rangers is a joke. It's hugely skewed.

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Until your miles ahead at the top of league 1 or in a higher league to us have some respect. Yes we're getting pumped and it will be a cricket score but first year in L1, having been a Highland league side 2 years ago. Give us a break.

I get what you're saying but I don't think lack of a respect is an issue. I think most posters on here wouldn't be surprised if you beat us to the title!

Until your miles ahead at the top of league 1 or in a higher league to us have some respect. Yes we're getting pumped and it will be a cricket score but first year in L1, having been a Highland league side 2 years ago. Give us a break.

You won't get breaks off any Falkirk fans as long as that wee scumbag is in charge. Plus let's not pretend that cove are a wee Highland league outfit battling above their level. There's been a lot of cash invested in that side.

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

I get what you're saying but I don't think lack of a respect is an issue. I think most posters on here wouldn't be surprised if you beat us to the title!

The Falkirk guys are humble I must admit.

We can't compete with Rangers on or off the pitch. We're trying to build but still trying to be established in L1. Who knows what will happen to us in future years (forwards or backwards)

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You won't get breaks off any Falkirk fans as long as that wee scumbag is in charge. Plus let's not pretend that cove are a wee Highland league outfit battling above their level. There's been a lot of cash invested in that side.

8 of our normal stating 11 are guys that were playing in the Highland league. 

Hartley's recruitment has been dire to be fair and he's not a long term manager. Might (and that's a big might) get us to Championship but won't keep us there or improve us further 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

The Highland league have certainly come out the Scottish cup a lot better than league one that's for sure. Performances of us and cove have been dreadful.

We're miles off. We have L1 players, a couple can play higher but in the majority most of them L1 is there limit. A few like Broque Watson and Adam Livingstone are L2 quality.

10 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We're miles off. We have L1 players, a couple can play higher but in the majority most of them L1 is there limit. A few like Broque Watson and Adam Livingstone are L2 quality.

Brora managed to beat hearts that's a massive gap too whilst us and you have only managed one shot in 135 mins so far. That's piss poor at any level.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Brora managed to beat hearts that's a massive gap too whilst us and you have only managed one shot in 135 mins so far. That's piss poor at any level.

True. There is no part of me that is saying we're poor in comparison to this Rangers team. 

Rangers are streets ahead of a beloquering Hearts side it must be said. This Rangers side could pump Hearts too. Not to the extent we'll get beat by admittedly

There's a huge bonus for us with masson getting crocked. Always liked him as a player.

He's good for us, a goalscorer. Looks gubbed. Out for the rest of the  season I reckon

Edited by CoveRangers1922

He's good for us. Looks gubbed. Out for the rest of the  season I reckon

Aye looks a sore one unfortunately. Hopefully keeps him out till after the game against us and that's it but it looks a bad one.  Thing is see if that had been a rangers player at cove the astro pitch would be getting pelters .

Agree with most of what your saying but for SA and MR to form what your effectively saying would be an MSG mark 2 they’d need Rawlins on board, he’s not going to blindly go along with the wishes of that pair, at the end of the day Mr Rawlings now owns the bulk of our club, is his own man and the buck stops with him. I don’t know the guy personally but I find it very hard to believe he’s intending allowing others already at the club to over rule him looking at the level of investment he’s put up and also the guys previous track record in football he obviously intends on implementing upward change. I can’t believe he is going to be the type that’s influenced by two grumpy old men whispering in his ear. The buck now stops with him, especially if he takes up the additional 19% shareholding. I do have confidence going forward however I admit I am now starting to get a little impatient at the lack of obvious change behind the scenes or engagement with the fans. I’d like Rawlins to be a little more visible even if for nothing more than a PR point of view at this point. 

How do you think Rawlins got in ?

Alan Gow let’s the club know about Rawlins, Gary Deans meets Rawlins and tells MR and SA he is selling him 26% of the club that stops anyone being able to change the constitution again without Rawlins backing it and he isn’t in bed with SA and MR? Come on think it through.

It is 100% a plan to do that. If the small shareholders tried to change things at an EGM do you think that they wouldn’t pitch in together?

I have no problem with Rawlins coming in but let’s not try and dress it up as anything else other than Rawlins using MR and SA to back him up of it ever gets rocky.

8 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Have to say I am absolutely scunnered with the whole thing. I hadn't bought a season ticket for 2 seasons and was pretty much resigned to the fact that was it for me until the MSG got to f**k. Stupidly when the Rawlings investment was voted in I gave them my money thinking change was happening. It isn't we are an absolute mess of a club, the two jokers running the club and the two jokers running the team have ended it for me.

MSG GTF i salute you for your resilliance to what is going on at our club. I will be back in your camp next season, they won't be getting another penny from me until real change happens.

That last night is just not acceptable from a so called professional football club. There are junior clubs that are run better and would have had more of a go at Parkhead than we did.

Good on you pal. Far too often the soft lads among us dismiss it as being negative or anti-Falkirk. One or two have even had the cheek to suggest I should go and support someone else. They couldn’t be further from the truth. Staying away is one of the hardest decisions I’ve made, especially when watching Falkirk home and away has been a way of life for over 30 years. I’m not the only one either. But rather than judging those taking this stance, perhaps others should ask themselves who is to blame for lifelong fans staying away? Who is causing them to make such a decision? I’ve had enough and I’ll see this through because doing nothing will change nothing. If more of us do the same, then eventually Ritchie and Alexander will have to take notice. It’s our club, and it’s about time we showed those two arrogant old ba*tards that!

2 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

Good on you pal. Far too often the soft lads among us dismiss it as being negative or anti-Falkirk. One or two have even had the cheek to suggest I should go and support someone else. They couldn’t be further from the truth. Staying away is one of the hardest decisions I’ve made, especially when watching Falkirk home and away has been a way of life for over 30 years. I’m not the only one either. But rather than judging those taking this stance, perhaps others should ask themselves who is to blame for lifelong fans staying away? Who is causing them to make such a decision? I’ve had enough and I’ll see this through because doing nothing will change nothing. If more of us do the same, then eventually Ritchie and Alexander will have to take notice. It’s our club, and it’s about time we showed those two arrogant old ba*tards that!

This resonates with lots of fans and particularly me. I went to two home games last season because I'm not putting anymore money into the club until there is a complete overhaul. As someone said earlier, we could have the revenue of the bigot brothers and still be shite because of how incompetent our board is. Teams like Livingston and Hamilton are performing to a substantially higher standard with less money to play with. I don't think it's fair that our fans should put our hard earned money to a club that is run by people who don't give a shit about the fans, who are horrendously incompetent, and some could be branded as conmen. 

21 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Completely agree, didn’t watch last night and tbh considering not watching anymore football until we’re allowed back,

Unless your one of the arse cheeks or a light blue mancurian it’s about exciting as watching paint dry.

Fans are the lifeblood of football and without them many managers including our two are getting away with murder.

Negative tactics, teams set up not to lose rather than win, and the Dumbarton game just highlighted the poor decision making from our two, one up front until we fall behind and then we tactically change to two up front.

FFS it’s was Dumbarton we were playing and like most games weve started with this formation.

As stated by many don’t see enough to suggest we can get over the line and get out of this hell hole....

Well I watched 4 EPL games over the weekend on TV and they were all very enjoyable.

Chelsea v WBA, Leeds v Sheff U, Southampton v Burnley & Newcastle v Spurs. 

Of course the spectacle would be better with fans in the stadiums at these games but I doubt the football could be. I do agree that Falkirk are close to being unwatchable on TV but that's got more to do with the standard of player and awful tactics.

At the same time 4000 Falkirk fans in TFS probably shouting abuse at the managers & players won't change much on the park either. How exactly would that make the managers better tactically?