The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, MS RR said:

Yeah, and the board aren't competent enough to resolve the situation. God knows what gives you the impression we should have any faith in those running the club. you actually think M&M are doing quite a good job which is concerning in itself haha. 

Quote me or stop making up shit.....

Absolutely spot on.
That’s the real problem. Close the academy, get rid of your core players and sign journeymen.
That’s what we have done and what we need to resolve.

And there are people still involved who were part of that decision.

And there are people still involved who were part of that decision.

I don’t disagree but at the same time I honestly don’t know what level of influence they still have?
Appreciate you’re a lot closer to this area though....

I don’t disagree but at the same time I honestly don’t know what level of influence they still have?

MR, SA, KK and Andy Thomson are all still involved. Two are major shareholders, KK is the commercial director, though not sure what input he would have had at closing it, and Andy Thomson still helps out on the financial side.

Everyone can understand why managers say things in post match interviews. Some managers you just know they’re saying it to defend the players but will give the players a rollocking in the changing room. My concern with M&M, is I honestly think what they say in the interviews is what they believe and what they will be telling the players.

Tell players a draw against Dumbarton is acceptable then they will all have a losing mentality

Dowds getting injured last night has well and truely humped the two upfront as Sammon and Francis aren't up to it. Hopefully he's not out for too long as he was just coming onto a game. Gives M&M an excuse to stick with the 4-2-3-1 on Tuesday which is annoying. I think whether I view it or not will solely depend on whether Leitch starts, so i'll most likely just watch the updates.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

The still effectively have control. They have taken a back seat and appointed a few accountants to run the club  for now but they believe they have a significant investment to recover before they agree to move on . Trouble is nobody else agrees the club is worth hee haw and selling their shares to the punters will prove a difficult gig to pull off . I have genuine sympathy for their position and if / when we improve as a team then the pressure will be off.  Most fans just want to watch a competitive team with a few stars and some attacking play so unless we do a partick or livi and manage to get a numpty lottery winner to bankroll us then we had better get used to relative mediocrity. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Everyone can understand why managers say things in post match interviews. Some managers you just know they’re saying it to defend the players but will give the players a rollocking in the changing room. My concern with M&M, is I honestly think what they say in the interviews is what they believe and what they will be telling the players.

Tell players a draw against Dumbarton is acceptable then they will all have a losing mentality

Just watched his interview and I agree with what you say here, Miller comes across as a top bloke but deep down is probably still one of the boys and not a manager.

If we don’t win on Tuesday they will just regurgitate the same old crap!

49 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The still effectively have control. They have taken a back seat and appointed a few accountants to run the club  for now but they believe they have a significant investment to recover before they agree to move on . Trouble is nobody else agrees the club is worth hee haw and selling their shares to the punters will prove a difficult gig to pull off . I have genuine sympathy for their position and if / when we improve as a team then the pressure will be off.  Most fans just want to watch a competitive team with a few stars and some attacking play so unless we do a partick or livi and manage to get a numpty lottery winner to bankroll us then we had better get used to relative mediocrity. 

If your referring to SA and MR they have had 3 significant cash offers for they’re shareholding, all in the region of 30p per share so could have chosen to walk at any time but instead are still hanging about. One from the BtB patrons group , one from Kenny Rodgers and one from Alan Gows consortium. Also I’m not so not convinced they “control” the club in any meaningful way, neither have a seat on the board and even they’re combined shareholding is now less than the 27% of the club Rawlings now owns as our largest shareholder. If anybody has a “control” over the club it should be him. I’d like to see him starting to be a bit more hands on now. He surely hasn’t invested 350k (with more to come, I’m told he has an option to buy a further 19%) into a club just to let the status quo rumble on, the guy must have his own plans. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

If your referring to SA and MR they have had 3 significant cash offers for they’re shareholding, all in the region of 30p per share so could have chosen to walk at any time but instead are still hanging about. One from the BtB patrons group , one from Kenny Rodgers and one from Alan Gows consortium. Also I’m not so not convinced they “control” the club in any meaningful way, neither have a seat on the board and even they’re combined shareholding is now less than the 27% of the club Rawlings now owns as our largest shareholder. If anybody has a “control” over the club it should be him. I’d like to see him starting to be a bit more hands on now. He surely hasn’t invested 350k (with more to come, I’m told he has an option to buy a further 19%) into a club just to let the status quo rumble on, the guy must have his own plans. 

Add the these two, the other ex-MSG and Rawlins it is over 60% of the club, pretty similar to the former MSG. If you think those two are not still having a say then you are either naive or don’t know how the place has operated for 20 years.

Both SA and MR have always said they would only sell to Falkirk fans - bingo - lies.

I am like you however and want Rawlins to start influencing things that we can actually see. He needs to get over from the States as soon as he can and start engaging with a wider audience who won’t just tell him what he wants to hear or blow smoke up his arse in return for power.

42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Add the these two, the other ex-MSG and Rawlins it is over 60% of the club, pretty similar to the former MSG. If you think those two are not still having a say then you are either naive or don’t know how the place has operated for 20 years.

Both SA and MR have always said they would only sell to Falkirk fans - bingo - lies.

I am like you however and want Rawlins to start influencing things that we can actually see. He needs to get over from the States as soon as he can and start engaging with a wider audience who won’t just tell him what he wants to hear or blow smoke up his arse in return for power.

Agree with most of what your saying but for SA and MR to form what your effectively saying would be an MSG mark 2 they’d need Rawlins on board, he’s not going to blindly go along with the wishes of that pair, at the end of the day Mr Rawlings now owns the bulk of our club, is his own man and the buck stops with him. I don’t know the guy personally but I find it very hard to believe he’s intending allowing others already at the club to over rule him looking at the level of investment he’s put up and also the guys previous track record in football he obviously intends on implementing upward change. I can’t believe he is going to be the type that’s influenced by two grumpy old men whispering in his ear. The buck now stops with him, especially if he takes up the additional 19% shareholding. I do have confidence going forward however I admit I am now starting to get a little impatient at the lack of obvious change behind the scenes or engagement with the fans. I’d like Rawlins to be a little more visible even if for nothing more than a PR point of view at this point. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

56 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Just watched his interview and I agree with what you say here, Miller comes across as a top bloke but deep down is probably still one of the boys and not a manager.

If we don’t win on Tuesday they will just regurgitate the same old crap!

That's my take on it I don't think they have grasped the difference between being a player and being a manager. Too busy arsing about doing crossbar challenges and having a laugh. This big quality squad pish also grinds my gears yes it's a big squad but quality nope. 

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

That's my take on it I don't think they have grasped the difference between being a player and being a manager. Too busy arsing about doing crossbar challenges and having a laugh. This big quality squad pish also grinds my gears yes it's a big squad but quality nope. 

I wonder if they actually believe the quality squad pish!

Its actually torture watching the pathetic school boy tactics and not having a say on how things are going. Too many will be happy with it because we are top but anyone with half a brain will see how shite things are in the pitch.

Highlights the dross like cove that we are up against. Feck at least we had a lot of our shite playing. We should be streets ahead of them in this league not just 4 points.

They have managed to win a corner mind you.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Peter LaFleur
Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Highlights the dross like cove that we are up against. Feck at least we had a lot of our shite playing. We should be streets ahead of them in this league not just 4 points.

Cove have done the same to be fair. 6 changes from their last league game.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Tbf Cove are playing a team in form - we were playing the worst Celtic team for many years.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Until your miles ahead at the top of league 1 or in a higher league to us have some respect. Yes we're getting pumped and it will be a cricket score but first year in L1, having been a Highland league side 2 years ago. Give us a break.