The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I haven't been back there after they all ganged up on me for suggesting Mark Campbell was a conman.

In times past fans who loved the club protested and saved us from the likes of the Deans and John Lambie. THE TOWN WITH NO PITY was the headline in one newspaper with pictures of the baying mob outside Brockville waiting to tell Lambie what they thought of him. Fast forward to today with these clueless blind happy clapping idiots on COYB - it's like the polar opposite.    

They really are a mentally challenged bunch on that COYB page. The ones who thought Campbell was legitimate are the same fans who backed McKinnon when it was clear he was hopeless. It's the same fans who say "keep the faith" with dumb and dumber.

14 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Have to say I am absolutely scunnered with the whole thing. I hadn't bought a season ticket for 2 seasons and was pretty much resigned to the fact that was it for me until the MSG got to f**k. Stupidly when the Rawlings investment was voted in I gave them my money thinking change was happening. It isn't we are an absolute mess of a club, the two jokers running the club and the two jokers running the team have ended it for me.

MSG GTF i salute you for your resilliance to what is going on at our club. I will be back in your camp next season, they won't be getting another penny from me until real change happens.

That last night is just not acceptable from a so called professional football club. There are junior clubs that are run better and would have had more of a go at Parkhead than we did.

I said nothing was changing for the better at the club a couple of months ago and was told I was on the windup here. It's very clear that nothing positive is happening behind the scenes at the club. I stand by the comment that Gary Deans only says what the fans want to hear, he's no good for the club at all. It's just impossible to have any positivity about Falkirk.  

14 minutes ago, MS RR said:

They really are a mentally challenged bunch on that COYB page. The ones who thought Campbell was legitimate are the same fans who backed McKinnon when it was clear he was hopeless. It's the same fans who say "keep the faith" with dumb and dumber.

Falkirk should be in a position to put out a lineup with an attitude, this is how we are going to play try and stop us. High press, high tempo dictating the game.

We don't because we can't. With 2 or 3 exceptions  would not be bothered of they dumped the squad and started again.

Have a bad feeling Cove are going to pip us to the title.

27 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Have to say I am absolutely scunnered with the whole thing. I hadn't bought a season ticket for 2 seasons and was pretty much resigned to the fact that was it for me until the MSG got to f**k. Stupidly when the Rawlings investment was voted in I gave them my money thinking change was happening. It isn't we are an absolute mess of a club, the two jokers running the club and the two jokers running the team have ended it for me.

MSG GTF i salute you for your resilliance to what is going on at our club. I will be back in your camp next season, they won't be getting another penny from me until real change happens.

That last night is just not acceptable from a so called professional football club. There are junior clubs that are run better and would have had more of a go at Parkhead than we did.

I'm scunnered as well but wtf has last night's team selection and set up got to do with the Rawlins??

Fans not putting a penny in just now are as resilient as the Rangers fans that let their club die. 

1 minute ago, Bula Bairn said:

I'm scunnered as well but wtf has last night's team selection and set up got to do with the Rawlins??

Fans not putting a penny in just now are as resilient as the Rangers fans that let their club die. 

Nah. People will have different thresholds for what they consider sufficient "change" at boardroom level and the only lever we have is to withhold money.

The Rawlins investment and more shares being issued to fans is sufficient for me after 18 months of not giving them a penny, but I can understand others wanting Ritchie and Superfan out the door first.

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Nah. People will have different thresholds for what they consider sufficient "change" at boardroom level and the only lever we have is to withhold money.

The Rawlins investment and more shares being issued to fans is sufficient for me after 18 months of not giving them a penny, but I can understand others wanting Ritchie and Superfan out the door first.

We need to start seeing this change actually affecting the product on the park though. At the moment we could have the same budget as the old firm and it wouldn't matter a jot as it would still be the same clowns at the club spending the money on absolute dross. I for one won't be buying any more shares until things change considerably for the better. At the moment it's just the same old shite .

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We need to start seeing this change actually affecting the product on the park though. At the moment we could have the same budget as the old firm and it wouldn't matter a jot as it would still be the same clowns at the club spending the money on absolute dross. I for one won't be buying any more shares until things change considerably for the better. At the moment it's just the same old shite .

Agree with this 100%, no point putting money into a club when those who have the power to spend said money aren't up to the task.

The club is rotten just now, we need Ritchie and Superfan gone in my opinion for things to change. Each to their own though if folk still want to plough their cash in.

42 shots on goal, and if you said these words to the average sports fan in North America, then it would be assumed that this was a statistic from a hockey game.

We played Celtic in the 2004-2005 League Cup and were beaten 8-1 (we were top of the Championship then). Still, the one goal points to more possession and attempts on goal than yesterday.

San Marino managed two shots against England, one against Hungary and four against Albania, showing that they'll still give a go. Our management team's comments, how we defended well, that it was a great experience for them and  - the most offensive of all - the fighting spirit was there for all to see, have only solidified the belief within many that they are woefully out of their depth (bringing more doubters on board).

A true disgrace of a performance.

Edited by Taxi for De Massis

Falkirk TV interview Lee Miller saying how proud they are of the players, and how tough a place Airdrie will be to go on Tuesday 🤷‍♂️

“We could have had more quality in the final third”

Getting there would have helped

Somebody needs to ask them where isn't a tough place to go so we know. I would rather they just stopped these one sided interviews now, they add no value apart from rile up the support.

Last night is not what I expect from my team with the most level head I'm going to have on this one, after waiting a day to calm down. However I should have expected the comments from the duo if after playing Dumbarton they were claiming its a tough ask to beat a team who in a relegation fight, why were we going to see/hear anything else against Celtic.

I am just embarrassed.

Personally couldn't give any fuks about the Celtic game, we went there as a 3rd division club and played like one.

The 0.000001% chance we had would've been with Morrison in the 11 with a breakaway, embarrassing stats but heyho it wasn't 5 or 6+ which I'm guessing 99% of us expected when the team sheet came out.

The big question is will our management keep any of the back 5 in for Tuesday ?

I'd personally go with the three loans and Dixon centre but I'm guessing it will be back to the usual faces and we will use shit the bed tactics 

34 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Personally couldn't give any fuks about the Celtic game, we went there as a 3rd division club and played like one.

I don't think we played as a 3rd division club, they would have at least attempted something, like say a shot.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

Why would any player come to Falkirk? There's no youth development, no noteworthy coaching, no leadership, nothing.  Management and board members are changed more often than a hoor's drawers and the team wins f**k all. An incomplete stadium sums us up.

We get the dregs, the has-beens and the never will be's. Since Sibbald left there hasn't been a player that could beat a man, play a pass or just get you on the edge of your seat. There's nothing worth watching and I'm sick of it. 

14 minutes ago, Smikka Smikka Smoodoo said:

Why would any player come to Falkirk? There's no youth development, no noteworthy coaching, no leadership, nothing.  Management and board members are changed more often than a hoor's drawers and the team wins f**k all. An incomplete stadium sums us up.

We get the dregs, the has-beens and the never will be's. Since Sibbald left there hasn't been a player that could beat a man, play a pass or just get you on the edge of your seat. There's nothing worth watching and I'm sick of it. 

Because we pay stupidly high wages for dross.

Absolutely spot on.
That’s the real problem. Close the academy, get rid of your core players and sign journeymen.
That’s what we have done and what we need to resolve.

I said nothing was changing for the better at the club a couple of months ago and was told I was on the windup here. It's very clear that nothing positive is happening behind the scenes at the club. I stand by the comment that Gary Deans only says what the fans want to hear, he's no good for the club at all. It's just impossible to have any positivity about Falkirk.  

A couple of months ago you were on the Thistle thread winding up their posters that we were going to win the league by 20 points or more or some equivalent shit.
Keep on going with the flow.....[emoji3]

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Absolutely spot on.
That’s the real problem. Close the academy, get rid of your core players and sign journeymen.
That’s what we have done and what we need to resolve.

Yeah, and the board aren't competent enough to resolve the situation. God knows what gives you the impression we should have any faith in those running the club. you actually think M&M are doing quite a good job which is concerning in itself haha.