The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Find this obsession in letting us know about Todorov weekly quite bizarre. He never left as a hate figure, no one ever slated him or wanted him out the door. He just literally never got the chance. Message these to “Sugar” Ray McKinnon instead, plz.x

Some of your fellow Falkirk supporters were telling us how shite the Championship is going by the fact that Todorov is scoring fairly regularly. So I feel it’s important to remind you all when he does.

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Some of your fellow Falkirk supporters were telling us how shite the Championship is going by the fact that Todorov is scoring fairly regularly. So I feel it’s important to remind you all when he does.

Not on regularly enough to notice their negative vibes - fair play! I’m glad he’s doing well, seemed a good c*nt. Used to try to stop away players celebrating in front of the Falkirk fans after scoring which was a regular occurrence that season. 

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If you look hard enough, you'll probably find Falkirk supporters telling you how shite Maradona or Zidane were. This really isn't the go-to thread for positivity.

5 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

If you look hard enough, you'll probably find Falkirk supporters telling you how shite Maradona or Zidane were. This really isn't the go-to thread for positivity.

What do we have to be positive about?

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

What do we have to be positive about?

Exactly this, probably would be hard pushed to find a set of fans with the exception of possibly Brechin who have had to put up with as much shite from their team/club in the past 3/4 seasons. 

Isn't the "hartley never seen any of the players he signed" just an urban myth that doesn't become true if repeated often enough. Pretty sure bainsford bairn said he had seen most of the players pre signing. 

If everything is the boards fault and you offered me the same again since they've be in charge over the next 20 years, cup finals with a chance to win last game, some years in top flight and 1 season in 3rd flight (no pandemic to make it 2!) I'd take it

15 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Yes he was a c#nt, I'm not disputing that. What I am saying is the Busted Brentford Model wasn't his idea.

There's a big difference between using a scout for the odd player and taking a full team of his players off him. And as I have said he hasn't done it before or since.

Of course he is going to TOE (pun intended) the party line at the fans meetings in the pub, you know what a megalomaniac Campbell was.   

It was well mentioned at the time Hartley never travelled to see these players in the flesh, I'm sure he said as much in an interview - he wasn't going to be spending a lot of time travelling to see players. If you think about it when we are signing 8 or 9 players from England it means we are looking at probably 3 times that and it makes no sense for Hartley to go see them all or even just the 9 - he would be constantly down there (the days of Jeffries sleeping in his car are well gone).

Hartley okayed these signings based on Superscout/agent and the YouTube clips which can make Aaron Muirhead look like Messi.  

What exactly is the Brentford model ?

Campbell didn't give Hartley a script to read at those fans meetings, Hartley indeed gave us the first Mark Campbell performance in talking fairy tale shite, giving us a lowdown on how good these players he hadn't seen were 😃

A manager generally lives or dies on his signings, no pro manager would sign players like he done with us. The signings in December worked so he must've thought it's that easy, similar pattern was at Dundee albeit not as vast in numbers.

Although the board take a portion of blame, the manager is to blame for signings he made, that's where the buck always fall for the product on the pitch

Edited by MrDust

The buck stops at the top though, or ought to at least. The fact our current major shareholders have dodged this principal goes a long way to explaining our current situation.

Presumably noone forced Craig Campbell to employ Hartley and 'Mitch', bin the academy and adopt the Brentford model, then execute said plans so ineptly that they were met with immediate failure. 

They did employ him though.

Martin Ritchie and Sandy Alexander don't appear to hold themselves to account, so why be surprised when they don't demand the same of their employees? The buck absolutely stops with them.

Our new club culture of mediocre ineptitude will last as long as those two are involved, I dare say

3 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Clyde beating Ayr ensures another fixture for them to deal with. Was hoping Partick went to extra time but done by a late goal. 

This, our best hope is that it's only the 18 games. Clyde's playing ball(hunners of ball)