The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I'm not sticking up for M&M here but the long break has made it more difficult for every manager. Partick have had two players who have returned to parent club due to the unknown if our league would restart, zoom calls do not give anyone a head start and the transfer market being a 2 week window after the main window closed.

They should be getting better out of our squad. They look tactically inept and are being undone by managers with a part time squad at their disposal. If a bit of time to really analyse our performances and find the deficiencies yields more of the same, then thats really another nail in their coffin. The break wasn't ideal for anyone obviously, but as far as form went it couldn't have come at a better time for us. 2 or 3 weeks longer and we'd have gone into that break off the top spot, of that I am sure. And I think there has been braod agreement on here, if we lose top spot, we won't get it back. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I’m not sticking up for M&M but..............

They are grown men. If they have had influence from Holt and don’t agree with him tell him to f**k off and sack us if the results are not going our way if they didn’t agree. 100% this is their plan no one else’s

The pair of them obviously want a career in coaching/management and have zero in the bank to call the shots. It's bewildering for me to play rigid 4-5-1 against the bottom two clubs in our division. The times we have tried the 4-5-1 it has ended with us reverting back to 2 up top and it's been against clubs challenging us.

I don't want any manager at our club who thinks 4-5-1 against part time relegation haunted teams is the way forward in the 3rd division.

The pair of them obviously want a career in coaching/management and have zero in the bank to call the shots. It's bewildering for me to play rigid 4-5-1 against the bottom two clubs in our division. The times we have tried the 4-5-1 it has ended with us reverting back to 2 up top and it's been against clubs challenging us.
I don't want any manager at our club who thinks 4-5-1 against part time relegation haunted teams is the way forward in the 3rd division.

They would sell it to you as 4-3-3

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ok, maybe I should have said the con is buying shares and expecting real influence because they are selling that myth to the fans group

On the flip side of it though if it wasnt for posters on here rallying small shareholders at the egm lex would have had his way and we would have Gow, AT and Lang back 

On the flip side of it though if it wasnt for posters on here rallying small shareholders at the egm lex would have had his way and we would have Gow, AT and Lang back 

Lex got his way - he sold his shares. It would only have delayed getting Rawlins in 2/3 months tops.

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

I'm not sticking up for M&M here but the long break has made it more difficult for every manager. Partick have had two players who have returned to parent club due to the unknown if our league would restart, zoom calls do not give anyone a head start and the transfer market being a 2 week window after the main window closed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holt has had an influence, M&M shat the bed against Raith but overall it was 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 at the start of their management, never 4-5-1 against Dumbarton Forfar types.

We were classic rollercoaster under Hartley, majority of us were expecting to end the first season with 7 without a win.

We dominated 3 games the other wins were sneaked victories, the classic QoS win we were unplayable 3 up first half and could've lost it 2nd half and should have.

Sorry don't buy that....... A scout/agent he had used before and introduced him to us is definitely his idea.

Going around various pubs supporters club suggesting we are aiming for promotion, we have signed great players from England is up there with Kenny Rogers spiel.

No manager would sign a full squad at our level or championship without an idea of the players ability. The turnover of players at Dundee suggests similar happened but he had a core of decent players to ride it out until his demise.

He assembled the worst squad that Falkirk will ever have in my lifetime, probably beyond. We were the laughing stock in all parts of national media whilst in the 2nd tier.

To top it off he was a c#nt too

Yes he was a c#nt, I'm not disputing that. What I am saying is the Busted Brentford Model wasn't his idea.

There's a big difference between using a scout for the odd player and taking a full team of his players off him. And as I have said he hasn't done it before or since.

Of course he is going to TOE (pun intended) the party line at the fans meetings in the pub, you know what a megalomaniac Campbell was.   

It was well mentioned at the time Hartley never travelled to see these players in the flesh, I'm sure he said as much in an interview - he wasn't going to be spending a lot of time travelling to see players. If you think about it when we are signing 8 or 9 players from England it means we are looking at probably 3 times that and it makes no sense for Hartley to go see them all or even just the 9 - he would be constantly down there (the days of Jeffries sleeping in his car are well gone).

Hartley okayed these signings based on Superscout/agent and the YouTube clips which can make Aaron Muirhead look like Messi.  

Not really buying that argument that can let Hartley off the hook for bringing in so many hopeless jobbers. Regardless if he had seen them play or not he’s the manager and he signed off on the transfers, he didn’t have to.

Also if you look at 3 players we brought in from Scottish clubs which since the scout was based in England must have been all Hartleys own doing. Leo Fasan, Marcus Haber and Dylan Mackin. Arguably the worst of the lot we brought in. Fasan who is comfortably the worst goalkeeper I have ever seenand currently plays in the Italian 3rd tier having played just 7 games in the 2 years since leaving us. Haber the laziest player known to man who quite clearly didn’t want to be here and couldn’t be arsed moving when he was on the pitch has already been punted by 2 Canadian teams and is now in Cambodia. Then Mackin the fat jobber we paid some money for and was out the door before the end of October who has been in and out of the Stirling Albion team ever since leaving.

Cracks on tomorrow’s game;

But Falkirk co-boss McCracken won’t let this tie go down quietly, despite the difference in quality: “The standard of player they have we are a fair distance from. But that doesn’t mean we’re going to go into the game and think like that. We will give them respect but there’s no reason being there unless you go and try to win the game.

“We tell the players to express themselves and see where it takes you. This is Celtic’s last opportunity to get some silverware this season. They won’t take us lightly but that adds to the experience for our players as well.

This is precariously close to what our manager’s pre-match interviews will be like against any full time side in the not too distant future.

18 league game season would make for an interesting last 4 games and to be honest I'd almost prefer that too. We have Clyde (A), Dumbarton (H), Falkirk (H) and Montrose (A).

From a Cove perspective I'm hoping we can get into a position that if we pick up 3 points at Balmoral against you the destiny would be in our hands going into the final game. Many ifs there! A stronger more confident Airdrie side would help us. Conversely for Falkirk Cove dropping any points in the last 4 games would almost seal it

10 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

18 league game season would make for an interesting last 4 games and to be honest I'd almost prefer that too. We have Clyde (A), Dumbarton (H), Falkirk (H) and Montrose (A).

From a Cove perspective I'm hoping we can get into a position that if we pick up 3 points at Balmoral against you the destiny would be in our hands going into the final game. Many ifs there! A stronger more confident Airdrie side would help us. Conversely for Falkirk Cove dropping any points in the last 4 games would almost seal it

In an 18 game season, I'd have you as slight favourites going into the last 2 games with the current 4 point gap. We look nervous & ready to bottle it.

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

In an 18 game season, I'd have you as slight favourites going into the last 2 games with the current 4 point gap. We look nervous & ready to bottle it.

I think we might need to be within 2 points with 2 games to go in an 18 game scenario to have a chance. By the looks of it we are looking like 22 game season remarkably

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Thanks again for Todorov. Some finisher.

Find this obsession in letting us know about Todorov weekly quite bizarre. He never left as a hate figure, no one ever slated him or wanted him out the door. He just literally never got the chance. Message these to “Sugar” Ray McKinnon instead, plz.x