The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, Russ said:

Just as we’re talking about him I thought I’d check the team he put out for his last game in charge the pummelling from Queens.

Leo Fasan

Aaron Muirhead
Scott Harrison
Tom Dallison
Jordan McGhee

Tom Owen Evans
Paul Paton
Andy Irving
Marc Russell

Marcus Haber
Dennon Lewis

As shite as we are now that right there is an absolutely hoaching team.

I'd have any of those four defenders at centre back before either of The Chuckle Brothers. Not much between Durnan and Harrison tbf but all are miles ahead of Hall.

Guest Ecosse83
8 hours ago, Russ said:

Just as we’re talking about him I thought I’d check the team he put out for his last game in charge the pummelling from Queens.

Leo Fasan

Aaron Muirhead
Scott Harrison
Tom Dallison
Jordan McGhee

Tom Owen Evans
Paul Paton
Andy Irving
Marc Russell

Marcus Haber
Dennon Lewis

As shite as we are now that right there is an absolutely hoaching team.

Bring back Muirhead to play right back at least he had the legs to get up the fecking Park! 🤣🙈

Ben Hall and Mark Durnan or Scott Harrison and Tom Dallison, discuss.

I said on the match thread the other night that Harrison is better than Hall and I stick by that. Hall and Dallison are probably similar levels of shite though. A centre back pairing of them would be the weakest in history.

Miller and McCracken getting a long break at the perfect time (we had turned to shit) to organise, come up with a game plan, potential signings etc and failing to adequately do so should be the tin lid on their management careers, but if Holt hasn't had long enough, and has enough about him to get it sorted he can GTF aswell.

He won't want to be managing the team over their heads, but surely to f**k he can try to address the glaring failures that have followed us through the enforced break

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Miller and McCracken getting a long break at the perfect time (we had turned to shit) to organise, come up with a game plan, potential signings etc and failing to adequately do so should be the tin lid on their management careers, but if Holt hasn't had long enough, and has enough about him to get it sorted he can GTF aswell.

He won't want to be managing the team over their heads, but surely to f**k he can try to address the glaring failures that have followed us through the enforced break

In his first game we were 3-0 up at Hampden against Hibs. In the second half he stood not knowing what to do as Hibs came back to beat us 4-3. Alex Smith was in the stand and knew what needed to be done but he didn't want to undermine the new manager.

Holt should be thinking about that right now. Sitting back because you're afraid to upset the manager (s) was bad for the club before and it's bad now. The club comes first.

Unless of course Holt doesn't know what to do. Again. 

I think we'd do a lot better if all of our players were actually fit. Wouldn't mind the below set up and would be confident we would put on some decent performances. 

Mutch

Neilson  Miller  dixon  kelly

Morrison  gomis Alston connolly

Dowds   keena

I think we'd do a lot better if all of our players were actually fit. Wouldn't mind the below set up and would be confident we would put on some decent performances. 
                    Mutch
Neilson  Miller  dixon  kelly
Morrison  gomis Alston connolly
             Dowds   keena

I think we would do a lot better if we had a manager actually fit to do the job

12 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

This was our CEO at the time Craig Campbell's great idea , his horrendously executed version of the Brentford Model. Hartley hadn't even seen these duds play.  

The fact that Hartley hasn't done anything like this before or since speaks volumes - it wasn't his idea.

A lot of fans were crying out for us to explore the English market because of Houston’s “lazy” signings. It obviously got out of hand and without any quality control but still important to remember.

40 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

A lot of fans were crying out for us to explore the English market because of Houston’s “lazy” signings. It obviously got out of hand and without any quality control but still important to remember.

The fans are just sick of the product on the park and in my opinion the real problem is caused by TOO MANY CHIEFS  with different agendas and it doesn’t look like any of them are going anywhere soon . The MSG still own the club and ultimately call the shots. The new board are just the latest set of puppets and the Rawlings involvement although welcome is more about tiding  us over until the fans are asked to bale out the MSG by buying the majority of the shares at an inflated price  . NOTE the shares are worth hee haw and always will be  . Add to that a director of football 2 managers  4 accountants and about 8 players who never get a game and you can see why a succession of managers fail to deliver . Gary Deans seems like a good guy and he probably knows the issue is we need more direct leadership on and off the park but what can he do . The whole thing has been a clusterfcjk for ten years now and pep Miller and David guadioli playing one up front to drag out part time Dumbarton whilst our team of dads army creaks up the park at a snails pace was laughable. Please please let’s give youth and attacking play a go for the sake of our sanity , the thought of watching Hartley and his Faither  in law overtake us would be unbearable. My advice to the MSG is give us a fkn break - just go and accept you’ve lost your cash - investing in Scottish fitba was stupid donating was laudable . 

The fans are just sick of the product on the park and in my opinion the real problem is caused by TOO MANY CHIEFS  with different agendas and it doesn’t look like any of them are going anywhere soon . The MSG still own the club and ultimately call the shots. The new board are just the latest set of puppets and the Rawlings involvement although welcome is more about tiding  us over until the fans are asked to bale out the MSG by buying the majority of the shares at an inflated price  . NOTE the shares are worth hee haw and always will be  . Add to that a director of football 2 managers  4 accountants and about 8 players who never get a game and you can see why a succession of managers fail to deliver . Gary Deans seems like a good guy and he probably knows the issue is we need more direct leadership on and off the park but what can he do . The whole thing has been a clusterfcjk for ten years now and pep Miller and David guadioli playing one up front to drag out part time Dumbarton whilst our team of dads army creaks up the park at a snails pace was laughable. Please please let’s give youth and attacking play a go for the sake of our sanity , the thought of watching Hartley and his Faither  in law overtake us would be unbearable. My advice to the MSG is give us a fkn break - just go and accept you’ve lost your cash - investing in Scottish fitba was stupid donating was laudable . 

The SA EGM quote:

“If people are boycotting because of the MSG then they are not going to be here for a while because MSG are going nowhere”

Now all they have done is sell 26% of the club to the Rawlins in effect creating MSG2. Even if the fans were to buy every single share left to buy the fans can only max out at 40% of the club. However even that figure will never be reached because Rawlins has committed to buy at least another 19%.

I have no issue with the Rawlins coming in but let’s stop the pish coming from the Boardroom about fans representation. It is a waste of fans money buying shares now as it will never get to a meaningful level to give proper influence.

The Board have blocked local representation as they would not release any more than the ex-MSG shares now. There is no point anyone wasting money on these extra shares as it will be no more than a donation now. The power will stick will MR, SA and the other two ex-MSG backed by the Rawlins because they need these guys to ensure they can control the direction of the club.

It may not be a bad thing however stop trying to con the fans out of money

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm not sticking up for M&M here but the long break has made it more difficult for every manager. Partick have had two players who have returned to parent club due to the unknown if our league would restart, zoom calls do not give anyone a head start and the transfer market being a 2 week window after the main window closed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holt has had an influence, M&M shat the bed against Raith but overall it was 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 at the start of their management, never 4-5-1 against Dumbarton Forfar types.

19 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

He was actually quite good tbf. I think we took more points than anyone else in the league after January (bar maybe 1 or 2 less than champions St Mirren) as his signings were generally on the money (must have shipped out around 12 players and brought in 8, though mainly on loan), football was decent overall, some memorable games such as the 6-1 demolition of Dundee Utd.

ETA: Took 44 points from 29 matches overall, and after January probably only lost a couple of games 

The Houston squad he was left with wasn't that bad though so it wasn't exactly some miracle turnaround. And don't get me wrong, we had some horror shows under him as well - like away at Dundee Utd where we decided not to attack and were still 3-0 down at half time.

On the whole though we were fairly confident going in to the following season before everything went so spectacularly to shit... 

We were classic rollercoaster under Hartley, majority of us were expecting to end the first season with 7 without a win.

We dominated 3 games the other wins were sneaked victories, the classic QoS win we were unplayable 3 up first half and could've lost it 2nd half and should have.

14 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The fact that Hartley hasn't done anything like this before or since speaks volumes - it wasn't his idea.

Sorry don't buy that....... A scout/agent he had used before and introduced him to us is definitely his idea.

Going around various pubs supporters club suggesting we are aiming for promotion, we have signed great players from England is up there with Kenny Rogers spiel.

No manager would sign a full squad at our level or championship without an idea of the players ability. The turnover of players at Dundee suggests similar happened but he had a core of decent players to ride it out until his demise.

He assembled the worst squad that Falkirk will ever have in my lifetime, probably beyond. We were the laughing stock in all parts of national media whilst in the 2nd tier.

To top it off he was a c#nt too

Sorry don't buy that....... A scout/agent he had used before and introduced him to us is definitely his idea.
Going around various pubs supporters club suggesting we are aiming for promotion, we have signed great players from England is up there with Kenny Rogers spiel.
No manager would sign a full squad at our level or championship without an idea of the players ability. The turnover of players at Dundee suggests similar happened but he had a core of decent players to ride it out until his demise.
He assembled the worst squad that Falkirk will ever have in my lifetime, probably beyond. We were the laughing stock in all parts of national media whilst in the 2nd tier.
To top it off he was a c#nt too

I’m not sticking up for M&M but..............

They are grown men. If they have had influence from Holt and don’t agree with him tell him to f**k off and sack us if the results are not going our way if they didn’t agree. 100% this is their plan no one else’s

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

The SA EGM quote:

“If people are boycotting because of the MSG then they are not going to be here for a while because MSG are going nowhere”

Now all they have done is sell 26% of the club to the Rawlins in effect creating MSG2. Even if the fans were to buy every single share left to buy the fans can only max out at 40% of the club. However even that figure will never be reached because Rawlins has committed to buy at least another 19%.

I have no issue with the Rawlins coming in but let’s stop the pish coming from the Boardroom about fans representation. It is a waste of fans money buying shares now as it will never get to a meaningful level to give proper influence.

The Board have blocked local representation as they would not release any more than the ex-MSG shares now. There is no point anyone wasting money on these extra shares as it will be no more than a donation now. The power will stick will MR, SA and the other two ex-MSG backed by the Rawlins because they need these guys to ensure they can control the direction of the club.

It may not be a bad thing however stop trying to con the fans out of money

The share issue is new money in to the club and another way of supporting the club through a global pandemic.

I'm buying anyway, will have these shares long after SA and the Rawlins have gone so don't see it as a con!

The share issue is new money in to the club and another way of supporting the club through a global pandemic.
I'm buying anyway, will have these shares long after SA and the Rawlins have gone so don't see it as a con!

Ok, maybe I should have said the con is buying shares and expecting real influence because they are selling that myth to the fans group

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

The SA EGM quote:

I must have almost 40 years on those two arrogant old pr!cks Alexander and Ritchie. I’ve not given them a dime for nearly 2 years...I’ll happily play the waiting game for as long as it takes.