The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

With no crowds the BOD won't be getting the message about how much the fans want M & M to go. Anybody else fancy investing in one of these?

CE.jpg.png

Problem is it would make them worry even more and encourage more shitebag tactics as they try desperately not to lose. 

41 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

With no crowds the BOD won't be getting the message about how much the fans want M & M to go. Anybody else fancy investing in one of these?

CE.jpg.png

Great idea, but two issues spring to mind, boss. The first being that far too many fanboys are still heavily invested in “big sexy” and “Cracks”. Such is their obsessed delusion, they genuinely believe the Club is in a stronger position under these two fu*king idiots than it was under McKinnon or Hartley. I’d have either of them back tomorrow ahead of these goons.

Secondly, the BOD don’t give a f*ck what the fans want regardless of whether we’re in the ground or not. Nothing has changed on that front. They are far too arrogant and/or foolish to take note of what us peasants want. I’m quite sure if he was asked, the bold Gary Deans would tell us all what a wonderful job Dumb and Dumber are doing and how the Club fully supports them.

I fear we need to hit rock bottom before things will even begin to get any better. And by rock bottom, I’m talking about making a Roger Hunt of promotion this season.

2 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Great idea, but two issues spring to mind, boss. The first being that far too many fanboys are still heavily invested in “big sexy” and “Cracks”. Such is their obsessed delusion, they genuinely believe the Club is in a stronger position under these two fu*king idiots than it was under McKinnon or Hartley. I’d have either of them back tomorrow ahead of these goons.

Secondly, the BOD don’t give a f*ck what the fans want regardless of whether we’re in the ground or not. Nothing has changed on that front. They are far too arrogant and/or foolish to take note of what us peasants want. I’m quite sure if he was asked, the bold Gary Deans would tell us all what a wonderful job Dumb and Dumber are doing and how the Club fully supports them.

I fear we need to hit rock bottom before things will even begin to get any better. And by rock bottom, I’m talking about making a Roger Hunt of promotion this season.

I wouldn't quite go that far. Hartley was an ok coach/ manager (demonstrated by his first 6 months at the club), but that summer the recruitment has got to be the worst transfer window we've ever had, in my time watching Falkirk anyway. He was also greasy as f**k. Time is a great healer, so worth remembering the absolute symphony of shite he oversaw the signing of: 

1868312207_ScreenShot2021-04-01at16_16_30.thumb.png.430c95a287356de75b34e3455a2b4972.png

As for McKinnon - well, we're 5 points better off under M&M than we were under McKinnon after 14 games last season. In fact, he was emptied immediately after that for a similarly poor draw against Dumbarton. I know it's hardly been stellar progress overall but we're well shot of him.

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I wouldn't quite go that far. Hartley was an ok coach/ manager (demonstrated by his first 6 months at the club), but that summer the recruitment has got to be the worst transfer window we've ever had, in my time watching Falkirk anyway. He was also greasy as f**k. Time is a great healer, so worth remembering the absolute symphony of shite he oversaw the signing of: 

1868312207_ScreenShot2021-04-01at16_16_30.thumb.png.430c95a287356de75b34e3455a2b4972.png

As for McKinnon - well, we're 5 points better off under M&M than we were under McKinnon after 14 games last season. In fact, he was emptied immediately after that for a similarly poor draw against Dumbarton. I know it's hardly been stellar progress overall but we're well shot of him.

Genuinely not trying to make a case for McKinnon or Hartley’s tenure at the Club, but I’d absolutely have either of them ahead of these two donuts. That’s how little I think of them.

Hartley should never have got a job in football again nevermind back at us. If our manager's ever field at team that should be at least 4 down at home at half time v forfar or can't get out their own half like v Queen of the south fair enough but to compare Miller/Mccracken, McKinnon, Houston, Presley, Yogi or even Eddie May to what Hartley did with us is a joke.

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Hartley should never have got a job in football again nevermind back at us. If our manager's ever field at team that should be at least 4 down at home at half time v forfar or can't get out their own half like v Queen of the south fair enough but to compare Miller/Mccracken, McKinnon, Houston, Presley, Yogi or even Eddie May to what Hartley did with us is a joke.

Mon now. Before you, Hartley had 3 promotions to his name, a top 6 top flight finish and 1 disaster of a season. He then had a further 6 decent month for you before he bizarrely decided to base his transfer policy on some English scout's recommendations which goes against everything he'd done before and since in his managerial career.

He had an absolute nightmare in charge of you, granted, but overall, he's still one of the more successful managers in Scottish football right now.

He's in his 10th season in management and added another promotion and currently in a promotion push since you lot.

So he's arguably had 8 very good to decent seasons and 2 horror showings. I'd say that's better than your average Scottish manager tbf.

6 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Smith was really vocal with us.  At smaller grounds, all you could pretty much hear was "Fucking get it forward"

Opposite with us. Arms folder or in pockets as seen here:

Barry Smith's Dundee future in the balance? - Sports Mole

image.jpeg.525ab8c5fa981e53a7372a74729bb9cc.jpeg

Dundee boss Barry Smith facing baptism of fire - Daily Record

Dundee part company with manager Barry Smith - BBC SportLong way to go for Dundee says manager Barry Smith - BBC Sport

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Taken straight from the Barry Smith tank bank on your phone I assume.

Close.

Google results from his name + Dundee.

Also, tank bank?

Edited by Ludo*1

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

he's still one of the more successful managers in Scottish football right now.

That just shows how appalling the standard of managers in Scotland is. The vast majority of mangers in Scotland set up to not lose and repeat the same sh#te as each other in post-match interviews - all managers are reading from the Scottish managers handbook at the moment. The likes of Jack Dross or Derek McIness at Aberdeen, just set up with the same negative formation and tactics, and seem to watch a different game to everyone else. 

24 minutes ago, MS RR said:

That just shows how appalling the standard of managers in Scotland is. The vast majority of mangers in Scotland set up to not lose and repeat the same sh#te as each other in post-match interviews - all managers are reading from the Scottish managers handbook at the moment. The likes of Jack Dross or Derek McIness at Aberdeen, just set up with the same negative formation and tactics, and seem to watch a different game to everyone else. 

What was Hartley like in that initial 6 month spell before he went crazy? He seemed to have a complete disregard for the defending side of the game whilst at Dens.

Meant we were awesome to watch at times, but more often than not, when we got beat it was a fucking hiding.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

What was Hartley like in that initial 6 month spell before he went crazy? He seemed to have a complete disregard for the defending side of the game whilst at Dens.

Meant we were awesome to watch at times, but more often than not, when we got beat it was a fucking hiding.

He was actually quite good tbf. I think we took more points than anyone else in the league after January (bar maybe 1 or 2 less than champions St Mirren) as his signings were generally on the money (must have shipped out around 12 players and brought in 8, though mainly on loan), football was decent overall, some memorable games such as the 6-1 demolition of Dundee Utd.

ETA: Took 44 points from 29 matches overall, and after January probably only lost a couple of games 

The Houston squad he was left with wasn't that bad though so it wasn't exactly some miracle turnaround. And don't get me wrong, we had some horror shows under him as well - like away at Dundee Utd where we decided not to attack and were still 3-0 down at half time.

On the whole though we were fairly confident going in to the following season before everything went so spectacularly to shit... 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Just as we’re talking about him I thought I’d check the team he put out for his last game in charge the pummelling from Queens.

Leo Fasan

Aaron Muirhead
Scott Harrison
Tom Dallison
Jordan McGhee

Tom Owen Evans
Paul Paton
Andy Irving
Marc Russell

Marcus Haber
Dennon Lewis

As shite as we are now that right there is an absolutely hoaching team.

31 minutes ago, Russ said:

Just as we’re talking about him I thought I’d check the team he put out for his last game in charge the pummelling from Queens.

Leo Fasan

Aaron Muirhead
Scott Harrison
Tom Dallison
Jordan McGhee

Tom Owen Evans
Paul Paton
Andy Irving
Marc Russell

Marcus Haber
Dennon Lewis

As shite as we are now that right there is an absolutely hoaching team.

Ben Hall and Mark Durnan or Scott Harrison and Tom Dallison, discuss.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Mon now. Before you, Hartley had 3 promotions to his name, a top 6 top flight finish and 1 disaster of a season. He then had a further 6 decent month for you before he bizarrely decided to base his transfer policy on some English scout's recommendations which goes against everything he'd done before and since in his managerial career.

He had an absolute nightmare in charge of you, granted, but overall, he's still one of the more successful managers in Scottish football right now.

He's in his 10th season in management and added another promotion and currently in a promotion push since you lot.

So he's arguably had 8 very good to decent seasons and 2 horror showings. I'd say that's better than your average Scottish manager tbf.

This was our CEO at the time Craig Campbell's great idea , his horrendously executed version of the Brentford Model. Hartley hadn't even seen these duds play.  

The fact that Hartley hasn't done anything like this before or since speaks volumes - it wasn't his idea.

Just read the summing up on Dumbarton 0-1 Airdrie from last night from stalwart Jan Vojacek... "the least entertaining Sons side he's ever seen" is among other damning - and perceptive - appraisals of where Dumbarton currently sit.

Apart from how remarkably easy it was to read Jan's comments and see "Duffy" but think "Miller&McCracken", one of the main points that sticks out is how utterly impotent a goal threat Dumbarton are.  So, to put Falkirk's 'efforts' and our co-manager's brand of 'total football' into further perspective, here is Dumbarton's run of League results since we played them in November. 

21 Nov L 0-1;  24 Nov L 0-3;  5 Dec D 0-0;  12 Dec w 1-0;  19 Dec L 0-4;  20 Mar L 0-1;  30 Mar D 1-1;   1 Apr L 0-1.  

Eight League games. One win. 6 blanks. A grand total of 2 goals, of which - naturally - 1 is against us . 

So, on reflection, how should M & M have approached a home game against such a tricky opponent?  Probably best to play a back 4, keep the full-backs back in defence, a holding mid-fielder is essential, and definitely one up front, because that's how the big teams play.  Yeah, that'll do it.   Fecking idiots.