The Falkirk FC Thread

Todd was a decent player but spent the majority of his time here on the treatment table. Did fine when he was in the team, but never managed to hold down a regular place. Real similarities between him and McKee and McShane. Felt sorry for him this season where M&M came up with the hilarious idea to play him at LM. Will probably do fine at Ayr 

Out his depth in league one this season so God knows what Ayr see in him. No pace, no dig , finishing crap. Not sure of any positive attributes.

Probably see the fact that he was actually pretty good in the Championship for QOS.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Probably see the fact that he was actually pretty good in the Championship for QOS.

One decent season.at champ level where he only got 5 goals. Apart from that he's been murder at any level above league 2.He's hardly been fit since then and when he has been fit he's been dreadful and our midfield isn't great at the best of times.  One of the slowest footballers I've ever seen .  Hopefully.we can use his wage to get someone half decent in.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Todd was a decent player but spent the majority of his time here on the treatment table. Did fine when he was in the team, but never managed to hold down a regular place. Real similarities between him and McKee and McShane. Felt sorry for him this season where M&M came up with the hilarious idea to play him at LM. Will probably do fine at Ayr 

Come on he didn't do fine when he was in the team. He's supposed to be an attacking midfielder but he's never looked like scoring apart from missing a couple of complete sitters.  He's 26 and yet he runs like he's 56.

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Did he? Must have missed that. Spent most of his time here on the treatment table and the few times he did make it on to the pitch he offered precious little. Unbelievable lack of pace and mobility. In his final few appearances in particular, he had become an absolute passenger. Injuries clearly taken their toll. Incredible that Ayr have decided to bring him in on the back of losing Smith. The loan window closes on Wednesday and we could really do with adding some attacking threat to our team. A striker who can actually score a goal would not go amiss either.

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Did he? Must have missed that. Spent most of his time here on the treatment table and the few times he did make it on to the pitch he offered precious little. Unbelievable lack of pace and mobility. In his final few appearances in particular, he had become an absolute passenger. Injuries clearly taken their toll. Incredible that Ayr have decided to bring him in on the back of losing Smith. The loan window closes on Wednesday and we could really do with adding some attacking threat to our team. A striker who can actually score a goal would not go amiss either.

Smith has loads of energy and a bit of pace  with a good goal threat in fact everything Todd hasn't got.😂

10 minutes ago, AGPar said:

The only strikers we can get on loan right now are going to be untried youngsters and the majority of the promising ones have already been snapped up. Mebude to QOS, Hamilton to Arbroath, Gullan to Raith. The only other option I can see is asking Dundee if we can have Jakubiak for the rest of the season to get him back up to scratch but I don't even know if he's still out injured or if he just can't get back into the squad.

11 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I genuinely can't picture him on the field for us and I probably couldn't tell you who he was if i passed him in the street. A waste of a wage so its good to be rid of him. Astounded that he is moving up a level. 

I’m not that surprised that he’s went up a level when you look at some of our rejects that play in a league above us. Just goes to show the poor standard of the Championship. 

Guest Peter LaFleur

Josh Todd would have contributed absolutely f**k all between now and the end of the season. Great piece of work to get him off the wage bill.

1 minute ago, matthew1876 said:

I’m not that surprised that he’s went up a level when you look at some of our rejects that play in a league above us. Just goes to show the poor standard of the Championship. 

Was thinking this earlier - as much as it's a riddy that we are down here, the quality in the championship is just as bad. Assuming we're going back up we should be aiming for top 3 minimum.

2 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Looks like Todd is away to join Hopkin

Wonder how much we got for him?:huh:

I remember a brilliant bit of play from him in an early appearance when he deftly flicked the ball over a defenders leg to give himself a run at goal. Fell and hurt his shoulder in the same move and has been anonymous or unavailable ever since.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Wonder how much we got for him?:huh:

I remember a brilliant bit of play from him in an early appearance when he deftly flicked the ball over a defenders leg to give himself a run at goal. Fell and hurt his shoulder in the same move and has been anonymous or unavailable ever since.

More like how much we're paying them to take him on loan?

I actually thought Todd looked ok in a couple of the games he played immediately after signing before Covid (before he got injured - again). However, any appearance he's made this season he looked like he was running through treacle. Agree with others that I think injuries may be beginning to take their toll.

26 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I genuinely can't picture him on the field for us and I probably couldn't tell you who he was if i passed him in the street. A waste of a wage so its good to be rid of him. Astounded that he is moving up a level. 

Up a league but down a level, surely?

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I actually thought Todd looked ok in a couple of the games he played immediately after signing before Covid (before he got injured - again). However, any appearance he's made this season he looked like he was running through treacle. Agree with others that I think injuries may be beginning to take their toll.

He was God awful in that terrible draw down at Stranraer .