The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

Take away the split for a minute and looking at our remaining games. We must beat Dumbarton, Clyde and Peterhead. If we do that we can treat the two “harder” games as must not lose at Airdrie and Cove. 

Think on form Aidrie is must win too, Cove away the only game that’s probably a must not lose. 

Take away the split for a minute and looking at our remaining games. We must beat Dumbarton, Clyde and Peterhead. If we do that we can treat the two “harder” games as must not lose at Airdrie and Cove. 

Look at the table.
Peterhead away last game could be tough as they are in serious contention for promotion play offs.
I’m not sure we can take anyone for granted at this point. Today was a real bonus in terms of ease.
Three wins out of three on return for the maligned management team.....

11 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Peterhead looks a tougher game than Airdrie at the moment.

I think it will be 22 games. Thistle are out main competition and we will probably need to go to Firhill after the split. Plenty still to play for.

Edited by Marshmallo

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I think it will be 22 games. Thistle are out main competition and we will probably need to go to Firhill after the split. Plenty still to play for.

Problem with Airdrie is it doesn't matter how they are playing they still seem to be able to turn us over. The last game they were in stinking form and still beat us.

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Partick haven't been able to buy a goal all season and put 4 past Airdrie today, a team we really struggled against

In fact the only game aside from the 0-0 draw against Partick we failed to score in.  Funny old game football 

Tiffoney is a cracking signing for them. I expect them to go on a run now.

34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How many loan players have Partick had this season. Seems to.be ones coming and going on a regular basis.

Currently 6, but in total I believe we’ve had 12. Which is a bit of a mess.

We originally had Declan Glass, who tore his ACL and returned to Dundee United. He was then replaced with Blair Spittal, but he was recalled by County because Yogi wanted to play him. We then loaned Declan McDaid in January but before L1/2 fixtures could even resume he was recalled to start for Dundee.

Finally this cursed ‘all round attacking player’ role has been filled by Scott Tiffoney who looks very good.

21 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Currently 6, but in total I believe we’ve had 12. Which is a bit of a mess.

We originally had Declan Glass, who tore his ACL and returned to Dundee United. He was then replaced with Blair Spittal, but he was recalled by County because Yogi wanted to play him. We then loaned Declan McDaid in January but before L1/2 fixtures could even resume he was recalled to start for Dundee.

Finally this cursed ‘all round attacking player’ role has been filled by Scott Tiffoney who looks very good.

Aye seems.like a bit of a dog's dinner. You had .the rangers boy divine who I'd heard is an excellent prospect but he only seemed to last a few weeks.  I suppose out of 12 the odds were on McCall getting one right eventually.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye seems.like a bit of a dog's dinner. You had .the rangers boy divine who I'd heard is an excellent prospect but he only seemed to last a few weeks.  I suppose out of 12 the odds were on McCall getting one right eventually.

Yep, he was a strange one in the first place because he was the 4th player signed who could play RB.

He was punted as soon as McCall realised he could bring in Tiffoney.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Agreed Peterhead is a tough game but if Stenny are going up there and winning so should we. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

O'Hara breaking his scoring drought tonight I see.  Still has struggled to get much game time. McManus on the bench only scored 1 in his last 12. Championship level is just that bit much for him in goalscoring terms.

Get him back for the run in and put this league to bed.

Guest Peter LaFleur
13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I hope you mean McManus. Would take him back in a minute but can't see it happening.

Aye, McManus.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

O'Hara breaking his scoring drought tonight I see.  Still has struggled to get much game time. McManus on the bench only scored 1 in his last 12. Championship level is just that bit much for him in goalscoring terms.

Someone on radio today was saying that Boyce from Hearts is the only player in the Championship into double figures for goals.