The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Don't think they played in the same side in fact I think it was the money from selling Allen that allowed them to sign mcginn and  get Henderson on loan.

Yeah i've checked back through the archives and you are spot on. I see Dundermline have just signed Ewan Henderson on loan as well. Be interesting to see how he does as he's highly rated at Celtic.

Guest Peter LaFleur
6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah i've checked back through the archives and you are spot on. I see Dundermline have just signed Ewan Henderson on loan as well. Be interesting to see how he does as he's highly rated at Celtic.

You’ll maybe be thinking of John McGinn. I agree that I always thought Henderson was the better player against us. Fair play to McGinn though, has done brilliantly.

17 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

You’ll maybe be thinking of John McGinn. I agree that I always thought Henderson was the better player against us. Fair play to McGinn though, has done brilliantly.

Henderson’s brother has just signed for Dunfermline on loan. I’d have thought given the league is over Celtic might have given him some game time. 

55 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Henderson’s brother has just signed for Dunfermline on loan. I’d have thought given the league is over Celtic might have given him some game time. 

He's the kind of of guy we're crying out for.  Shame we're stuck in.the seaside leagues.

3 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Can’t believe Neilson has been dropped. 

Why?

We’re playing a young, hungry right back with a great engine in him in a game where width and attacking wingbacks will be a crucial against a team playing 10 men behind the ball. 

Oh wait no, we’ve got Gary Miller. Ffs

The only defender to keep his place from Tuesday is the one who just about cost us multiple goals [emoji23]

Incredible to watch that performance and think he’s worth another start. Particularly when we’ve got 4 other players that can play there in the squad.

Reckon the only reason Leitch has been dropped is because both Telfer and Fotherigham scoffed midweek. If Telfer doesn’t contribute to a goal today he’s on the bench next week.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hindsight? I said at the time it was a dreadful decision and I certainly haven't changed my mind since. An academy is a serious asset but it can't work on its own. Doesn't matter how good your young players are coming through if you surround them with shit senior signings like Pressley did for years.   Our budget will always be limited . An academy allows you to perform above that by producing a standard of player you couldnt normally afford and providing finance to allow you to sign players normally out with your budget.It was not the reason we hadn't been promoted to the top flight by any means. It provided extra cash to the managers budget and some excellent talent . It wasn't the academy's fault that manager after manager spent that cash on dross.  With the right manager in place , the right senior recruitment in place and an academy providing good young players for the first team and extra cash for the budget that's how you get into the top flight and stay there. St Johnstone have been doing it for years.

Aye hindsight. For if it had succeeded would you still be moaning about not having an academy? Well probably aye because that's all you ever do. 

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Aye hindsight. For if it had succeeded would you still be moaning about not having an academy? Well probably aye because that's all you ever do. 

Yes because the bloomin academy wasn't what was stopping us get promotion.  Teams like st Mirren managed to go up fine  on a budget no bigger than ours keeping their academy so why we thought it was albatross round our necks that was keeping us out the top flight I and a number of others will never know.

Incredible to watch that performance and think he’s worth another start. Particularly when we’ve got 4 other players that can play there in the squad.

Reckon the only reason Leitch has been dropped is because both Telfer and Fotherigham scoffed midweek. If Telfer doesn’t contribute to a goal today he’s on the bench next week.
More of this please.

Same again against Dumbarton. Must take the 3 points against these weaker sides. Cove play Airdrie and Montrose play East Fife so.that should weed out even more of the challengers. Don't have much hope of forfar getting anything at Partick though.

If the season ends at 18 games (lots of league 1 clubs in Scottish cup hat makes it even more of a possibility) I’m going to stick my neck out and say all we actually need to do is beat dumbarton and we’re there. Would give us 30 points and a much better GD than anyone else. Cove would need 10 points from 5 games (definitely doable but everyone’s taking points off everyone else). Partick would need 4 wins out of 6. Again doable but have they showed anything like that form yet? Could be unassailable soon enough.  

Just now, bairn88 said:

If the season ends at 18 games (lots of league 1 clubs in Scottish cup hat makes it even more of a possibility) I’m going to stick my neck out and say all we actually need to do is beat dumbarton and we’re there. Would give us 30 points and a much better GD than anyone else. Cove would need 10 points from 5 games (definitely doable but everyone’s taking points off everyone else). Partick would need 4 wins out of 6. Again doable but have they showed anything like that form yet? Could be unassailable soon enough.  

7 more points and we will be fine I think.

It’ll be 22 games I reckon...

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

It’ll be 22 games I reckon...

A lot has to go “right” for the league to get to 22. Really only 1 thing has to go “wrong” for it to be 18. With every passing day tho the chances of 22 do increase