The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Absolutely agree, got this spot on feel for Laverty, can’t even get into a second eleven 

Clearly just there as a sign of good will after the injury he had but surely we should have been looking to pop him out on loan for his development. Same with Sneddon if he's getting nowhere near the first team get him out playing games elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Team for Saturday 

Mutch

Neilson   Durnan   Dixon  Leveny 

Alston Telfer Gomis 

Morrison Keena  Naismith 

Don't think Leveny or Naismith will play, but you never know!

Just now, Peter LaFleur said:

Mutch

Neilson Durnan Dixon Deveney

Morrison Gomis Telfer Fotheringham

Dowds Keena

Exactly what I was going to post. Telfer can pick teams apart and gets on the ball a lot more than Alston or Leitch do. 

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

At 22 he's a terrific prospect, young goalkeepers are always going to make mistakes and those mistakes are usually costly. We're lucky still to have him.

Never realised he was so young still. Get him on a 13 year deal ASAP.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

@Shadwell Dog Can you point out some of the negatives from tonights performance we're a bit one sided in here?

Hall was honking I've got to say. Felt sorry for the youngsters playing beside him.  Didn't think leitch did anything to keep his place no idea what m and m see in him. Francis the pass to telfer apart was pretty anonymous.  A win with an understrength side though was a major bonus.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Hall was honking I've got to say. Felt sorry for the youngsters playing beside him.  Didn't think leitch did anything to keep his place no idea what m and m see in him. Francis the pass to telfer apart was pretty anonymous.  A win with an understrength side though was a major bonus.

Cheers mate, knew we could count on you. Neilson better than Mercer or Miller yet? Fotheringham delivering the goods enough for you?

Guest Peter LaFleur

Telfer has to start on Saturday. He brings so much more to the team than both Alston and Leitch put together.
Dowds and Neilson also both done enough for me to be considered for a starting 11 slot for Saturday. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Telfer has to start on Saturday. He brings so much more to the team than both Alston and Leitch put together.
Dowds and Neilson also both done enough for me to be considered for a starting 11 slot for Saturday. 

There was a time, not so long ago, when a few posters were declaring him the biggest waste of a wage at the club.

Sometimes making rash decisions is not the correct answer....

(Except on here 😁)

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Cheers mate, knew we could count on you. Neilson better than Mercer or Miller yet? Fotheringham delivering the goods enough for you?

I thought neilson did ok. Fotheringham finished well but needs more game time to show what he can do.  Second half was a real struggle to watch. We were a bit fortunate that Arbroath missed a couple of decent chances. Still would be a major disaster if Keena got crocked and we had to rely on Sammon etc.

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

There was a time, not so long ago, when a few posters were declaring him the biggest waste of a wage at the club.

Sometimes making rash decisions is not the correct answer....

(Except on here 😁)

It’s called playing players on current form... Telfer has done more than enough this season to justify playing ahead of Leitch and Alston.

Edited by Peter LaFleur