The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

That's the kind of thing you see basket case clubs do who have some deranged chairman. If they win the title then they deserve a shot at the Championship. That would be the case for literally any manager.

It would also make the position much less appealing if we are getting rid of title winning managers.

I'm sure we'd all be rushing to watch the side next season with those two cretins still in charge. If they can't produce some decent performances and some entertainment when they've got a huge budget advantage over 8 of the other 9 sides in the league then God knows what they'll be like on a far more level playing field. I dread to think.  More Francis's , Todd's and da vita's incoming. I can't wait.

5 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

£20k a pittance?

Would pretty much cover your entire outlay on Covid Testing for the season. 

It's a pittance compared to what we would see had there been fans in the stadium is generally what everyone's getting at. I'd rather see us use it to bleed in the youngsters we've just loaned.

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Get the spine of the side sorted. Goalkeeper - 2 x center backs - 2 x midfielders - 2 x forwards then the rest is build on these players attributes and weaknesses.

So who can we say can cut it on displays, age etc in a higher league Mutch - Miller G - Morrison harsh but its true. Think Dixon could be in there but will be a year older.

Jury is out on the rest of the squad.

Lot of work to be done to challenge for promotion. Just staying up ain't a good enough target to set.

If we go up there's a big overhaul of players needed that's for sure but that's what Gary Holt's been brought in to look at so we'll see what he comes up with this summer. M&M stuck with a lot of last years failures and if we go up this season then that could be seen as the right call. They stated that they wanted to keep a core group of players together rather than rebuilding from scratch again for the third season in a row. Hopefully if we go up they'll already know a lot of the current squad aren't capable of making the step up if we want to challenge for promotion again.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm sure we'd all be rushing to watch the side next season with those two cretins still in charge. If they can't produce some decent performances and some entertainment when they've got a huge budget advantage over 8 of the other 9 sides in the league then God knows what they'll be like on a far more level playing field. I dread to think.  More Francis's , Todd's and da vita's incoming. I can't wait.

I'm by no means defending the performances or signings, but they are duds who are presumably on a lot less than the predecessors who got us relegated in the 1st place who were just as bad if not worse. I really don't see them being with us in the championship.

If we are in the bottom 2 come December and still turgid to watch then I would see us chucking them but I'd give them the opportunity to prove themselves over the summer with the assumption next season will be a normal one. 

Guest The Phoenix
10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's a pittance compared to what we would see had there been fans in the stadium is generally what everyone's getting at. I'd rather see us use it to bleed in the youngsters we've just loaned.

Totally agree but I doubt it's £20k easily kissed goodbye to. 

2 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

I'd not be happy if we didn't have the intention of winning the tie. By all means make changes but don't throw the tie away. 

We're 4 points clear in the league and in control of things. Unless we end up in the premiership anytime soon, 20K is never to be sniffed at - especially if beating a team like Arbroath is all that's required.

2 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

It's an easier decision than kissing goodbye to 100k if we had a full stadium for the Celtic game. I'd like to think that with both teams focussing on the league we're likely to see a few changes from Saturday's line ups. How's big Mackin getting on at you lot anyway?

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I'm by no means defending the performances or signings, but they are duds who are presumably on a lot less than the predecessors who got us relegated in the 1st place who were just as bad if not worse. I really don't see them being with us in the championship.

If we are in the bottom 2 come December and still turgid to watch then I would see us chucking them but I'd give them the opportunity to prove themselves over the summer with the assumption next season will be a normal one. 

We've had 3 transfer windows with m and m so far and the results so far have been pretty dreadful. Morrison perhaps Keena if he stays fit could be seen as decent. The rest have been mediocre at best and dreadful at worst.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've had 3 transfer windows with m and m so far and the results so far have been pretty dreadful. Morrison perhaps Keena if he stays fit could be seen as decent. The rest have been mediocre at best and dreadful at worst.

Not denying that at all,  surely part of what Holt is in to address though?

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Just look at Partick's recruitment this season. They've got an experienced manager in Mccall and their recruitment has been argueably worse than ours and we'll be on similar budgets. We've brought in a director of football to try sort out our recruitment issues so we'll see what difference that makes this summer. It's not going to be easy to talk decent players into this level of football regardless of what budget you have. I'd love to see the list of players we were after in the summer but ended up going to championship clubs instead. 

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I appreciate we are in League One so Thistle are an easy comparison, but we should be aiming higher than being the second worst full time team in the country.

If us being the second worst full time team in the country gets us promoted as champions i'll take it. It's not something to be proud of or celebrate but from where we've been the last 3 seasons it's certainly a buiding block. No doubt at all that we need to improve but my point is Mccall is a highly experienced manager one that turned us down when we were on our downfall and he's still making the same transfer mistakes as M&M have. He's still got a team of full time players not playing well and his team aren't even churning out wins. If we go up then obviously all our expectations here are to build a team that can challenge for promotion in the championship but we need to actually get to the championship first before we start doing that.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd like to say on behalf of Scott that we're all glad you found that deal later rather than sooner.

He's 15 now and has spent the last year in his bedroom with high speed wifi and a laptop. Not 100% sure it's all schoolwork he's been doing!

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just look at Partick's recruitment this season. They've got an experienced manager in Mccall and their recruitment has been argueably worse than ours and we'll be on similar budgets. We've brought in a director of football to try sort out our recruitment issues so we'll see what difference that makes this summer. It's not going to be easy to talk decent players into this level of football regardless of what budget you have. I'd love to see the list of players we were after in the summer but ended up going to championship clubs instead. 

We should be thanking our lucky stars that McCall's lost his way and somehow managed to sign worse players than us which is some achievement I've got to say.

11 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Totally agree with this. The squad right now would be sitting somewhere in the middle of that tight championship mid-table pack. Utter dross like Gregor Buchanan and Joe McKee ply their trade in the Championship without a problem. That rotten Arbroath team we eased aside last season finished 5th. If we win the league, a few decent additions and we'd be flirting with the promotion play offs as Raith are this season. To suggest otherwise is hysterical nonsense 

No doubting we were fucking terrible that tie but not really fair to judge off of 2 games surely? We were pretty decent last year, although we grinded out a lot of wins. Completely different style this season, first half of the season woeful with 1 up top. Good few signings in January and only been beat twice in 11, 2 uptop pretty direct team that goes for it now. Even on Saturday v Hearts we done that and unlucky not to win. 

Come on here to see if there was any info about money for getting through and on the TV, £20k????? Is that right 

FWIW we will definitely be making a good few changes I imagine. Trying to stay up is so important 

26 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No doubting we were fucking terrible that tie but not really fair to judge off of 2 games surely? We were pretty decent last year, although we grinded out a lot of wins. Completely different style this season, first half of the season woeful with 1 up top. Good few signings in January and only been beat twice in 11, 2 uptop pretty direct team that goes for it now. Even on Saturday v Hearts we done that and unlucky not to win. 

Come on here to see if there was any info about money for getting through and on the TV, £20k????? Is that right 

FWIW we will definitely be making a good few changes I imagine. Trying to stay up is so important 

I'm hoping we make a good few changes as well. I don't want to lose the game but I'd rather see us test a couple of our new signings and use it to see how Dowds and Keena play together upfront.