The Falkirk FC Thread

So what if Keena & Morrison get injured in a 6-0 drubbing at an empty Celtic Park.
Worth the pittance we will get for getting past Arbroath ?
Not worth the risk this season of all seasons. 

This is the same situation for Arbroath. It is as important for them to remain in the championship like us trying to get out of the L1 but I can’t see Arbroath fielding a weaker team. Football is all about competing I think it is more to do about the fear of going to Celtic Park and getting 6-0 (or more)or more embarrassment. Do you think we would have fielded a weaker team if we were drawn against a championship team in the next round?
We should be able to compete on all fronts.

10 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

This is the same situation for Arbroath. It is as important for them to remain in the championship like us trying to get out of the L1 but I can’t see Arbroath fielding a weaker team. Football is all about competing I think it is more to do about the fear of going to Celtic Park and getting 6-0 (or more)or more embarrassment. Do you think we would have fielded a weaker team if we were drawn against a championship team in the next round?

Not if it adds an extra game to our already manic schedule. I'm not saying go out and lose I'd just rather we rested a few players and gave our new youngsters a chance. We may then still win the game but at least if we don't M&M will have had a chance to look at the newbies.

17 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I really don't understand the tears and snotters on her because some of us are asking for M & M to be binned, even if they get us promoted.

In all walks of life, people find their natural level according to their abilities. I was a successful key account manager for a company that I worked for, looking after some major regional chains, growing the business year on year. However, I wasn't deemed good enough to manage any of our national customers - that's life. You just suck it up and get on with things.

Football is no different. Even if M & M get us promoted, they are not good enough to manage in the Championship, plain and simple, no shame in that. They'll probably pick up a gig at Dumbarton or Forfar or suchlike and do OK, they just aren't good enough for Falkirk in the Championship.

Have you ever seen how M&M manage in the championship? 

If folk thing anything like back to back promotions is on the cards they need their heid checked. For me if they get us promoted they earn their chance to prove themselves and I would be fully supportive of that. If they don’t do well enough then fine bin them, but at least give then a chance FFS.

17 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I really don't understand the tears and snotters on her because some of us are asking for M & M to be binned, even if they get us promoted.

In all walks of life, people find their natural level according to their abilities. I was a successful key account manager for a company that I worked for, looking after some major regional chains, growing the business year on year. However, I wasn't deemed good enough to manage any of our national customers - that's life. You just suck it up and get on with things.

Football is no different. Even if M & M get us promoted, they are not good enough to manage in the Championship, plain and simple, no shame in that. They'll probably pick up a gig at Dumbarton or Forfar or suchlike and do OK, they just aren't good enough for Falkirk in the Championship.

What a load of shite. I'm by no means defending them as the football on display has been shite but both of them are yet to have a full season in management.

If they get us promoted then they deserve every chance to see what  they can do. If we end up bottom at by December, fair enough, they can't justifiably be sacked.

I'm not saying we'll go up this season, I'm not saying we'd go up from the championship next season we could easily not go up or if we do struggle in the championship but anyone who thinks we can't even potentially match the colossal achievements of those newly promoted giants of the game....err raith rovers in the championship then they need their head examined! 

3 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Some of the posts on here are incredible, you would think the gulf between league 1 and the championship was massive, filled with tactical genius managers playing football in a style our managers couldn't comprehend. No matter what you think of our managers there was no difference between us and raith last season and look where raith are at the moment, settle for mid table next season? Aye right, if we go up we look to go up again plenty teams have done it, we might not but aiming for anything else is unacceptable 

Totally agree with this. The squad right now would be sitting somewhere in the middle of that tight championship mid-table pack. Utter dross like Gregor Buchanan and Joe McKee ply their trade in the Championship without a problem. That rotten Arbroath team we eased aside last season finished 5th. If we win the league, a few decent additions and we'd be flirting with the promotion play offs as Raith are this season. To suggest otherwise is hysterical nonsense 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Totally agree with this. The squad right now would be sitting somewhere in the middle of that tight championship mid-table pack. Utter dross like Gregor Buchanan and Joe McKee ply their trade in the Championship without a problem. That rotten Arbroath team we eased aside last season finished 5th. If we win the league, a few decent additions and we'd be flirting with the promotion play offs as Raith are this season. To suggest otherwise is hysterical nonsense 

Raith are full of energy and boys on the up. Our team is a mix of broken down old lads, Championship rejects and the odd bit of quality.

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

For this strange season I couldn't give a toss about the Cup , we won't win it and we won't make any real money progressing a round or two (and fans can't go)  - but we do risk injury to our better players. 

Maybe the fear of going to Celtic has a wee bit to do with it, could be a serious blow to morale & confidence that we don't need at a crucial time.

Arbroath can do what they want, I only care about Falkirk getting out of this shit league we are in. Next season when it's hopefully a full season and crowds are back we can look at the Cup again.     

27 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

For this strange season I couldn't give a toss about the Cup , we won't win it and we won't make any real money progressing a round or two (and fans can't go)  - but we do risk injury to our better players. 

Maybe the fear of going to Celtic has a wee bit to do with it, could be a serious blow to morale & confidence that we don't need at a crucial time.

Arbroath can do what they want, I only care about Falkirk getting out of this shit league we are in. Next season when it's hopefully a full season and crowds are back we can look at the Cup again.     

It's balancing between getting players match fit and them not getting injured.  They've only had one competitive match in months so they will need all the game time they can get but you also don't want any of them getting crocked in a cup match when the league is the major priority.

59 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Decent additions is the problem though.  When was the last time that happened? About 2007 I think. Since then it's been the odd gem outnumbered by complete dross and this season has been no different.

M and m don't have it if you ask me. We're only 2 points better off than we were at the same stage under MacKinnon last season and at least a few of those games last season had a bit of entertainment on show.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Decent additions is the problem though.  When was the last time that happened? About 2007 I think. Since then it's been the odd gem outnumbered by complete dross and this season has been no different.

M and m don't have it if you ask me. We're only 2 points better off than we were at the same stage under MacKinnon last season and at least a few of those games last season had a bit of entertainment on show.

Awe brilliant,  they're not as good as fuckin McKinnon now!

39 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/arbroath-vs-falkirk-ppv/
£12 for the pay per view tomorrow night. I think i'll wait to see what the line up is.

There are other things to spend money on https://advanced-television.com/2020/10/05/new-television-x-and-adult-channel-sky-subscription-bundle/

45 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No they're two points better off. Hardly a massive improvement in anyone's book though and McKinnon was quite rightly given his jotters.

So, at what point do you think they should go? Now, when they're achieving a wee bit more, wait until we're worse off or get rid in any case, maybe when we're on the cusp of the title for instance?

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

So, at what point do you think they should go? Now, when they're achieving a wee bit more, wait until we're worse off or get rid in any case, maybe when we're on the cusp of the title for instance?

End of the season I'd thank them for their time and effort and move them on whether we go up or not 

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Get the spine of the side sorted. Goalkeeper - 2 x center backs - 2 x midfielders - 2 x forwards then the rest is build on these players attributes and weaknesses.

So who can we say can cut it on displays, age etc in a higher league Mutch - Miller G - Morrison harsh but its true. Think Dixon could be in there but will be a year older.

Jury is out on the rest of the squad.

Lot of work to be done to challenge for promotion. Just staying up ain't a good enough target to set.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

End of the season I'd thank them for their time and effort and move them on whether we go up or not 

That's the kind of thing you see basket case clubs do who have some deranged chairman. If they win the title then they deserve a shot at the Championship. That would be the case for literally any manager.

It would also make the position much less appealing if we are getting rid of title winning managers.

Guest The Phoenix
17 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

So what if Keena & Morrison get injured in a 6-0 drubbing at an empty Celtic Park.

Worth the pittance we will get for getting past Arbroath ?

Not worth the risk this season of all seasons. 

£20k a pittance?

Would pretty much cover your entire outlay on Covid Testing for the season.