The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Rest keena - are you bonkers ? he’s only had 1 game back after “resting”  for 6 months . He needs to play in every game possible to see if he has anything to offer !

Yeah he's well rested he just needs games to build up that match fitness again so I'd start him on Tuesday up top with Dowds to see what they have to offer. Can always take him off after 60 mins and replace him with Francis. 

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Rest keena - are you bonkers ? he’s only had 1 game back after “resting”  for 6 months . He needs to play in every game possible to see if he has anything to offer !

Yeah, you haven’t got a clue about how the human body works or the physical strains of a football match. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

What's beneficial about loaning your rivals a player in order to help them win the league?

We're hardly rivals the now are we.  If they have someone who isn't getting a game who wants games and we'll pay his wages then they're  not going to say no just because it's Falkirk if it means good business. I wouldn't have given a feck if we'd loaned Dunfermline a fringe player when they were in league one.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I really don't understand the tears and snotters on her because some of us are asking for M & M to be binned, even if they get us promoted.

In all walks of life, people find their natural level according to their abilities. I was a successful key account manager for a company that I worked for, looking after some major regional chains, growing the business year on year. However, I wasn't deemed good enough to manage any of our national customers - that's life. You just suck it up and get on with things.

Football is no different. Even if M & M get us promoted, they are not good enough to manage in the Championship, plain and simple, no shame in that. They'll probably pick up a gig at Dumbarton or Forfar or suchlike and do OK, they just aren't good enough for Falkirk in the Championship.

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We will throw in all the 2nd string to save the “big guns” for Forfar and then probably win, change the team for Forfar then lose. emoji23.png

Must play telfer against Arbroath surely. He enjoys the greater space we normally get in those games. That probably means dumb and dumber won't bother mind you.

3 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Dowds looked good when he came on to be fair to him. Might be a partnership there. 

Dowds did extremely well to basically cut Montrose apart when laying on  Morrison's goal. I would definitely start him with Keena V Arbroath. Think it's a good opportunity to play Neilson as well and possibly bring McClleland on at some point too. Fotheringham should also be a definite starter IMO.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Dowds did extremely well to basically cut Montrose apart when laying on  Morrison's goal. I would definitely start him with Keena V Arbroath. Think it's a good opportunity to play Neilson as well and possibly bring McClleland on at some point too. Fotheringham should also be a definite starter IMO.

Morrison’s goal was a cracker and Dowds played a big part as you say.

Would be a real bonus if he were to continue in that vein.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I really don't understand the tears and snotters on her because some of us are asking for M & M to be binned, even if they get us promoted.

In all walks of life, people find their natural level according to their abilities. I was a successful key account manager for a company that I worked for, looking after some major regional chains, growing the business year on year. However, I wasn't deemed good enough to manage any of our national customers - that's life. You just suck it up and get on with things.

Football is no different. Even if M & M get us promoted, they are not good enough to manage in the Championship, plain and simple, no shame in that. They'll probably pick up a gig at Dumbarton or Forfar or suchlike and do OK, they just aren't good enough for Falkirk in the Championship.

What tears and snotters?

7 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

This is arguably a harder league this year than it was last. Cove are miles better than Stranraer, which probably wouldn’t be hard. As long as we get out this league this season I don’t really care how we play. 

Not a chance. Last year's Raith team would be well clear at the top.

For me the strongest 11 v. Arbroath. The SC is a major tournament with a good draw next round. All our players need game time and may give us an indication of a potential opponent in the play offs.

No weakened side for me that why we have a squad to cope with injuries. Forfar and Dumbarton next 2 league games so should be able to cope injury wise

It’s all about opinions.

3 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

For me the strongest 11 v. Arbroath. The SC is a major tournament with a good draw next round. All our players need game time and may give us an indication of a potential opponent in the play offs.

No weakened side for me that why we have a squad to cope with injuries. Forfar and Dumbarton next 2 league games so should be able to cope injury wise

It’s all about opinions.

So what if Keena & Morrison get injured in a 6-0 drubbing at an empty Celtic Park.

Worth the pittance we will get for getting past Arbroath ?

Not worth the risk this season of all seasons. 

Agree, as for the big squad to cope with injuries that may be true we certainly have numbers but the  replacements are pish. There are 3 decent players in our entire squad in Mutch, Morrison and Keena. The rest can get in the bin. 

I think as of just now the majority remain unconvinced by M & M. They've done ok so far, not well but not badly either. We're probably doing about as well points-wise as we would have expected, but some of the signings and performances on the park have been a concern. The remaining league games are basically make or break for them imo 

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

A bit of hyperbole on my part, my apologies.

No need to apologise mate.

There does seem to be this myth going around however that suggests that some folk are happy with MandM and what they're giving us. I for one am not however,  a change now, while we're top and favourites to maintain  that , would be  very dangerous IMO.  

As things stand it doesn't look like they're the guys who would be able to take us up again and I think unfortunately that further change may be necessary to achieve this. 

Time will tell however I think that the current incumbents deserve our support as we enter a crucial period. 

Some of the posts on here are incredible, you would think the gulf between league 1 and the championship was massive, filled with tactical genius managers playing football in a style our managers couldn't comprehend. No matter what you think of our managers there was no difference between us and raith last season and look where raith are at the moment, settle for mid table next season? Aye right, if we go up we look to go up again plenty teams have done it, we might not but aiming for anything else is unacceptable