The Falkirk FC Thread

Another 10 or so performances like that from Durnan would do me fine. Just concentrate on keeping the ball out the net.  If we had a decent ball playing centre back alongside him that would help but that's not durnans fault that's the pair in the dugout.

Is any of it inaccurate?
read the thread of the other games yesterday.  Every single one contains a variation on the line “I wasn’t expecting much but that was awful to watch”.  Teams are rusty and everyone has just spend 4 months getting used to watching football at a much higher level on the telly.  Calling for managers to go after one game back is just idiotic.

It has been horrific since they joined the club. It won’t get any better a league up for me. So they would be better getting shot this summer

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

I’d like to see Telfer in the position Leitch was yesterday as I think that’s Telfer’s best position. Leitch has one good game in 7 at best. 

Can only presume that Leitch must be like Pele in training and telfer like Vince mennie.

If we go up, we can't afford to begin our return to the Championship slowly with a squad and co-managers who aren't up to it. My expectations would actually be a solid, mid-table finish to establish ourselves again, but I'm not even sure they would be capable of that.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

I’d like to see Telfer in the position Leitch was yesterday as I think that’s Telfer’s best position. Leitch has one good game in 7 at best. 

I totally agree with this. I get the feeling M&M prefer Leitch because he’s got the legs to get about the park, but Telfer has the quality on the ball that Leitch lacks

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

Not too concerned by Keena yesterday, he's not played a lot of football in the past 12 months so will take a few games to get going. I'd still have him our No1 striker over the other options.

My concern is more the fact that the poor lad had no support for the vast majority of his time on the pitch due to hoddit and doddits piss poor tactics.  He showed his passion though by defending whenever possible in a futile attempt to get the ball.  Could've been lewandowski up front yesterday and it wouldn't have mattered.

18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Dixon and Miller purely for being 'solid' which is a low bar.  Can't think of a time either full back overlapped or put in a decent cross.  

Lewis Neilson is a right-back who appears to be highly thought of at Dundee United. He's inexperienced, but it's really no stretch of the imagination to think that he would provide us with a hell of a lot more mobility and attacking threat in the wide area than a Mercer or a 34-year old Gary Miller who can barely move. Similarly, we signed a young left-back from Kilmarnock in October, stuck him on the bench and ignored him. I assumed that he had long since returned to Rugby Park, but as he appears to still be here, would it really have hurt us to give him an opportunity? We might, might just have some options in the squad that would improve our style of play. We should try using them, instead of sticking with the same old, same old week after week. Under a management team so risk-averse, I won't hold my breath.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Austin is like any other footballer. Offer him enough cash and he'll.play and for 7 to 11 matches I'd take him as a part time player over anyone we have outside Keena. Why would Dunfermline not loan us players? If it's worth there while of course they would. Many players have transferred between the two over the years without any problems. Different if we were in the same league but we aren't.

You genuinely aren't capable of looking at it logically are you? Austin will be on a bomb for a part time player at Kelty which is why he dropped from the Scottish Championship to the lowland league. I'd imagine he also has a steady part time job outside of football. He has no interest at all in returning to full time football especially not for 7 to 11 matches. East fife have went in and offered him the chance to play again whilst remaining part time and remaining local. They'll be paying a proportion of his wages or all of his wages. Give me one player who has ever went on loan from Dunfermline to us or us to Dunfermline? It's only ever been free agents who have no loyalties to either club.

Edited by FFC 1876

22 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Not too concerned by Keena yesterday, he's not played a lot of football in the past 12 months so will take a few games to get going. I'd still have him our No1 striker over the other options.

Dowds looked good when he came on to be fair to him. Might be a partnership there. 

Tuesday against Abroath will be interesting. I think I'd prefer to see us use it to bleed in the youngsters. Be good to see BPM's love child in action as well. I'd also like to see Dowds and Keena play up top together. Can give Gomis a rest as well.

Mutch

Neilson Mcclelland Dixon Deveney

Morrison Telfer Miller Fotheringham

Keena Dowds

9 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Dowds looked good when he came on to be fair to him. Might be a partnership there. 

During the summer that's definitely the preferred front two that M&M fancied. Dowds hasn't started this season for us but there's time for him to show us what he can actually do. 

f**k the cup this year. Don’t even think we get much of a financial boost out of Celtic game given it’s been picked for premier if we won.

Would rest Keena, gomis, Dixon, Alston and Morrison. Silly to ask our most important players to play 3 times in 7 days after not playing for 3 months.

Mclelland and Neilson have to start. 

29 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You genuinely aren't capable of looking at it logically are you? Austin will be on a bomb for a part time player at Kelty which is why he dropped from the Scottish Championship to the lowland league. I'd imagine he also has a steady part time job outside of football. He has no interest at all in returning to full time football especially not for 7 to 11 matches. East fife have went in and offered him the chance to play again whilst remaining part time and remaining local. They'll be paying a proportion of his wages or all of his wages. Give me one player who has ever went on loan from Dunfermline to us or us to Dunfermline? It's only ever been free agents who have no loyalties to either club.

I'm quite capable of working out that there is absolutely no reason why he couldn't have signed a short term part time deal with us just like me signed with east Fife.  Raith had a few part time players on their books last season.and it didn't seem to hamper them.  Players have transferred between Falkirk and Dunfermline in the past with no issues at all.  Davie moss , Paul Smith, Ian westwater and others. There's no reason they wouldn't loan us a player if it was beneficial to them and us.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm quite capable of working out that there is absolutely no reason why he couldn't have signed a short term part time deal with us just like me signed with east Fife.  Raith had a few part time players on their books last season.and it didn't seem to hamper them.  Players have transferred between Falkirk and Dunfermline in the past with no issues at all.  Davie moss , Paul Smith, Ian westwater and others. There's no reason they wouldn't loan us a player if it was beneficial to them and us.

What's beneficial about loaning your rivals a player in order to help them win the league?

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Would rest Keena, 

Rest keena - are you bonkers ? he’s only had 1 game back after “resting”  for 6 months . He needs to play in every game possible to see if he has anything to offer !

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

To be fair, and I'm not a fan of his, but Durnan had a good game yesterday.  More than acceptable in this league.  Credit where credit's due.

More than happy to give credit where it’s due, took his goal well but he kicks a football the way I hit a 3 iron on the golf course.

Likely to go just about anywhere except the intended direction.

To be fair, and I'm not a fan of his, but Durnan had a good game yesterday.  More than acceptable in this league.  Credit where credit's due.