The Falkirk FC Thread

We were very much rusty today but the three points against a good montrose team is all that matters. There's probably a lot of people on here that know him personally or know of his family but how Russell Mclean has made it as a footballer is beyond me. 6ft 4 never won a header all day and even Ben Hall bullied him. Durnan's a donkey but he's a good donkey to have at set pieces. We didn't really play football today but that's down to the fact we've got two centre halfs that can't play football. Nobody really shone today but for me Dixon was the best player on the park and the sooner he's back at centre back the better. Fotheringham done well for me in his first game, had a good first touch and his first thought was always to get at his man. So glad they took Mochrie off as he was the only player that looked like creating something for them today. Results also went our way but we just need to keep winning on the park and that won't matter. It's good to be back COYB!

That’s a massive win. It was poor for the majority but given we have been off for 3 months it was probably expected to a degree. I didn’t think defensively we were troubled at all and I thought we were comfortable in that respect, I would have just liked to have seen us been more creative and comfortable on the ball. 

What I will say and I said this before the season was stopped our home pitch is now costing us playing decent football. It is slowing down our attacks, the ball doesn’t move nearly as fluent as it should and it’s done. It needs lifted at the end of the season. 

What a set of results for us. It makes our next two absolutely massively simply because it’s two teams we should be beating comfortably if we are to win this. A v Forfar and H v Dumbarton. Win those two and it might just take a little pressure off. 

10 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

What I will say and I said this before the season was stopped our home pitch is now costing us playing decent football. It is slowing down our attacks, the ball doesn’t move nearly as fluent as it should and it’s done. It needs lifted at the end of the season. 

Agree with this. Needs heavily watered for every game from now on I would say

In June it will have been down for 8 seasons and we were told at the time it would have an 8-10 year lifespan. Would certainly consider getting it replaced in the Summer if we can, at least with only having to replace the top layer and 'grass' the cost is reduced significantly

33 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Agree with this. Needs heavily watered for every game from now on I would say

In June it will have been down for 8 seasons and we were told at the time it would have an 8-10 year lifespan. Would certainly consider getting it replaced in the Summer if we can, at least with only having to replace the top layer and 'grass' the cost is reduced significantly

Whilst I agree it's seen better days it's disappointing when the likes of Montrose today control and move the ball far better on a pitch we train on every day of the week.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Whilst I agree it's seen better days it's disappointing when the likes of Montrose today control and move the ball far better on a pitch we train on every day of the week.

And lose 2 zip, barely mustering a shot on target 

19 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

And lose 2 zip, barely mustering a shot on target 

They were powder puff up front that is their issue. They still moved the ball far better than us. Gomis looked like there was a bauble following him about all over the pitch his first touch was that bad today.