The Falkirk FC Thread

I know I'm in a minority but I'm not bothered about colt teams, loads of leagues in europe have b teams, reserve teams in lower leagues. It's not really harmed the Dutch or Spanish leagues. 

Nor me

Guest Peter LaFleur
5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sorry for not keeping an eye on Dunfermline or Stranraer. Thanks for the info though

Baffled you didn’t know about a player publicly linked with Premiership sides, was in the league 1 team of the year with Stranraer, player of the month awards with Dunfermline yet wanted everybody to be raging at the management team because we never signed Ben Williamson whilst the league was suspended and who had never kicked a ball at senior level 😂 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

My issue with colt teams is it makes the ugly two more likely to keep a hold of youngsters for longer. They already hold onto them for longer than they should when they know the players aren't going to get anywhere near their first team. Having colts teams will give them more pull as instead of fhe players thinking I'll go to Dundee United as I have a better chance of breaking into the first team they could think I'll go to Rangers or Celtic as at least i'll get games in the colt team against professional clubs.

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Baffled you didn’t know about a player publicly linked with Premiership sides, was in the league 1 team of the year with Stranraer, player of the month awards with Dunfermline yet wanted everybody to be raging at the management team that we never signed Ben Williamson whilst the league was suspended who had never kicked a ball at senior level 😂 

Does anyone base anything on these teams ? The league one team of the year is  a complete farce. Stranraer had a pile of players in it last year despite them being comfortably the worst team in the league by a country mile . 😂😂

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Does anyone base anything on these teams ? The league one team of the year is  a complete farce. Stranraer had a pile of players in it last year despite them being comfortably the worst team in the league by a country mile . 😂😂

I didn’t think there was one last season and that was just a Twitter poll instead? I’m talking about the one voted by players.

From the point of view of a supporter of a Dutch lower league team (Excelsior Rotterdam in my case), they had a massively negative effect on the division. Games against these teams are the worst, they never bring any away following, their home games are very poorly attended. You never really know what kind of team you face, as Excelsior we had a game against a glorified Ajax U18 and against an Ajax team with many first team regulars in the same season. Because these teams don't care about the results, but the games count for the other clubs, when you face these teams can be a major deciding factor for promotion or a play-off spot. Also, these teams (there are 4 of them in the 2nd tier) can't get promoted or reach play-offs, resulting in odd situations that promotion/PO spots get passed down due to ineligible teams, making a mockery of the league. Also, we have fewer chances to get players on loan. Finally, as these clubs need to fill their colt teams they often sign (or keep) players purely for that team while they know they don't have any chance to ever reach the first team, effectively depriving other 2nd tier teams the chance of signing these players.
From the POV of a lower league Dutch team, these teams in the league are a disaster.
Thank you for repeating your first hand experience in our thread what you have already contributed to the Colts thread.

It's a fucking disaster waiting to happen and everyone needs to be told this as many times needed. Unfortunately given the nature of the Scottish game and the pandering to the arse cheeks, apparently it needs to be told a quite exhausting number of times.

Literally, the one and only argument for, if anyone wants to be honest about it, is to strengthen two teams.

How anyone can sit back and say it doesnt bother them, or worse still thay it's actually GOOD for the Scottish game is so far beyond me I might see it as it laps me.....

1 hour ago, Marten said:

From the point of view of a supporter of a Dutch lower league team (Excelsior Rotterdam in my case), they had a massively negative effect on the division. Games against these teams are the worst, they never bring any away following, their home games are very poorly attended. You never really know what kind of team you face, as Excelsior we had a game against a glorified Ajax U18 and against an Ajax team with many first team regulars in the same season. Because these teams don't care about the results, but the games count for the other clubs, when you face these teams can be a major deciding factor for promotion or a play-off spot. Also, these teams (there are 4 of them in the 2nd tier) can't get promoted or reach play-offs, resulting in odd situations that promotion/PO spots get passed down due to ineligible teams, making a mockery of the league. Also, we have fewer chances to get players on loan. Finally, as these clubs need to fill their colt teams they often sign (or keep) players purely for that team while they know they don't have any chance to ever reach the first team, effectively depriving other 2nd tier teams the chance of signing these players.

From the POV of a lower league Dutch team, these teams in the league are a disaster.

That should be sent to every chairman in the country. 

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thank you for repeating your first hand experience in our thread what you have already contributed to the Colts thread.

It's a fucking disaster waiting to happen and everyone needs to be told this as many times needed. Unfortunately given the nature of the Scottish game and the pandering to the arse cheeks, apparently it needs to be told a quite exhausting number of times.

Literally, the one and only argument for, if anyone wants to be honest about it, is to strengthen two teams.

How anyone can sit back and say it doesnt bother them, or worse still thay it's actually GOOD for the Scottish game is so far beyond me I might see it as it laps me.....

The people who don't express opposition are the "life blood" of the Scottish game. Happy clappers who'll turn up and pay for any shite that's shovelled on them.

41 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Somebody mentioned contacting Gary Deans regarding the colts issue. Isn't there a supporter liason officer of some sort? Surely this is exactly the kind of thing they should be utilized for to get the collective views of the fans over to the board.  

You'd think so . Was there not a new fans organisation being set up as part of the new share initiative/Rawlins investment proposal.

The BBC are absolutely fucking determined to help this go through 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53092366

A heavily slanted article slanted towards the idea that shows a complete lack of understanding of the objections.

Peddling utter pish like - 

there is concern about what allowing them in would do to the integrity of the competition and the baggage large Old Firm travelling supports in particular might bring.

The Supporters Direct Scotland survey - which has only been live for a day - suggests a majority remain unconvinced. Of course, that depends on who you support.

Bloody hell. Where do you start with that?

It finishes with 

A version of this article was first published on the BBC Sport website on 19 June, 2020

Quite. The same recycled crap shat out by shite "journalists".

I can see the colt teams happening because it's how it rolls in Scotland.

I personally don't want it as it makes a mockery of leagues but our once strong game is now a mockery top to bottom.

I went to see Farense v Benfica B last season, no away end was open but a pocket of local Benfica fans gathered and cheered as Benfica B won 4-1.

The difference in Scotland is I'd guess evil twins 1 and 2 would attract thousands of fans to start with but go down if they have reached the highest point they could go.

As said no for me but we all know how the vote went last season with chairmen voting to keep Partick and Falkirk for £s....funny how karma works tho 🙂

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

I can see the colt teams happening because it's how it rolls in Scotland.

I personally don't want it as it makes a mockery of leagues but our once strong game is now a mockery top to bottom.

I went to see Farense v Benfica B last season, no away end was open but a pocket of local Benfica fans gathered and cheered as Benfica B won 4-1.

The difference in Scotland is I'd guess evil twins 1 and 2 would attract thousands of fans to start with but go down if they have reached the highest point they could go.

As said no for me but we all know how the vote went last season with chairmen voting to keep Partick and Falkirk for £s....funny how karma works tho 🙂

They won't.  look at the numbers they took to the challenge cup games. 

Firstly they won't play in their home grounds, so even the home support will be poor. They will be at home watching the away games on some stream . Certainly some weeks the first team will play on a Sunday but they will all be at home watching soccer Saturday.

Away games, the first team will be at home most weeks as their games are not selected by Sky so who is going to travel to watch the B team at Peterhead?