The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

yous need a CH ?

Probably. Hall and Durnan are a bit error prone but Dixon is ok. Logan Chalmers would look ok on the wing for us too. Is Appere out the picture up front for you?

I'm having genuine problems remembering who we employ as footballers tbh😄

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was speaking to my old dad last week & found myself referring to "the big heavy number 10" & "him who did the nutmeg, scored against Montrose then not much else", honestly couldn't remember their names.

30 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Was speaking to my old dad last week & found myself referring to "the big heavy number 10" & "him who did the nutmeg, scored against Montrose then not much else", honestly couldn't remember their names.

If you were to put a team photo from 1971 ( when I was 8 ) next to one from 2021 I am certain that I would be able to name just about every player from 71 and at best 50% of the current nonentities.

1 hour ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

yous need a CH ?

We've just signed one from Rangers on loan. We need a winger and a centre mid. We could be doing with a striker as well but given we've got 5 on the books I doubt that's where we'll bolster. Hopefully Fotheringham is announced and who's the 'another' you are on about?

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Probably. Hall and Durnan are a bit error prone but Dixon is ok. Logan Chalmers would look ok on the wing for us too. Is Appere out the picture up front for you?

Logan would be a great signing but he's just back from a long term injury and is pushing to get his place back in the side so I can't see that happening unfortunately.

33 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

You could say we are putting the full neilson on the league.

Surely not, m&m must be going for a 5 at the back and shut up shop approach to the rest of this season. Rather than a lets go dominate and attack each game.

35 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Is Neilson (hoping I've cracked that code correctly) a right back?
If so then it looks like we've tackled our two biggest problems, need pace and creativity for the midfield now.

He's a centre back. Looked very much like an old school defender in the games I seen him play earlier on in the season. He played as the right sided centre back in a back five.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Looks like it might be an 18 game season after all, which would suit us imo.

I make it we'd have the following fixtures left to play:

Montrose (h)

Forfar (a)

Dumbarton (h)

Cove (a)

Peterhead (a)

Clyde (h)

Airdrie (a)

If they're splitting after 18, how could they issue the fixtures after that point?I

Eta, even if it was 5th v 4th etc, they haven't actually announced the format yet.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Rewatched the falkirk herald training video and training pictures because i'm a sad act. There were 17 outfield players taking part in the possesion training and Aidan Connolly was running round the outside obviously still recovering from his injury. We have 21 players in our outfield squad discluding Lee Miller which means 3 were missing from that training session.

I can't see Kelly, I can't see Mercer and I can't see Laverty. Give Kelly and Mercer are two of our starting defenders this might by why we're bringing in (or rumoured to be bringing in) another defender.

Edited by FFC 1876