The Falkirk FC Thread

The way forward for L1 & L2 will be resolved.
The Scottish Cup lies in the hands of the SFA. 

What is it you are claiming to know? It’s looking like the meeting tonight was to try to head off clubs wanting to mothball as it was being muted by quite a few club?
Only way I can see your point is if they cannot muster 8 clubs per division to vote for N and L, but that leaves us with 27 games.

8 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

The way forward for L1 & L2 will be resolved.

The Scottish Cup lies in the hands of the SFA. 

Your notoriety on here is fading. I remember when people paid attention to you. It's the young ones...no respect!

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

What is it you are claiming to know? It’s looking like the meeting tonight was to try to head off clubs wanting to mothball as it was being muted by quite a few club?
Only way I can see your point is if they cannot muster 8 clubs per division to vote for N and L, but that leaves us with 27 games.

Muted? I shouldn't even reply to a post with that in it.

Anyway, try and work it out. What type of person might know what went on and be able to pass on an opinion on how the discussions appear to be panning out?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

29 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Your notoriety on here is fading. I remember when people paid attention to you. It's the young ones...no respect!

Muted? I shouldn't even reply to a post with that in it.

Anyway, try and work it out. What type of person might know what went on and be able to pass on an opinion on how the discussions appear to be panning out?

Surely, surely, a chairman of another team wouldn’t come on pie and b to give cryptic messages to fans of different clubs (just falkirk actually)? 

Maybe we really are fucking massive. 

14 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Surely, surely, a chairman of another team wouldn’t come on pie and b to give cryptic messages to fans of different clubs (just falkirk actually)? 

Maybe we really are fucking massive. 

What was cryptic about the post? He said (I paraphrase) he'd be surprised if as many as 8 clubs in either league voted for null and void and asked for people to wait and see.

I'd caveat with my own experience that clubs don't always vote in line with what they say publicly. My opinion, not @The Phoenix

It's being discussed here and the null and void thread, where else do you want it to be, Falkirk supporters are by far making the biggest fuss.

43 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What was cryptic about the post? He said (I paraphrase) he'd be surprised if as many as 8 clubs in either league voted for null and void and asked for people to wait and see.

I'd caveat with my own experience that clubs don't always vote in line with what they say publicly. My opinion, not @The Phoenix

It's being discussed here and the null and void thread, where else do you want it to be, Falkirk supporters are by far making the biggest fuss.

In this instance it's justified!

All 20 clubs banded together and said "we'll pay; let us play". Now they actually get the green light to do so, and a number are wanting to back out.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's just that there's more of us. 

So are you not bothered if we fail to get promoted?
Irrespective of how bad the Championship is it is the lowest level that Falkirk should ever be playing in.
Whilst the Championship is barely relevant to the powers that be the level we are currently at does not even register in the corridors of power.

Especially when you are constantly howling at the moon as we do as a club.

We definitely need players in especially if there is going to be a fixture pileup.  They need to be the right kind of loan though. We have a history of getting either experienced players that are past it or young players that are nowhere near ready for first team action.  

My prediction based off @The Phoenixcryptics and some murmurings elsewhere.

Clubs for some reason really don’t want 18 games. We’ll play 27 with an extended season and no playoffs from league 1 to champ. 

Lowland league canned it seems. Suits a lot of people. No relegation from league 2, playoffs from league 2 to league 1 will still be played.

As per yesterday’s post, any players we are looking at getting in, must be better than we got currently holding the shirts. Hoping that Holt is using his knowledge and experience of clubs that he can lean on. No more mediocre end of life jobbers.

Holt didn’t sign a player at Livingston according to an interview with Martindale at the weekend so not sure what quality he will bring on that front

IF we do end up having to play more fixtures to see the season out, midweek games will be an issue unless someone has their sh*t together and the floodlights are fixed (I doubt it) or have that arranged for things normalising (well as much as they can anyway).

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

IF we do end up having to play more fixtures to see the season out, midweek games will be an issue unless someone has their sh*t together and the floodlights are fixed (I doubt it) or have that arranged for things normalising (well as much as they can anyway).

We may have to ground share? Alloa may be a possibility or Stenhousemuir 

50 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Holt didn’t sign a player at Livingston according to an interview with Martindale at the weekend so not sure what quality he will bring on that front

Mark Beck and Joe Chalmers incoming...