The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Like shadwell, I'm reading MR's book. I can't help but think the stadium could've been a fantastic money making asset but always compromising with the council and never having enough cash to go our own way seriously hampered us. 

On another note did anyone else get update letter from the club, including chance to buy more shares (minimum spend only £400!!) I might buy some more shares, need to have a wee think about it.

Yip the Rawling investment plan is all about first confirming the price they pad as the new level ( inviting fans to buy is a simple way of doing so ) - 

if fans can afford to do so donating some cash is a good way to support the club . However the club have  a responsibility to protect the vulnerable who shouldn’t mix up donation with investment . 

Council were more interested in developing areas that would solely make them cash and we ended up with absolutely nothing getting developed down in that area at all. The sheer incompetence of the council whenever any chance of development around the stadium came up this initially being stadium city who got fed up and gave up is quite incredible.
Council could have liquidated multiple sites over the district, at the peak of the property boom, & reinvested in the Westfield site. Centralising all their departments on one site, with multiple office buildings & paying rent to FCSL. Fourth stand would have been financed & both partners profited.

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Scotland's national clinical director Professor Jason Leitch is "hopeful" Scottish football's lower leagues and the women's game will be told next week when they can return.

All play below Championship level, including Scottish Cup ties, has been suspended since 12 January.

However, the situation is due to be reassessed on Monday.

"I'm hopeful we can do it with mitigation and safety in place," Prof Leitch told BBC Scotland.

"I'm pretty confident that next week there will be news that will indicate where we're headed for the next phases and I'm hoping that will be joint government and league news, because we're trying to do it together."

Speaking to BBC Radio Scotland's Off The Ball, he added: "It's complicated because at one side there is the list of reasons why we should [allow the competitions to restart] and at the other end there are 800 positive tests a day, quite a lot of travel, these teams are not full-time so they're not as protected as the full-time teams. It's not straightforward."

Challenges remain for the competitions, though, with a mix of full-time and part-time clubs in SPFL Leagues One and Two, and the Scottish Women's Premier League.

Some League One and League Two clubs still have 19 fixtures of their 27-game campaign to complete, and would face the prospect of playing every Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday for a spell to catch up.

Both these leagues are due to complete their campaigns on 1 May, with play-offs scheduled to take place after that to determine promotion and relegation.

Any proposal to reduce the number of fixtures in League One and League Two would require at least eight teams from each league to vote in favour. A similar majority would be required to agree to null and void the lower leagues.

Us and partick are around 100% each to not null and void it. You therefore need 1 other club out of 8 for that to be a complete non starter. It seems equally unlikely you’d get anywhere near 8 for reducing it to 18 games. So that leaves status quo, 27 games...this could get messy (shock)

If that were to happen (27 games), then it would require that Doncaster step in to make it a complete clusterfuck by declaring that unless all games were completed on the last day of the Championship season, there would no relegation from or promotion to the Championship, but in way of compensation, a trophy similar in proportions to the Stanley Cup would be awarded to the L1 Champions.

This “minimum investment of £400” for shares. Is this a release of new shares, and therefore investment/money into the club, or is this buying out of the thin end of MSG shares, and all monies going out of the club to the current share owners?
I am probably being overly suspicious, but new share issues are usually trumpeted loud and clear. This isn’t loud and clear....

My understanding is that it is the shares that the club bought back from Miller, Liddell and Healey that are being offered. Personally speaking, it’s time for Martin and Sandy to step aside and let’s have a new dawn and a complete freshness. They have been around for 23 years and had their time. It’s like some guy hanging around an ex-girlfriend who doesn’t want anything to do with them anymore. I would take Gary Deans with them too, as he was installed by the previous MSG and have a Rawlins appointee also. Fresh investment, in tandem with Rawlins purchase from other, local people and a greater fan input too. The feedback from people who know of Phil Rawlins is super positive and both him and Carrie deserve our support 100%.  Our club doesn’t need a spring clean, it needs a gutting from top to bottom and a complete new broom. 

1 hour ago, Craig1876 said:

My understanding is that it is the shares that the club bought back from Miller, Liddell and Healey that are being offered. Personally speaking, it’s time for Martin and Sandy to step aside and let’s have a new dawn and a complete freshness. They have been around for 23 years and had their time. It’s like some guy hanging around an ex-girlfriend who doesn’t want anything to do with them anymore. I would take Gary Deans with them too, as he was installed by the previous MSG and have a Rawlins appointee also. Fresh investment, in tandem with Rawlins purchase from other, local people and a greater fan input too. The feedback from people who know of Phil Rawlins is super positive and both him and Carrie deserve our support 100%.  Our club doesn’t need a spring clean, it needs a gutting from top to bottom and a complete new broom. 

was told the local business/fans who are willing to invest in large numbers through the share issue are now getting some push back from the club, this after them rallying the minor shareholders to push the Rawlins deal over the line, disappointing but not altogether surprising from SA and MR.

was told the local business/fans who are willing to invest in large numbers through the share issue are now getting some push back from the club, this after them rallying the minor shareholders to push the Rawlins deal over the line, disappointing but not altogether surprising from SA and MR.

There isn’t a push back the proposed investment is off the table.

Craig1876 is right the only shares available at this point is the ex-MSG ones.

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So, the ex MSG shares........if someone pays £400, who gets the £400? I don’t understand who at this point in time, really owns the shares and gets the money.

Money will go to the club, they bought the outgoing MSG shares at 30p and are selling at 40p via the share issue. It’s a move in the right direction, will give the fans a bigger shareholding should they invest and will also raise capital for the club at the same time. However it’s highly disappointing the club have stone walled the proposal for larger investment via what was the former patrons group from the previous BtB scheme, I’d heard the group had raised circa 400k and were prepared to buy in in exchange for a seat on the board and a meaningful % shareholding but the club (Gary Deans) isn’t keen on a group having such a large block vote and would prefer the shares were sold/distributed in smaller numbers around the wider group of fans. I completely agree with some of the above posters, SA and MR have run they’re course now and should perhaps consider selling or diluting they’re shareholding. People should remember the current board were effectively put in place by the previous MSG, as much as GD has been relatively impressive and speaks very well he’s still the voice of SA and MR. Hopefully now Rawlins has his feet under the table as our new major shareholder things will shake up over the next 18 months or so and larger fresh investment from the fans may be possible. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Money will go to the club, they bought the outgoing MSG shares at 30p and are selling at 40p via the share issue. It’s a move in the right direction, will give the fans a bigger shareholding should they invest and will also raise capital for the club at the same time. However it’s highly disappointing the club have stone walled the proposal for larger investment via what was the former patrons group from the previous BtB scheme, I’d heard the group had raised circa 400k and were prepared to buy in in exchange for a seat on the board and a meaningful % shareholding but the club (Gary Deans) isn’t keen on a group having such a large block vote and would prefer the shares distributed in smaller numbers around the fans.  I completely agree with some of the above posters, SA and MR have run they’re course now and should perhaps consider selling or diluting there shareholding. People should remember the current board were effectively put in place by the previous MSG, as much as GD has been relatively impressive and speaks very well he’s still the voice of SA and MR. Hopefully now Rawlins has his feet under the table as our new major shareholder things will shake up over the next 18 months or so and larger fresh investment from the fans may be possible. 

IMO the fans should back Rawlins 100%, buy ST’s and merchendise etc so they get a return for the cash. The share holding bit is sadly just a donation and the proposal for representation are no more than a tick box exercise.

The Rawlins investment is positive but more will need to change to see the full benefit IMO

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

There isn’t a push back the proposed investment is off the table.

Craig1876 is right the only shares available at this point is the ex-MSG ones.

Time for those behind this investment to make contact with Rawlins directly. No more fu*king about, wasting time. We somehow need to get those two poisonous old b*stards out of our club.

And to think some people on here are suggesting the “new board” (with about 10 shares between them) are going to make any sort of difference...🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

By the look of things they’ve thrown considerable money at players looking for promotion to the big league, results are not good and looks like they’ll be in involved in play offs if their current form continues.

He's taken them from second top of the championship to second bottom in a season. Quite an achievement although Houstie surpassed that mind you.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's taken them from second top of the championship to second bottom in a season. Quite an achievement although Houstie surpassed that mind you.

Well some of the Ayr fans want Houstie in haha

Houston could potentially be a master stroke appointment for Ayr United....

He was the one guy that I think Kerr could’ve done with as an assistant when he was appointed. Houston has made it pretty clear he wants to be involved in football but not as something as demanding as a manager. A scouting gig at Celtic will suit him perfectly.