The Falkirk FC Thread

59 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

On a slightly different note, guessing that the recent news/update from our FM, that’s our league N&V. What a fckn shambles 

I don't think so, if it wasn't for the cases jumping so high at new year then we may still have been playing. The leagues weren't suspended until the 11th I'm sure? The lockdown has been going since Boxing day and that was with the intention of football at our level and those below continuing. I think any decision on resumption is being made without much reference to todays announcement or the stages that are still to come.

The stadium needs to be completed, not fussed if it’s a fourth stand or terracing. Once we get back to the big league we’ll need it for the additional ST sales.....

The stadium needs bulldozed and we can start again.

No but a season with out rent while the stand is effectively mothballed would have been a nice gesture, 80k for a stand we can’t and don’t use is a waste of money. It would be easier to swallow if the money was going toward paying off an asset we would eventually own. Renting especially in the current circumstances makes no sense. 

We pay more renting that stand than Livingston pay WLC for their whole stadium. Great deal that

6 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Do you ACTUALLY know that we are still paying rent at the moment? I believe it’s frozen....

No, I don’t know, that’s the reason I asked the question in the first place!  Various other posters then suggested we are indeed still paying rent. It’s a pretty relevant question considering the stand isn’t being used at present. Do you know that we are NOT still paying rent? It’s a fair assumption to presume the rent situation is exactly the same as it was pre covid without the club or SA having communicated otherwise. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

We pay more renting that stand than Livingston pay WLC for their whole stadium. Great deal that

Always though it was excessive, certainly no gift or favour from a fan. It’s 100% been seen as long term investment opportunity for SA personally, nothing more nothing less. Dunfermline also pay the consortium that bought in during administration less in rent for the whole stadium than we do for that one stand. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

26 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Meeting tomorrow at 5pm between SFA and L1 & 2 clubs.

13 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Looking forward to being fed more bs.

If the season's done, we'll be having it called the same way as last season.

If the season's done, we'll be having it called the same way as last season.

SFA- Leagues one and two can’t play. Even if they offer to test.

Also the SFA- aye lads, off you go to Greece to referee a game. Shame one of you tested positive for Covid. The other two don’t need to self isolate and can run the line/referee another game when you return.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Pretty sure a few years back i think it was during one of Livvys administration that WLC were looking to bulldoze Almondvale

They were going to build them a 5,000 seater in exchange for them giving up their lease on Almondvale.
Apparently the owners at the time were trying to buy the stadium for £1,000,000 with the help of a couple of senior council people pushing it through. Then the owners intended selling it to developers with the council folk being adequately rewarded. It all went cold when one of their MPs up there got jail time for another scam of falsifying expense claims. Think the council people got cold feet after that.

The whole West Lothian thing seems to be a real magnet for crooks.