The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Of course, but there’s people wanting us to rush a managerial change just now when we are top and may have no more than 7 games left to complete the campaign. So you see where I’m coming from?
I only think it’s time for panic measures if we drop off the top....

I've always said we should stick with the current managers until the end of the season (whenever that is?).

The real issue for me is if we go up in my mind they are not the guys to take us onwards & upwards. I base this on the truly uninspiring tactics, style of play and recruitment under M&M. 

The tough call for the BOD is to punt them if/when they have just won promotion - and our BOD's track record is not to make such tough calls. Having said that it's hard to justify and not many would - but the downside is probably 2 years or so of mediocracy in the Championship. Maybe we'd take that right now!  

I've always said we should stick with the current managers until the end of the season (whenever that is?).
The real issue for me is if we go up in my mind they are not the guys to take us onwards & upwards. I base this on the truly uninspiring tactics, style of play and recruitment under M&M. 
The tough call for the BOD is to punt them if/when they have just won promotion - and our BOD's track record is not to make such tough calls. Having said that it's hard to justify and not many would - but the downside is probably 2 years or so of mediocracy in the Championship. Maybe we'd take that right now!  

I’m certainly not against reviewing the situation when the campaign is over. However structurally we will be different with a DoF hopefully having replaced some of the dross with far better players and maybe we will get to see something a bit more exciting against generally better opposition.
However I still think we need to be cautious about stumbling from change to change. That’s got us nowhere the last few years and we do need some stability if we are to start climbing as a club. Whether that’s under M and M depends on what they do if this campaign completes, and how they work with Holt....

I wouldn’t be writing off the alternative to a few mediocre championship years, and that would be relegation back to L1. Of what we have seen this season, it would be a very real possibility......God, I can almost hear Martin Ritchie telling everyone that “staying in the Championship is the main aim, and it won’t be easy, but M&M will be giving it their best, and we can’t ask for more than that. You know, these are all established Championship clubs we are up against, so we have to be realistic”.

Hughes has taken over a club that throws money at the team.  That's his ideal situation. Its how he won the championship with us . He tried it again in his last season with us failed miserably and then bolted. He wanted to do it at Inverness but they wouldn't let him so he bolted again. If he doesn't keep county up then there's something far wrong given their budget. A win against Celtic means nothing these days . If it had been rangers then would've been a decent result but they shipped five to them not so let me ago.

Would love to see what the Rawlins thought of Hughes's step up to the plate, we need coaches on the park, run through brick walls ideology.😂😂

Edited by Shadwell Dog

14 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

There's yer man Yogi beating the Scottish champions there with Ross County tonight, just over a year after literally offering himself for the Falkirk job in League One. Concurrently, we're stuck on our arse staring at a third year in a row in the third tier with Tweedledum and Tweedledee in charge ("BuT ThEy HaVe FaLkIrK BloOd" and the maws love them etc etc) debating the intricacies of whether we really deserved 150k or 500k from the Scottish Government and waiting to be told if and when we can play again. 

I know there's a much larger story and the happy clappers on here are keen to remind us all that we can't change the past, but the scale to which our club has been mismanaged and where we sit at the moment is an absolute obscenity.

There's yer man Jordan Shite finally finding himself a barrel of fannies he could score in. 

As for the Staggies beating Celtic? Not as if they haven't done that already this season.

17 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Brilliant question actually! I wonder if SA is still paying himself 80k a year in rent for a stand we don’t and can’t use. Wish I had asked this at the AGM now, by rights that’s one saving the club should be making. Is anybody in a position to shed any light on this? 

I'm always surprised there are folk who don't expect SA to get get something back for his up front investment here.  Suspect £80k a year is far less than we'd be paying for a bank loan.  

I'm always surprised there are folk who don't expect SA to get get something back for his up front investment here.  Suspect £80k a year is far less than we'd be paying for a bank loan.  

Whilst I don’t disagree with that, I think it’s more to do with the suggestion at the time that it was some sort of gift to the club.....

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

There's yer man Jordan Shite finally finding himself a barrel of fannies he could score in. 

As for the Staggies beating Celtic? Not as if they haven't done that already this season.

Jordan Shite indeed, yet I'd wager he would walk into our current rabble. Which kind of highlights the wider point I'm making.

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

My phone just rang with the Amarillo ringtone, which made me sad.

I miss the football. 

Not been on here in ages...feel a total disconnect with football the now. Used to watch pretty much everything the club posted but even fallen away from doing that. 

Watch English football every now and again but don't have the intense feelings I get when I watch Falkirk. 

54 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

As you’ve stated It’s simply depends on what people deem as a gift, high interest bank rates or an agreed rate with the club. 

Has anyone ever cleared up for good whether it's an indefinite lease situation or are the club actually paying the cost off? 

18 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

There's yer man Yogi beating the Scottish champions there with Ross County tonight, just over a year after literally offering himself for the Falkirk job in League One. Concurrently, we're stuck on our arse staring at a third year in a row in the third tier with Tweedledum and Tweedledee in charge ("BuT ThEy HaVe FaLkIrK BloOd" and the maws love them etc etc) debating the intricacies of whether we really deserved 150k or 500k from the Scottish Government and waiting to be told if and when we can play again. 

I know there's a much larger story and the happy clappers on here are keen to remind us all that we can't change the past, but the scale to which our club has been mismanaged and where we sit at the moment is an absolute obscenity.

Aye let's sign Jordan White as well cos he scored against a shite celtic team. 

7 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Depends on the terms of a the loan/mortgage but regardless of that if we were repaying a loan at least it would have a final payment where we would eventually own the thing. At the moment it’s 80k a year rent down the toilet for a stand we can’t and don’t use. Would have been a nice gestures from super fan to maybe give the club he supports few months rent holiday during covid times where the stand has no use.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

[emoji23]

With a bank loan we would own the asset. It is a rent. I assume you know the difference ?

FM is spelling out Scotland’s road map tomorrow, lid nailed down probably.....

I heard on Friday the complete opposite that I had heard the week before that it will start again. Who fucking knows now