The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Are we still paying rent for the South Stand?

Brilliant question actually! I wonder if SA is still paying himself 80k a year in rent for a stand we don’t and can’t use. Wish I had asked this at the AGM now, by rights that’s one saving the club should be making. Is anybody in a position to shed any light on this? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

22 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So, any word on Early Bird Season Tickets?

What are people's thoughts on season tickets? Wll they be waiving any refunds if (when) the season is null and void?

I probably will because that money's gone as far as I'm concerned. Be nice to get something in return at some point though - free entry to a few cup games or something.

As for buying a season ticket for next year, really not sure. It's entirely possible we could see a 3rd wave next winter and who knows what variant it will be and if the vaccines will work. The idea of forking out months in advance for something that quite likely won't happen doesn't appeal. 

Brilliant question actually! I wonder if SA is still paying himself 80k a year in rent for a stand we don’t and can’t use. Wish I had asked this at the AGM now, by rights that’s one saving the club should be making. Is anybody in a position to shed any light on this? 

What are people's thoughts on season tickets? Wll they be waiving any refunds if (when) the season is null and void?
I probably will because that money's gone as far as I'm concerned. Be nice to get something in return at some point though - free entry to a few cup games or something.

As for buying a season ticket for next year, really not sure. It's entirely possible we could see a 3rd wave next winter and who knows what variant it will be and if the vaccines will work. The idea of forking out months in advance for something that quite likely won't happen doesn't appeal. 

Probably same as you. I won’t be looking for a refund but I’ll need to give some serious thought to renewing as things stand.
This could be a real issue for the club next season as I imagine a lot will think similarly....

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

This year’s money is gone. Therefore I’ll not be wanting a refund as what has happened is not down to the club other than there abysmal record over the last few years.

For next season, I’ll be one of the first to purchase as keeping FFC going is a bit of a mission for me.

Its not a purchase in exchange for services but a donation for the preservation of something which means a lot to me and my family.

Probably silly but that’s the way it is. Hampden1957, Vaduz, lots of great memories.

I couldn’t swear it but I think Gary Deans mentioned somewhere that those bills have been put on hold.....

This year’s money is gone. Therefore I’ll not be wanting a refund as what has happened is not down to the club other than there abysmal record over the last few years.
For next season, I’ll be one of the first to purchase as keeping FFC going is a bit of a mission for me.
Its not a purchase in exchange for services but a donation for the preservation of something which means a lot to me and my family.
Probably silly but that’s the way it is. Hampden1957, Vaduz, lots of great memories.

The odds are I’ll end up doing the same, for similar reasons.
However as for regularly attending games, that’s probably more where my concern lies. Feel it may be a while before I’m there every week....

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The odds are I’ll end up doing the same, for similar reasons.
However as for regularly attending games, that’s probably more where my concern lies. Feel it may be a while before I’m there every week....

One thing this situation has brought out is the joy of watching from home during winter time.

Im finding it harder to withstand the freezing cold so the option of FTV is a real blessing.

Maybe this will become a real possibility in the future?

One thing this situation has brought out is the joy of watching from home during winter time.
Im finding it harder to withstand the freezing cold so the option of FTV is a real blessing.

I hope not as it won’t encourage us to attend.
But the option to watch the game on Falkirk TV has always been there anyway if you have VPN software....

36 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The misery of watching from home surely.

There's yer man Yogi beating the Scottish champions there with Ross County tonight, just over a year after literally offering himself for the Falkirk job in League One. Concurrently, we're stuck on our arse staring at a third year in a row in the third tier with Tweedledum and Tweedledee in charge ("BuT ThEy HaVe FaLkIrK BloOd" and the maws love them etc etc) debating the intricacies of whether we really deserved 150k or 500k from the Scottish Government and waiting to be told if and when we can play again. 

I know there's a much larger story and the happy clappers on here are keen to remind us all that we can't change the past, but the scale to which our club has been mismanaged and where we sit at the moment is an absolute obscenity.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

There are also folk who will still argue they'd have Pressley over Yogi 😂

I honestly couldn’t give a f**k about the circumstances around how he left us, I fucking love Yogi and would give my right nut to have him as our manager. 

There's yer man Yogi beating the Scottish champions there with Ross County tonight, just over a year after literally offering himself for the Falkirk job in League One. Concurrently, we're stuck on our arse staring at a third year in a row in the third tier with Tweedledum and Tweedledee in charge ("BuT ThEy HaVe FaLkIrK BloOd" and the maws love them etc etc) debating the intricacies of whether we really deserved 150k or 500k from the Scottish Government and waiting to be told if and when we can play again. 
I know there's a much larger story and the happy clappers on here are keen to remind us all that we can't change the past, but the scale to which our club has been mismanaged and where we sit at the moment is an absolute obscenity.

Do tell us who the happy clappers are on this site? I couldn’t tell you one.
I would also love to see Yogi back.
However the first choice of many on here, isn’t Yogi, but the experience of Tommy Wright which doesn’t seem to have given Killie a lift and they could well find themselves in the Championship next season now....

47 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

You're acting as if he's pulled off a managerial masterclass. They had something like 2 touches inside Celtic's box until they scored their goal which was a header from a free kick, none other than Jordan Shite as well. Also rode their luck with Celtic missing some sitters. The only thing that might actually save Yogi this season is his old buddy Rice being just as inept albeit with a much lower budget.

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Do tell us who the happy clappers are on this site? I couldn’t tell you one.
I would also love to see Yogi back.
However the first choice of many on here, isn’t Yogi, but the experience of Tommy Wright which doesn’t seem to have given Killie a lift and they could well find themselves in the Championship next season now....

He's been in charge for all of two weeks and played two games which were against 1st and 4th in the table. I think he'll need a bit more time than that.

He's been in charge for all of two weeks and played two games which were against 1st and 4th in the table. I think he'll need a bit more time than that.

Of course, although you’ve missed the home debut defeat to Motherwell too, but there’s people wanting us to rush a managerial change just now when we are top and may have no more than 7 games left to complete the campaign.
So you see where I’m coming from?
I only think it’s time for panic measures if we drop off the top....