The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am actually less and less convinced that the MSG came anywhere close to selling the club to the fake American real estate/coffee magnate.
I think he was an excellently timed stalking horse who was perfect for what the MSG wanted, and that was to kill the patrons bid for control of the club.
Initially, I don’t think they believed that the patrons and pledges would get anywhere near the sum required, and when they did come up with the cash, coffee boy was the perfect excuse to say “sorry, there’s a better offer” rather than simply reject the patrons offer with no reason for doing so.
Coffee boy gave them their reason.

Interesting scenario?

18 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

The only way this club moves forward in my eyes is when Ritchie and Alexander f**k off. They’ve held a noose around our Club’s neck for far too long yet despite the state we’re in, their arrogance still won’t allow them to loosen their grip. It’s their baw and they’ll decide who plays with it. 

Don’t underestimate the influence that certain individuals, some who post regularly on this forum, had with regards to getting the Rawlins deal over the line. Without their lobbying to the smaller shareholders in the build up to the EGM, the deal would not have gone through. Not convinced the fans will be allowed any sort of major involvement in the future of the Club, certainly not while the two p***ks I previously mentioned are still around. 

As for Holt, I’m all for giving him a chance. I’ve stated already on this forum that I think he could be a very good appointment...if he’s allowed to get on with his job. My gripe is that he shouldn’t be wasting his time trying to teach our two managers how to do their job.

I realise that superfan and Ritchie are still sniffing about in the background. We just have to hope that Rawlins takes up his full 45 percent or whatever it is and realises pretty quickly that some of the folk involved in.the club need emptied asap. A clean sweep from top to bottom is really what the club needs but we may have to see this in stages unfortunately.

59 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Gary Deans was very open in one of his interviews about the share distribution within the club. Ultimately MR & SA will become less influential but dont forget without SAs personal investment  with building the two stands, we’d probably be still sitting with a stadium that could double up as a race track, and yes he’s getting paid back , but who wouldn’t. 

He only owns the one stand and I think many fans would give to the club for free if they were in a wealthy millionaire position like Standy Alexander. 

If fans were allowed into games at present, we wouldn't even need 3 stands in league 1.  The North stand which the club do own would sit empty most home games. 

Edited by Latapy is god

Gary Deans was very open in one of his interviews about the share distribution within the club. Ultimately MR & SA will become less influential but dont forget without SAs personal investment  with building the two stands, we’d probably be still sitting with a stadium that could double up as a race track, and yes he’s getting paid back , but who wouldn’t. 

He only owns one and he is not getting paid back, he rents it to the club

On 18/02/2021 at 07:55, Back Post Misses said:

100%.

An example of this is us employing a DOF on whatever he is on while players and staff are on furlough getting 80% of their salary. It is morally wrong and financial madness IMO

Players and staff are still getting 100%

1 hour ago, Latapy is god said:

He only owns the one stand and I think many fans would give to the club for free if they were in a wealthy millionaire position like Standy Alexander. 

If fans were allowed into games at present, we wouldn't even need 3 stands in league 1.  The North stand which the club do own would sit empty most home games. 

The Main stand 4 story office space is owned by the council. The rest of the stadium is owned by FFC.

Will Vaulks.....Our Last Hero. His amazing own goal header up at Forfar in a pre-season game will live on with me forever. It was a cracker.
Think that might have been Loy’s first game (and goal) too.

14 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Will Vaulks.....Our Last Hero. His amazing own goal header up at Forfar in a pre-season game will live on with me forever. It was a cracker.
Think that might have been Loy’s first game (and goal) too.

It was Loy`s first game and he scored. Was Will Vaulk`s OG a spectacular backwards header????

*Edited to add, just found out this pic is not his og!!*

WVaulksvForfar3.jpg

Edited by 60`s bairn

20 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Main stand 4 story office space is owned by the council. The rest of the stadium is owned by FFC.

We don't own actually own any of it. Even the football bits we only have a long term lease on. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Please, please stop with the endless unrelenting incessant absolute pish about who own what bit of the stadium. Nobody gives a f**k. So long as there's a team, a pitch and a place to watch, I couldn't care less if it was owned by Pol Pot and the Munchkins.

rabbit.gif.8e3ad688c1434930144e4daa13800d43.gif

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Please, please stop with the endless unrelenting incessant absolute pish about who own what bit of the stadium. Nobody gives a f**k. So long as there's a team, a pitch and a place to watch, I couldn't care less if it was owned by Pol Pot and the Munchkins.

rabbit.gif.8e3ad688c1434930144e4daa13800d43.gif

Actually, I think it is quite important.

Sorry!!