The Falkirk FC Thread

On 15/02/2021 at 18:11, Duncan Freemason said:

Probably a question that should have been put to that dim wit Joe Fitzpatrick several weeks ago. If it had been the private sector, he would be facing a bit of jail time too.

Duncan also suggested Joe Fitzpatrick has committed some crime or crimes "that would end up with jail time if he was in the private sector".

Now, incompetent JF may or may not be.  But prison is a heavy word to throw around. Would DF like to expand upon the earlier inference?

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes I did which is clearly the point I was making!

Anne Budge has been a car crash for Hearts after saving the club

She has not got a clue about how to run a football club let alone a league. 

I wonder how much wage she draws from Hearts each year and what input she actually has?  The main stand fiasco sums it all up, a stand with no seats built by a member of her own family.

There are plenty good people out there who could improve things but Budge is not one of them.

42 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I wonder how much wage she draws from Hearts each year and what input she actually has?  The main stand fiasco sums it all up, a stand with no seats built by a member of her own family.

There are plenty good people out there who could improve things but Budge is not one of them.

Amazing bit of foresight IMO.

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

Fucking hell.

44 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sorry I thought you were promoting her for a role.

No, I thought I was clear enough but obviously not.

She's a total disaster from top to bottom. and the sort of person we would be at risk of handing the reins of power over to in the case of some mythical "independent" overseer of the game. Interest in the sport, got a few bob, away you go. I even said "if she had not got involved in Hearts she is the sort of person..."

She's a total disaster from top to bottom. and the sort of person we would be at risk of handing the reins of power over to in the case of some mythical "independent" overseer of the game. Interest in the sport, got a few bob, away you go. I even said "if she had not got involved in Hearts she is the sort of person..."

I understood what you meant mate.

You know it is possible for rules to be actually drawn up for eventualities such as this.
We just need a arbitrary body to enforce them rather that the constant self interest that every club is obliged to undertake through holding a vote...,

Rumours abound now that the lower leagues are not going to restart. If true another year watching dross awaits

Agree with this.
The numbers are not dropping as fast as you would expect and in recent days they have stabilised rather than dropped.
Given that schools are the current priority for reopening and the unknown impact of that, I can’t see anything else opening until mid to late March....

Wouldn’t be that arsed about reconstruction. Don’t see many options that are any or significantly better than what we have atm.

What must happen however is more financial support from Gov/SFA. Champ teams allowed to stream games for a further 4 months more than us and all the associated income/sponsor money that goes with that. All whilst receiving triple the amount of tax payer money any league 1 club got. Simply not on. 

Are folk still banging on that somehow we were cheated by only getting £150k compared to Alloa who got £500k?

We're in League One, they're in the Championship. If we're choosing to spend Championship money in League One it's not the authorities' responsibility to bail us out of that.

Are folk still banging on that somehow we were cheated by only getting £150k compared to Alloa who got £500k?
We're in League One, they're in the Championship. If we're choosing to spend Championship money in League One it's not the authorities' responsibility to bail us out of that.

100%.

An example of this is us employing a DOF on whatever he is on while players and staff are on furlough getting 80% of their salary. It is morally wrong and financial madness IMO

10 hours ago, Gaz said:

The issue isn't that we were cheated it's the fact that 500k is simply a ridiculous sum to be handing out free to small part time organisations whilst others in different industries are going bust  and paying off staff.  Even the 150k we got is pushing it if you ask me. I'd have thought.150/200k tops or the championship  and 75/80 for league one/two should've been more than generous.

If the season.ends now then I really do fear for clubs. By the time they've paid back season ticket/sponsorship cash and with no prize money a number may be forced under. That'll be the Rawlins cash spent before it hits the bank.  You could easily see a pile of players on the job market too as clubs release them with no season or games to play.

Edited by Shadwell Dog