The Falkirk FC Thread

I think there’s plenty of scope to have problems with the SG over this right down to the fundamentals of who pushed for it, who agreed to it, and how the sum of £7.5 million was arrived at.
Maybe the SG then washed their hands of it, but I find that very doubtful given the potential for the shit hitting the fan given the number of other businesses and organisations screaming out for help.
It’s not too much of a leap for x, y, or z organisations taking the hump at getting heehaw, but the SG are happy to bung Scottish football that sum of money to pish away as they see fit.
SG inept operations + Scottish football’s corruption = yet another bag of shite outcome.

I think there’s plenty of scope to have problems with the SG over this right down to the fundamentals of who pushed for it, who agreed to it, and how the sum of £7.5 million was arrived at.
Maybe the SG then washed their hands of it, but I find that very doubtful given the potential for the shit hitting the fan given the number of other businesses and organisations screaming out for help.
It’s not too much of a leap for x, y, or z organisations taking the hump at getting heehaw, but the SG are happy to bung Scottish football that sum of money to pish away as they see fit.
SG inept operations + Scottish football’s corruption = yet another bag of shite outcome.

You are complaining because Scottish Football was bailed out by the SG but we did not get a bigger slice of the pie due to the actions of our inept football authorities, as well as due to us dropping out of the Championship through no-ones fault but our own.
Quit moaning.
Beginning to wish the SG told all of our clubs to f**k off.
Let’s face it, they would have perfectly within their rights to do just that....

On 15/02/2021 at 23:24, Shadwell Dog said:

Depends whether your okay with a backlog of fixtures i suppose. If the Scottish cup does get back up and running then fixture congestion could be an issue with teams like Dundee and yourselves struggling to get games on recently.  It doesn't affect the fans obviously.this season but I would've thought in a normal season you would want as many games to take place on a Saturday as possible for attendances/ hospitality money reasons.

I'm pretty sure most people couldn't give a fuck when their games are played, as long as they are.

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm pretty sure most people couldn't give a f**k when their games are played, as long as they are.

Who will care are the employers of the majority of players in our league. I’m not sure if they will provide extra time off work to have more than one midweek game. 
It’s looking more and more likely this season could be cancelled  for part time teams .

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

You are complaining because Scottish Football was bailed out by the SG but we did not get a bigger slice of the pie due to the actions of our inept football authorities, as well as due to us dropping out of the Championship through no-ones fault but our own.
Quit moaning.
Beginning to wish the SG told all of our clubs to f**k off.
Let’s face it, they would have perfectly within their rights to do just that....

I agree the amount of cash given to part time organisations with small workforces has been ridiculous and must be sickening for companies in other industries who could only dream of a free 500k being handed to them.  The SG if they were handing out cash should at least have put a cap on the single amount made available to individual clubs below the top flight to prevent that from happening.

I still can't believe for a minute that it was the spfl that decided that top flight clubs would get loans and the others grants especially as the Spfl are now trying to change the terms of these loans with the SG.  I'm sure the SG made it clear that top flight clubs could only get loans as clubs like the old firm getting grants from government would not have gone down well. If the government could therefor decide what the top flight were getting they must then have been breaking fifa rules if we are being told that they couldn't for leagues below the top flight.

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Who will care are the employers of the majority of players in our league. I’m not sure if they will provide extra time off work to have more than one midweek game. 
It’s looking more and more likely this season could be cancelled  for part time teams .

How many League One games have been called off due to frozen pitches in the last month? 

On 15/02/2021 at 20:14, alonso said:

Given the latest total disregard from Premiership players of clubs lucky enough to be allowed to play, then no doubt the lower leagues will have to carry the can and the chances of us starting again are probably zilch unless we become a voice and a thorn in the side of the powers that be.

We should all start bombarding our local MSP's for a full government enquiry:

1) Distribution of taxpayers money, 500k to Alloa and Arbroath isnt a helping hand its a windfall(this is more than these clubs would generate in a full non covid season)

2) SFA member just so happens to be chairman of Alloa

3) Leagues 1 and 2 get 150k and 100k and their leagues get stopped, more of this money should be going to these clubs if not ALL of it, wasnt that the point of the money, not for clubs like Dundee to suddenly splash out bigger wages to the likes of Cummings.

4) As somebody else pointed out all these clubs are willing to test, isnt that a good thing to be testing part time workers going to other jobs who otherwise wouldnt be testing, this will help stop the spread of the virus.

5) All season ticket holders should be demanding full refunds from the SFA/SPFL as they are the ones who have stopped us playing, maybe the prospect they might have to foot the bill might prompt them to let us start playing as the prospect of losing money from their own coffers is the only thing they have any interest in.

Just a few points and im sure that list could easily be expanded.

Nobody forced clubs to offer season tickets to fans with the premise that games would be played.  That was always going to be a risk and a gamble.  

22 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Nobody forced clubs to offer season tickets to fans with the premise that games would be played.  That was always going to be a risk and a gamble.  

How were teams going to survive without selling season tickets FFS? How  would you pay the players.🤣 Or are you advocating that clubs should've just asked fans for a couple of hundred quid donation each?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree the amount of cash given to part time organisations with small workforces has been ridiculous and must be sickening for companies in other industries who could only dream of a free 500k being handed to them.  The SG if they were handing out cash should at least have put a cap on the single amount made available to individual clubs below the top flight to prevent that from happening.

I still can't believe for a minute that it was the spfl that decided that top flight clubs would get loans and the others grants especially as the Spfl are now trying to change the terms of these loans with the SG.  I'm sure the SG made it clear that top flight clubs could only get loans as clubs like the old firm getting grants from government would not have gone down well. If the government could therefor decide what the top flight were getting they must then have been breaking fifa rules if we are being told that they couldn't for leagues below the top flight.

A pot of money was made available through the emergency fund. Free, gratiis.

The SPFL/SFA has asked if there's any more, as the grants won't go far. The SG has offered access to loans as a means of topping up that fund.

That money, grants and access to loans is being administered by the football authorities. The grants were given to lower division clubs as they were more affected and have less chance of repaying loans.

The loans were made available to Premier teams, to ensure lower division clubs could access the grant funding. The Premier clubs also have more chance of being able to repay the loans.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Repeated; Until we have a governing body that have no affiliation or connection to any clubs within the football leagues, deceit corruption and self preservation will continue. 

Neil Doncaster doesn't have any affiliation or connection with any club in Scotland. Happy with him being given carte blanche to implement whatever the f**k he likes?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Neil Doncaster doesn't have any affiliation or connection with any club in Scotland. Happy with him being given carte blanche to implement whatever the f**k he likes?

It's so, so bleak reading this merrygoround. I don't know why you bother.

Folk used to complain it was 'blazers' and not 'football people' that ran the show. Then we had the horrors of Gordon Smith and Ian Maxwell thrust upon us.

Now it's got to be completely independent voices. And when they come up with some hare-brained scheme like fecking colts that will clearly do no good? "We need real fitba guys runnin the place!"

For clarity: we need a strong SFA more than we need a strong SPFL. As the independent overseers of all football in this country they must have the final say on all disputes. They also must have a blend of talents and backgrounds in there. Business and legal skills are fine but let's face it, so much of what we love about this game is, when you look coldly at it, illogical. Anne Budge is clearly a (successfulTM ) business woman who is interested in football. If she hadn't got involved in Hearts she is exactly the sort of person who may have been invited to come up with some suggestions to improve things. 20 clubs in the bin, colts and god knows what else introduced, and you're stuffed.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's so, so bleak reading this merrygoround. I don't know why you bother.

Folk used to complain it was 'blazers' and not 'football people' that ran the show. Then we had the horrors of Gordon Smith and Ian Maxwell thrust upon us.

Now it's got to be completely independent voices. And when they come up with some hare-brained scheme like fecking colts that will clearly do no good? "We need real fitba guys runnin the place!"

For clarity: we need a strong SFA more than we need a strong SPFL. As the independent overseers of all football in this country they must have the final say on all disputes. They also must have a blend of talents and backgrounds in there. Business and legal skills are fine but let's face it, so much of what we love about this game is, when you look coldly at it, illogical. Anne Budge is clearly a (successfulTM ) business woman who is interested in football. If she hadn't got involved in Hearts she is exactly the sort of person who may have been invited to come up with some suggestions to improve things. 20 clubs in the bin, colts and god knows what else introduced, and you're stuffed.

Anne budge. Are you having a giraffe? Did you watch the programme on hearts? 😂😂

Quit moaning.

You don’t interpret the written word too well, do you?