The Falkirk FC Thread

Also, what happens to the prize money? I thought that was the reason we couldn’t go null in void last season because if we did prize money wouldn’t be able to be paid out.

Well remembered

There's absolutely nothing wrong with an 18 game season. We should only be playing each team home and away anyway as the 4 games a season is overkill. In terms of sporting integrity you'd like to see the season come to a finish even if that means just the 18 games. But as we are well aware sporting integrity is the last thing clubs think about when making their vote. To be honest we'd probably shit the bed if it were just the 18 games anyway. The only way it's heading right now is a null and void which is an absolute farce. 

If this were 30 or 40 years ago, in terms of principle alone, the outcome would be very different, but this century, corruption has made its way into most if not all of the football decision making in Scotland.
I said previously that the game here is now so corrupt, it’s become the new norm....people like Doncaster don’t even have the self awareness to see it anymore......we have become the very thing we used to accuse the Johnny Foreigner football authorities of being. The only difference is that other countries tried to hide it whereas the Scottish ones can’t even be arsed with the hassle of doing that. After all, they only answer to themselves.

Imagine if this was going on when Sevco were in League 1, they'd happily call the season in February and hand Sevco the title and promotion. The people in charge of Scottish football make it so obvious that decisions are only based around benefiting the bigot brothers. 

Apologies if this has already been covered in previous pages but surely the SPFL should have agreed some sort of plan with all clubs prior to the start of the season, as to what should happen should we be unable to finish the season.
To start the season with a realistic possibility that it won't finish, without their being any plan in place comes across as mental (although it is the SPFL)!

2 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Apologies if this has already been covered in previous pages but surely the SPFL should have agreed some sort of plan with all clubs prior to the start of the season, as to what should happen should we be unable to finish the season.
To start the season with a realistic possibility that it won't finish, without their being any plan in place comes across as mental (although it is the SPFL)!

They tried. The clubs said no. 

We have 42 clubs whose first instinct is "ME ME ME ME ME"

Occasionally, when self interest aligns as in L1 & L2 clubs wanting a restart we get "US US US US US".

I don't see how this could ever change. Maybe an independent governing body but the clubs wouldn't vote for that.

When the government stepped in and handed out £30 million of taxpayer's money, there was maybe a window of opportunity to get a fairer system in place - perhaps insisting on government oversight of the SFA and SPFL, a "seat on the board" kind of thing but that moment quickly passed and our money was divvied up in a bizarre fashion. 

Who the hell is that? New company just incorporated in novemeber? 

Owned by a guy called Gary Mellor who runs a sport’s agency and is Rawlins lawyer (or at least used to be)

On 11/02/2021 at 18:25, Back Post Misses said:

There is another thing that should be considered before null and void is called, if fact it should be front and centre.

There are many many fans who have bought PPV ST’s and not got what they paid for. Who is going to compensate clubs who can’t, for a second season expect fans to merely roll over and say to clubs keep the c£175-£200 they paid to watch 5/6 home games tops.

It's a mess and the various scenarios should have been laid out when the season tickets , TV deals were offered to the fans. Not just Falkirk but fans of all clubs

Now legitimate questions like yours are being asked.

What an absolute shambles the game is in Scotland !