The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, the worry for me is that with extending the date out till March, clubs would want at least three weeks of training to get anywhere near match fitness, that leaves a realistic date of 21st March to re-start. Unless there’s a shortened number of games, the chances of restarting for me is zero. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56010053

Only option with that kick off date is 7 weeks at 2 games per week and extend till end of May dropping the cup competition.

Not good but its either that or scrap the season.

6 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, the worry for me is that with extending the date out till March, clubs would want at least three weeks of training to get anywhere near match fitness, that leaves a realistic date of 21st March to re-start. Unless there’s a shortened number of games, the chances of restarting for me is zero. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56010053

I don't understand what he means here :

"We were prepared to test, but that is just a waste of money for part-time clubs whose players then go to work." 

The players in the leagues above who are still playing are not in any bubbles either.  Testing does not stop you getting the virus wherever you are but it is enough to keep you playing competitive football.  

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Only option with that kick off date is 7 weeks at 2 games per week and extend till end of May dropping the cup competition.

I agree with this.

With the lay off and short pre kick off training period , playing twice a week will no doubt lead to a flurry of muscular injuries but it's genuinely the best option. Scrapping the season, in the context of football, would be really sh*t.    

It would be really shit but it's probably what's going to happen. f**k knows what damage that will do to us but I hope Rawlins have got deep pockets. The powers that be don't care, Doncaster is a complete buffoon he must have some serious shit on someone to still be in a job. 

Surely there would have to be a vote since it’s a member’s organisation?  Can’t just say by the way we’re pulling the plug now. Stranraer’s chairman made a valid point - the lower leagues returning would have helped the Scottish Government as we volunteered to test approx 550-600 people per week which could pick up asymptomatic carriers that wouldn’t necessarily have been found without. Granted some of these part time players can work from home but not all will be so. 

12 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

No chance of them culling the Scottish cup as that would cost them money.  Wait and see they'll shut us down for the season and just give all the clubs still playing who are drawn against league one and two sides a bye and keep on going with the top two flights. That's the kind of governing body we have in charge.

So if the leagues is null and void below the Championship, there's no relegation from it or promotion to it?

If not, we need to start winning our 17 games in hand over everyone baby!

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

If there is no relegation to league one then any team in the championship that doesn't have a chance of promotion are playing friendlies for the rest of the season. What a farce. 

I don't think that will bother them in the slightest. From a financial point of view, it's a very straightforward calculation. Another season of guaranteed Championship football far, far, far outweighs any potential drop-off in pay-per-view figures - which in some cases, will be absolutely minimal anyway - if a few fans decide they don't fancy stumping up to watch the equivalent of a training game kickabout. It's an absolute no-brainer. And it probably suits them perfectly for the cancellation of the leagues can to be kicked down the road for a good bit longer, allowing them to maintain the veneer that their supporters are paying, or have already paid, for competitive football.

21 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I don't think that will bother them in the slightest. From a financial point of view, it's a very straightforward calculation. Another season of guaranteed Championship football far, far, far outweighs any potential drop-off in pay-per-view figures - which in some cases, will be absolutely minimal anyway - if a few fans decide they don't fancy stumping up to watch the equivalent of a training game kickabout. It's an absolute no-brainer. And it probably suits them perfectly for the cancellation of the leagues can to be kicked down the road for a good bit longer, allowing them to maintain the veneer that their supporters are paying, or have already paid, for competitive football.

Aye I agree, they would have a free hit, not having to care about results or performances, and plan for the next season in the same league whilst maintaining match fitness. 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No chance of them culling the Scottish cup as that would cost them money.  Wait and see they'll shut us down for the season and just give all the clubs still playing who are drawn against league one and two sides a bye and keep on going with the top two flights. That's the kind of governing body we have in charge.

Its the only way the season can be completed 2 games per week in the time window. Suspect you are right though. Sacrifice the lower leagues for the so clled elite clubs to operate as near as normal.

Other option is that clubs in the lower leagues withdraw form the cup.

What a mess !

46 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Aye I agree, they would have a free hit, not having to care about results or performances, and plan for the next season in the same league whilst maintaining match fitness. 

Planning what players to get in with the half a million of taxpayers money they got. 

There is another thing that should be considered before null and void is called, if fact it should be front and centre.

There are many many fans who have bought PPV ST’s and not got what they paid for. Who is going to compensate clubs who can’t, for a second season expect fans to merely roll over and say to clubs keep the c£175-£200 they paid to watch 5/6 home games tops.

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There is another thing that should be considered before null and void is called, if fact it should be front and centre.

There are many many fans who have bought PPV ST’s and not got what they paid for. Who is going to compensate clubs who can’t, for a second season expect fans to merely roll over and say to clubs keep the c£175-£200 they paid to watch 5/6 home games tops.

I think you raise a fair point mate however the authorities don’t give a shit about the clubs in the bottom 2 divisions or their fans unfortunately so I don’t think anyone will give a f**k.

I think you raise a fair point mate however the authorities don’t give a shit about the clubs in the bottom 2 divisions or their fans unfortunately so I don’t think anyone will give a f**k.

They don’t give a f**k about fans full stop. Clubs say they do but would not let this sort of thing happen if they really did.