The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

But difficult to make a strong case when you look at today’s numbers:
IMG_1612896394.722670.jpg

Listen mate, I’m sorry if I sounded like I thought football was the main priority.

I meant the government’s recent performance in general when it comes to COVID including the vaccinations.

Also, the public spat with Salmond’s supporters during a worldwide pandemic doesn’t do anyone any favours.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Listen mate, I’m sorry if I sounded like I thought football was the main priority.

I meant the government’s recent performance in general when it comes to COVID including the vaccinations.

Also, the public spat with Salmond’s supporters during a worldwide pandemic doesn’t do anyone any favours.

You've been watching too much State TV mate.

It all comes back to testing. 

If L1 & L2 had been testing from the start like they should've been, and said they could and got a hand out from Anderson to do so, then they would not have been shut down.

Yes I know the Championship wasn't either but they've got Hearts there so were always going to get to continue.

And yes I know someone somewhere in authority (wonder who?) inexplicably decided the lower leagues didn't have to.

But it would have been extremely harsh and unjust to close down a league who are testing players regularly and following all the protocols.

It's all a hideous mess and very badly handled. Par for the course really.      

Good to hear other chairmen for once, this forced period without games must be hurting many clubs, and nice to see the championship clubs will protect themselves at all costs.....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6659800/lower-league-sfa-spfl-18-match-season-promotion-threat?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebarweb

Other than the usual self interest,is there a reason why Championship clubs would not favour promotion and relegation this season if the League One is reduced to 18 games?
Something, of course, that the League One clubs have been given no say or control over?

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Good to hear other chairmen for once, this forced period without games must be hurting many clubs, and nice to see the championship clubs will protect themselves at all costs.....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6659800/lower-league-sfa-spfl-18-match-season-promotion-threat?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebarweb

The inevitable result of the earlier vote to NOT pass any rules addressing how the season would be resolved if it could not be completed as initially planned. It’s amusing (and disgusting, and inevitable) to see the people twisting to make a decision that’s in their best interest seem to be compatible with their positions in last years circle jerk fiasco.

One thing seems clear to me, and that is the arguments about you have to compete X% of the season/games to allow promotion/relegation are complete bullshit unless the understanding is had BEFORE the season starts. While deciding promotion/relegation based upon 18 games versus 27 or 36 seems a poor choice, it’s infinitely better than starting with an understanding that there will be promotion/relegation based upon a 27 game season and then telling everyone a few months later to just f**k off and we’ll try again next year because 67% of a season isn’t nearly as much as 72% of a season.

That being said, I guess an appropriate proportional payment to all the League One/Two sides might just make this complete balls up more tolerable, but in no way fair. I’ll also note there’s no way the SPFL/SFA would do that either!

7 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Right now, my money's on the southern fermers or Greenock for last place.

Morton are a shoe-in (if the season continues), a wretched team being run by a disinterested management group. Let’s just say that Sammon would likely be viewed as an arriving messiah there right now...

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Other than the usual self interest,is there a reason why Championship clubs would not favour promotion and relegation this season if the League One is reduced to 18 games?
Something, of course, that the League One clubs have been given no say or control over?

If that happens, I'm done with Scottish football. The hypocrisy, double standards and all the rest pales into insignificance if we have the league above deciding if they'll allow promotion or relegation. 

6 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

If that happens, I'm done with Scottish football. The hypocrisy, double standards and all the rest pales into insignificance if we have the league above deciding if they'll allow promotion or relegation. 

Yep. I consider football and falkirk a pretty important part of my life. But if the league above even had a vote to decide whether relegation was allowed, never mind rule that it wasn’t, I’d find another country’s league to watch.

Should we just have a vote every season to decide if we’re going to allow relegation this particular year? Genuinely cannot believe the stuff I’m reading. 

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, the worry for me is that with extending the date out till March, clubs would want at least three weeks of training to get anywhere near match fitness, that leaves a realistic date of 21st March to re-start. Unless there’s a shortened number of games, the chances of restarting for me is zero. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56010053

McInally's comments wrt the mental health of players are a bit strange. I doubt that a potential vacuum of perhaps four of five months, maybe longer, is going to create any kind of "certainty". Quite the opposite. He's a bit of a gobshite, but never shy when it comes to giving an opinion, and that gets him a bit of publicity. I wouldn't mind someone from our management team putting across our point of view and stance in the national media, but you never hear so much as a peep from them on this matter. Very disappointing.