The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I hope we get to finish the season, partly for selfish reasons.  I bought a virtual half season ticket for £99 and all I've got for it so far is a 0-0 draw with Partick.  Sums up my life really.

That's nothing. Back in April or May when Dave started his quizzes, I won the first one!

My (fantastic) prize was hospitality for two at the first game back with a crowd - I think it will be getting on for 18 months between me winning it and redeeming it!

Pressley linked with the Killie job in the papers this morning. How does someone with such a dreadful managerial record still get linked with jobs like that. Should be lucky to get a job with the likes of brechin on his past managerial stints.  I'm sure first thing he'd say is I promise you we will not go down.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Pressley linked with the Killie job in the papers this morning. How does someone with such a dreadful managerial record still get linked with jobs like that. Should be lucky to get a job with the likes of brechin on his past managerial stints.  I'm sure first thing he'd say is I promise you we will not go down.

I heard that his presentation for our DOF job was top- class.

The old saying ‘fur coat nae drawers’ comes to mind.

On 02/02/2021 at 19:36, Back Post Misses said:

I am starting to think that training will resume mid month. The announcement on schools is an indication that restrictions are going to start to lift. 🤞

Some full time players are still training together 🤐

39 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Looking through some old pics and found this...as Arthur Montford would have described it, a "stramash" at Tannadice.😂

PCreggvDUtd2.jpg

PCreggvDUtd.jpg

PCreggvDUtd3.jpg

Imagine Padge being the Falkirk player to be involved in a scrap?! 

Question: is that McCracken next to Gow?

I was having a think this morning if we are going to play most Tuesday night’s to complete the season will this give a greater benefit to the full time teams? Surely the part time teams would start to feel the effects of working all the week and then also training nights and two games on top of that. I appreciate a lot of them may be working from so it might not be a massive difference but we should start to see the difference between full time and part time teams. 

Edited by CC52 FFC

4 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I was having a think this morning if we are going to play most Tuesday night’s to complete the season will this give a greater benefit to the full time teams? Surely the part time teams would start to feel the effects of working all the week and then also training nights and two games on top of that. I appreciate a lot of them may be working from so it might not be a massive difference but we should start to see the difference between full time and part time teams. 

Most part time teams have looked fitter than us in League 1.

5 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

its bound to have some effect although I know if I was a player I'd rather have a game to look forward to instead of a trainign session. I assume most teams will just drop a night of training. They might pick up a few more injuries as you can't quite tone down your level performance during a match in the same way you can have a "light" training session.

The big question is, of course: Will Aidan Keena be fit for any proposed restart? A lot of Bairns seem to be pinning their hopes on him, for some reason.

Also, there is not one snowball's chance in hell of Sammon being up for 2 games a week (& a few others as well). Anything other than an 18 game season would be madness.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

The big question is, of course: Will Aidan Keena be fit for any proposed restart? A lot of Bairns seem to be pinning their hopes on him, for some reason.

Also, there is not one snowball's chance in hell of Sammon being up for 2 games a week (& a few others as well). Anything other than an 18 game season would be madness.

“For some reason”!!!

The reason being our other forwards are really bad.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

I don't quite get the Sammon statement, he has not really done much with us but I've never really considered that to be a fitness issue. He is arguably the fittest in the squad despite being one of the oldest.