The Falkirk FC Thread

Moving away from Martindale...

What do folk think about this new fan ownership, investment, scheme thing?

Anything that continues to reduce the % shareholding that SA and MR have is good.

As far as the fans groups go I hope they manage to run under one overall banner. I fear however that will be like herding cats as some will always think they know better.

39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The Livingston players don’t seem to mind. In fact one said in radio at the weekend it was the best dressing room he had ever been in and the manager had a big part to play in that.

Free couple of bags with their match fee would cheer anyone up.  You say only he has to live with his conscious but what of the people's whose lives are destroyed by the drugs folk like him peddled? 

Free couple of bags with their match fee would cheer anyone up.  You say only he has to live with his conscious but what of the people's whose lives are destroyed by the drugs folk like him peddled? 

He has served his time. As I will now say for the third time he is not my cup of tea but that is how society works. If he has changed and his actions now are in line with how people should be in society then people IMO deserve that chance. I appreciate others think differently

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He has served his time. As I will now say for the third time he is not my cup of tea but that is how society works. If he has changed and his actions now are in line with how people should be in society then people IMO deserve that chance. I appreciate others think differently

I doubt any other full time club would have him.  Livingston will take all.the scum of the day though and unfortunately it seems to work for them.

Anything that continues to reduce the % shareholding that SA and MR have is good.

As far as the fans groups go I hope they manage to run under one overall banner. I fear however that will be like herding cats as some will always think they know better.
I know there's still a lot to figure out but the idea seems to be to create a group which other fans groups can become a part of? Is that your understanding of it too?

I know there's still a lot to figure out but the idea seems to be to create a group which other fans groups can become a part of? Is that your understanding of it too?

Yes I believe that is exactly what they are trying to achieve

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hibs game tonight highlights the issues of grass pitches and the Scottish winter. More mud than grass left on it.

That's true, I was amazed how bad it was. The game also showed how sh*t a manager Jack Ross is, doubt he's got long left there. 

Not wanting to mention Martindale again but on transfers he was asked on radio post match said might be one or two going out to League 1( if and when we get back playing) and one to championship. I really hope Holt has got Jack Hamilton lined up. 

33 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Not wanting to mention Martindale again but on transfers he was asked on radio post match said might be one or two going out to League 1( if and when we get back playing) and one to championship. I really hope Holt has got Jack Hamilton lined up. 

Given our links there, I'd be very surprised if the question has not been asked. Tiffoney would be another one, I think.

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I doubt any other full time club would have him.  Livingston will take all.the scum of the day though and unfortunately it seems to work for them.

And thy care not a jot, sitting in top 6 of top league,  and a cup final meanwhile we take the moral high ground sitting league 1. Not proposing we throw all our principals out the window as a club by god we've been way too nice in the past. We need to toughen up on and off the park.

8 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Robinson, Sibbald and Hamilton please. 

14 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Interesting that the SFA told him to bolt when he tried to do his coaching badges. He'd served his sentence, seen the error of his ways, got on with his life then, so what's changed? 

Pardon me for thinking having convicted drug dealers coaching and training young people in sport is a bad thing. 

Scotland have a convicted criminal in the centre of defence going to the euros...

3 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

And thy care not a jot, sitting in top 6 of top league,  and a cup final meanwhile we take the moral high ground sitting league 1. Not proposing we throw all our principals out the window as a club by god we've been way too nice in the past. We need to toughen up on and off the park.

Yeah, being the cuddly good guys of Scottish fitba has served us well.

Can't wait for the morals cup parade.

12 hours ago, MS RR said:

That's true, I was amazed how bad it was. The game also showed how sh*t a manager Jack Ross is, doubt he's got long left there. 

How does getting beat 1-0 off of that Rangers team the way they are playing show how bad a manager he is? Enlighten me please.