The Falkirk FC Thread

In other words

“It is dross just not as dross” what an outlook. Talk about being content with mediocrity

I don’t expect to see quality football in this division. I’m only interested that we get up ASAP and I’m genuinely fed up hearing about constant demands of change.
It’s unconsidered change that got us into this mess in the first place. It’s time we held our nerve for once.
We are where we need to be. I agree with those that say if we drop off the top we need to reconsider, but that’s not where we are just now....

I don’t expect to see quality football in this division. I’m only interested that we get up ASAP and I’m genuinely fed up hearing about constant demands of change.
It’s unconsidered change that got us into this mess in the first place. It’s time we held our nerve for once.
We are where we need to be. I agree with those that say if we drop off the top we need to reconsider, but that’s not where we are just now....

They are not up to it IMO. The last 15 months show that so much so the Board have had to spend more money to coach them. You could not make this up. If it were another club we would be laughing at the indecision of it all.

They are not up to it IMO. The last 15 months show that so much so the Board have had to spend more money to coach them. You could not make this up. If it were another club we would be laughing at the indecision of it all.

Or maybe we are just trying a different approach now that the last few experienced managers were abject failures?
As I said many times on this thread, there are justified concerns and we MIGHT have to make change but can we at least focus on the fact that we are top and get behind them for now?
I think it’s only compounded things that we haven’t had a game following that awful display against E Fife to clarify if we are genuinely that awful.
I don’t think we are given performances and results earlier in the campaign and if we can get back to that, poor as the quality of football is in this division, we will be ok.
If not, I’m with you...

Q

Which mangegerial change were we too quick to make?

Q
Which mangegerial change were we too quick to make?

I said change. Examples...
Rushing to rid ourselves of the academy
Rushing to bring in a bunch of duffers under Hartley
McKinnon full stop because we could not get anyone else and fucking that up financiallytoo
Will that do for a start?

10 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

This picture turned up on Facebook and has confused the utter f'ck out of me

Was there a set of stairs at the back of the Hope Steet end?

I stood on that terrace for about 20 and don't remember seeing them!

FB_IMG_1611607983636.jpg

Isn't that the ones that took you up behind the goals?

Pie stall on the left of the photogrpaher

Edited by Bairnardo

16 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

FB_IMG_1611607983636.jpg

Yeah, thats you looking down basically at the 'toilets', with the pie stall as you turn left.

59 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Do you just make things up? Where do you get your information from?
I don’t get this expectation that we have a management team in place but the board should not back them whilst in the post and we are top....

I'm giving my opinion, I didn't claim to be stating any facts. I don't even know what point you're trying to make either, you're writing like someone that's been celebrating Burns night since midday. 

17 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

FB_IMG_1611607983636.jpg

Yes there was. Usually shoved down them on mass exodus. 

Just because we're in league one doesn't mean for a minute we shouldn't be able to produce a side playing decent football, scoring lots of goals and entertaining the fans. Plenty other sides have managed to do it over the years some of them with less of a budget advantage than we have had over 9 clubs last season and 8 this season.  This we're in league one so we can't expect decent football is complete cobblers.

59 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Just because we're in league one doesn't mean for a minute we shouldn't be able to produce a side playing decent football, scoring lots of goals and entertaining the fans. Plenty other sides have managed to do it over the years some of them with less of a budget advantage than we have had over 9 clubs last season and 8 this season.  This we're in league one so we can't expect decent football is complete cobblers.

Of course it's cobblers. We did though have a side toward the end of last season and certainly in pre season this, that looked like it was gelling and played some excellent stuff, particularly against Raith. Something's gone wrong since as the players don't look like they're playing like a team and seem to have lost confidence and desire. That needs to be addressed but that's got to be the responsibility of the current incumbents. 

If we do get back playing this season then we've got a maximum of 16 games left. To sack them now when they've got us top would surely be folly?  

7 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

If earlier posts are correct, Petrie has a decent day job, and therefore unlikely to give up the security to join, Young not quite sure about, but unless we have a queue of correct people looking to manage us, and in the event of our current managers failing why not. 

Maybe Petrie could come in on a part time basis alongside our other 3 managers.

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Yes there was. Usually shoved down them on mass exodus. 

Judging by the cars in the car park in the background I would say the photo was taken late 90's or early 2000's, towards the end of the life of Brockville.  You can also tell by the yellow "safety" marks on the steps that the photo couldn't be much older as health & safety wasn't really a thing much earlier. I went to live in England in the 80's so most of my memories of Brockville are from the late 60's to early 80's and I can't remember those stairs.
FB_IMG_1611607983636.jpg

6 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Judging by the cars in the car park in the background I would say the photo was taken late 90's or early 2000's, towards the end of the life of Brockville.  You can also tell by the yellow "safety" marks on the steps that the photo couldn't be much older as health & safety wasn't really a thing much earlier. I went to live in England in the 80's so most of my memories of Brockville are from the late 60's to early 80's and I can't remember those stairs.

I'm sure the section to the right was redeveloped in the mid/late 1980s (you can tell by the different brickwork). Cant remember what was there before, possibly an earth mound & more primitive steps. The yellow paint & railings were added later, possibly as a post-Hillsborough safety measure. 

I recall the fanzine at the time slaughtered the club for spending transfer money on the new wall & toilets instead of strengthening the team.

My memory is a bit hazy but hopefully others can add a more detailed timeline.

Would love to see more photos like this, really hits home how much we lost when we moved.

I said change. Examples...
Rushing to rid ourselves of the academy
Rushing to bring in a bunch of duffers under Hartley
McKinnon full stop because we could not get anyone else and fucking that up financiallytoo
Will that do for a start?

Rushing to appoint M&M was another

I get the rehabilitation thing, I get the "served his time" bit, but with drugs causing such a disproportionate amount of harm in Scotland, it's mind-bogglingly dumb to be appointing such a man into a high profile role -

europe graphic

But then, the SFA happily appointed Malky Mackay so this is nothing.

Maybe Henry McLeish should be calling for an investigation into the SFA and SPFL given their links to racists and drug dealers, especially now they've got their hands out for tax payer's money. 

6 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I get the rehabilitation thing, I get the "served his time" bit, but with drugs causing such a disproportionate amount of harm in Scotland, it's mind-bogglingly dumb to be appointing such a man into a high profile role -

europe graphic

But then, the SFA happily appointed Malky Mackay so this is nothing.

Maybe Henry McLeish should be calling for an investigation into the SFA and SPFL given their links to racists and drug dealers, especially now they've got their hands out for tax payer's money. 

Just looking at that huge disparity makes me wonder if there's something about the way we get the figures from drug deaths. eg... if someone dies of, I dunno, pneumonia but this was exacerbated or brought on by chronic drug abuse would we count it as drug death while Slovakia just counts it as pneumonia? 

Having said that I have been to Airdrie so understand the figure could also be entirely correct.